Peak Venus VS Peak Maria - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Venus or Maria?

Venus Williams 150 82.42%
Maria Sharapova 32 17.58%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 17th, 2012, 02:14 AM   #61
country flag ExXotikal

ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Peak Venus VS Peak Maria

It's very simple.
Naps on fast surfaces, Maria on slow courts.
If peak Napnus was struggling to wins over the Davenports on slow HC, I see no reason she's supposed to bully Davenport's better version in Pova.
ExXotikal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 17th, 2012, 02:19 AM   #62
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendof View Post
Yes, I agree with this. Perhaps he was talking about footwork. To me, though, Serena is still the best mover in the top 10, but her footwork (only at times) can take away from it.

Oh, and I think Venus would win peak to peak. Every shot of hers (at peak) beats Sharapova except the forehand (maybe). Even Venus' second serve was quite impressive at her peak, she had a MUCH cleaner motion before she was injured and changed it.
What I find amazing is... even with Serena's poor movement and footwork, she still gives Pova a massive beatdown

Can't be bad.

Peak Venus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Peak Pova

The End!
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 02:20 AM   #63
country flag blackandblue

blackandblue has much to be proud of blackandblue has much to be proud of blackandblue has much to be proud of blackandblue has much to be proud of blackandblue has much to be proud of blackandblue has much to be proud of blackandblue has much to be proud of blackandblue has much to be proud of blackandblue has much to be proud of blackandblue has much to be proud of blackandblue has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
^ Almost any player. Maybe you missed it but her movement has regressed in the last couple of years. Wake up it's not 2002 anymore.
"Almost anyone" in this instance not including the top two ranked players, right? Or are you arguing that either Azarenka or Sharapova moves better?
blackandblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 02:29 AM   #64
country flag hablo

hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute

Venus. No doubt.

GO all Canuck players GO
hablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 03:01 AM   #65
country flag jaredlikesbieber

jaredlikesbieber is just really nice jaredlikesbieber is just really nice jaredlikesbieber is just really nice jaredlikesbieber is just really nice jaredlikesbieber is just really nice jaredlikesbieber is just really nice jaredlikesbieber is just really nice jaredlikesbieber is just really nice jaredlikesbieber is just really nice jaredlikesbieber is just really nice jaredlikesbieber is just really nice

venus.
jaredlikesbieber is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 05:13 AM   #66
country flag forehand27

forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExXotikal View Post
It's very simple.
If peak Napnus was struggling to wins over the Davenports on slow HC, I see no reason she's supposed to bully Davenport's better version in Pova.
It seems there is a wide variety of opinions to how Sharapova compares to Davenport as players. If I hadnt started too many peak threads already that would have been my next one.

IMO peak Davenport (98-2000) > peak Sharapova (2004-2006) but I understand that is one people could easily argue either way.
forehand27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 05:44 AM   #67
country flag égalité

égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
if she is so good on all surfaces, why it happened so that she's never won RG and AO? and won less Tier 1 than Sharapova in shorter career?

the only one explanation is that she is not that good outside fast surfaces
IDK she was probably too busy winning Wimbledon 5 times.

Venus 6-0 6-0 except maybe at RG where cow on ice goat on clay Sharapova wins in 3.
Bitttchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh You Better Pay It Honey! The Devil Is A Liar!!!!! Bitches Get Interviews And Shit? Where They Do That At Honey? Girls Are Late Honey!!!! The Queen Needs To Get Into It Honey Cause The Girls Is Late Out Here! Yes Honey Im Throwing Epic Shade!

Management!
égalité is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 07:19 AM   #68
country flag Kasey

Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy. View Post
Your such a childish mess.
Ok, now please tell me which tower in the Siberian Kingdom do you guard?
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 07:26 AM   #69
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Venus on fast HC, grass.
Maria, clay and slow HC.
Period.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 09:46 AM   #70
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
They're in a world of their own. This poster genuinely tried to claim Serena wins the long rallies in her matches against Azarenka Don't bother trying to reason with it.
And Sharapova does win the long rallies against Azarenka?!
Difference is Serena CAN end the points quickly against Vika, unlike Masha..
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
17 majors:5255

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 10:43 AM   #71
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

As usual in every Sharapova thread, Azarenka and Kvitova fanboys are trying to stay relevant

Back on topic, Peak Venus >>>> Peak Sharapova
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14, Washington '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 12:44 PM   #72
country flag Dodoboy.

Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExXotikal View Post
It's very simple.
Think about what you just said sis.
Dodoboy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 12:51 PM   #73
country flag azinna

azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Again, knee injuries are irrelevant because Venus's defence has never been an asset .....
What? Perhaps there's a typo or missing word.

Always on the lookout for a great tennis match.
azinna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 01:48 PM   #74
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
at people still trotting out Peak Venus's supposedly great movement. Even though she had great raw athleticism, her defence was always extremely inefficient due to her bad anticipation and very low tennis IQ. Maria won the majority of extended rallies in all her non-grass matches against Venus.

Peak Venus wins on grass and quick hardcourts, Maria wins on slow hardcourts and clay. Maria would've been able to get hold of Venus's serve on slower surfaces and probably manage to scrape back most of Venus's first strikes in a rally, and then Maria's superior and less error-prone groundgame would do the rest of the work

It's too bad you didn't post in the peak Serena vs peak Maria thread...it'd been interesting to read your thoughts about THAT match-up.
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
17 majors:5255

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 01:53 PM   #75
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Sharapova wins at Australian Open and Roland Garros, Venus wins at Wimbledon and US Open
BlueTrees is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote