Peak Venus VS Peak Maria - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Venus or Maria?

Venus Williams 150 82.42%
Maria Sharapova 32 17.58%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 16th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #31
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Peak Venus VS Peak Maria

Some of you guys suggesting Venus would beat Maria on slower surfaces should watch the match between Seles and Venus at the AO in 2002. Venus had beaten Monica in all their previous matches on super-quick surfaces, but the one time they played on a slow surface, Venus's more powerful first strike wasn't good enough to get the job done -- even as slow a player as Monica (slower than Maria for sure) was able to get Venus's first couple of big shots back, and then the fact that Monica got better consistent length on her shots than Venus beyond the first few shots in a rally (as Maria would) meant the match heavily tilted to her favour. And the Sharapova-Venus match-up would play out similarly.

(And I don't think Sharapova and Seles are similar players generally, but I do think they would play a broadly similar role in the match-up against Peak Venus.)
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 16th, 2012, 09:43 PM   #32
country flag selesbooz

selesbooz has a brilliant future selesbooz has a brilliant future selesbooz has a brilliant future selesbooz has a brilliant future selesbooz has a brilliant future selesbooz has a brilliant future selesbooz has a brilliant future selesbooz has a brilliant future selesbooz has a brilliant future selesbooz has a brilliant future selesbooz has a brilliant future

Peak Venus My Ass MF please.
Maria has always been and will always be a better player then Venus ragged ass
Maria's BH is better then Venus. Venus moves better and hit her forehand harder but Maria's FH is more consistent. Venus's 1st serve is more powerful but not better by any means and venus's 2nd serve .

One thing that has really got me through this year when Masha been mauled by that bear is that she still one bitch named Williams
selesbooz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #33
country flag slydevil6142

slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of slydevil6142 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Some of you guys suggesting Venus would beat Maria on slower surfaces should watch the match between Seles and Venus at the AO in 2002. Venus had beaten Monica in all their previous matches on super-quick surfaces, but the one time they played on a slow surface, Venus's more powerful first strike wasn't good enough to get the job done -- even as slow a player as Monica (slower than Maria for sure) was able to get Venus's first couple of big shots back, and then the fact that Monica got better consistent length on her shots than Venus beyond the first few shots in a rally (as Maria would) meant the match heavily tilted to her favour. And the Sharapova-Venus match-up would play out similarly.

(And I don't think Sharapova and Seles are similar players generally, but I do think they would play a broadly similar role in the match-up against Peak Venus.)

You mean the same 02' OZ open where venus was limping around the court vs Seles?? Convienent this is your example....
Queen of Grass: Venus Williams
7 time grand slam champion, Olympic Champion,
The Tour Standard! .... still haha!
slydevil6142 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #34
country flag V.e.s.W

V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
you lost your credibility when became I.Hate.Sharapova , at the same time pretending to be I.luv.Kvitova/Azarenka/Radwanska etc

Venus second serve still is her main weakness, that's why she is not Serena in achievements and everywhere except grass she is not better that her main competitors including Sharapova

Peak Venus will beat anyone on grass, including her sister .... at the same time Peak Venus will lose even to no peak players at AO and RG
Peak Venus doesn't really need her second serve to be that good... cuz her 1st serve is untouchable
Daniela Hantuchova
Serena Williams
V.e.s.W is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #35
country flag TheDream

TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Bad example. Venus had a knee injury during that tournament. If you actually followed that tournament, or watched the match, you'd know this. Once again showing and proving your limited tennis IQ.
TheDream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 09:47 PM   #36
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Again, knee injuries are irrelevant because Venus's defence has never been an asset She was striking the ball at her normal standard in that match. I watched it a while ago.
By popular consent in the "Peak" thread, one of Venus's best ever matches was in the Wimbledon '09 match against Safina - when she had a knee injury.
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 09:47 PM   #37
country flag TheDream

TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by slydevil6142 View Post

You mean the same 02' OZ open where venus was limping around the court vs Seles?? Convienent this is your example....
You said it right before I did. Using that is a terrible example and even with limited mobility, Venus had chances to win the match.
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 09:50 PM   #38
country flag TheDream

Quote:
Again, knee injuries are irrelevant because Venus's defence has never been an asset She was striking the ball at her normal standard in that match. I watched it a while ago.
By popular consent in the "Peak" thread, one of Venus's best ever matches was in the Wimbledon '09 match against Safina - when she had a knee injury.
WTF are you talking about, Venus and Serena's defense/movement are a huge part of their success. And, watch the match between Venus and Monica at the YEC that same year, Venus was running down everything.
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 09:50 PM   #39
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Have people seen Peak Venus (2000 and 2001).....apart from Serena and PeakPierce no one can hang with her.
Andy. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 09:52 PM   #40
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDream View Post
WTF are you talking about, Venus and Serena's defense/movement are a huge part of their success. And, watch the match between Venus and Monica at the YEC that same year, Venus was running down everything.
No, she wasn't.

Atleast you've changed from the last time we discussed their AO match though, when you were trying to claim Venus won the majority of long rallies against Seles in that match
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 09:56 PM   #41
country flag TheDream

Quote:
No, she wasn't.

Atleast you've changed from the last time we discussed their AO match though, when you were trying to claim Venus won the majority of long rallies against Seles in that match
I never said that. Never, ever, ever. You just had the audacity to say Venus had poor defense. You even said Serena has bad defense. Even at 31, with 2 surgeries on her legs, nobody moves better and it's not even close.
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 10:04 PM   #42
country flag Kasey

Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute

The Guardians of the Shrieking Razor should concede defeat. Their fave is losing another poll by a big margin.
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 10:07 PM   #43
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlicznie View Post
The Guardians of the Shrieking Razor should concede defeat. Their fave is losing another poll by a big margin.
Your such a childish mess.
Andy. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 10:51 PM   #44
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

I would definitely give the edge on grass to Venus. She's an incredible athlete and at her peak she runs everything down on that surface, her match against Masha and Kuzzy at Wimbledon 2007 best shows what I'm saying. However, on clay it's a completely different story. We've seen Maria's peak form on clay this year and with that sort of form Venus would not be able to match her.
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 10:57 PM   #45
country flag End da Game

End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light

didn't we see this matchup at wimbly 2005 semi-final?

venus won in 2 sets
End da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote