Peak Venus VS Peak Maria - Page 21 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Venus or Maria?

Venus Williams 150 82.42%
Maria Sharapova 32 17.58%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 21st, 2012, 10:27 AM   #301
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Peak Venus VS Peak Maria

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Cause it was vulturing. This has nothing to do with Maria.
Even Vika fans know it and admitted it (the honest ones).

Playing Linz as well after playing in Tokyo, winning Beijing please she made sure that she could end N1 before entering the YEC but she paid the price during the last tournament, what goes around comes back around.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
So she shouldn't have played, Rome?!

She put herself in position to end as no.1, but the no.l position was still in play at the YEC, no?! And she did what she had to do..win 2 matches. What's wrong with that?

It ain't like she played THAT much more than Masha either, no? What, 2 or 3 more tournaments?
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
18 majors:5256

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 21st, 2012, 10:40 AM   #302
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
So she shouldn't have played, Rome?!

She put herself in position to end as no.1, but the no.l position was still in play at the YEC, no?! And she did what she had to do..win 2 matches. What's wrong with that?

It ain't like she played THAT much more than Masha either, no? What, 2 or 3 more tournaments?
No she shouldn't have, not if her only intention was just to withdraw this early but as a Serena fan I don't expect you to understand.

And yes the N1 position was still in play in Istanbul but after having played Linz, it was sure she was going to be N1 she needed to win just 2 matches and Maria needed to go undefeated and win the whole thing.

And it's not only about playing more, it's just the fact that her intentions were very clear when she played those tournaments, is it that difficult to understand? She abused the ranking system like its been said earlier this year because she did this in Rome and Montreal.

doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 11:04 AM   #303
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No she shouldn't have, not if her only intention was just to withdraw this early but as a Serena fan I don't expect you to understand.

And yes the N1 position was still in play in Istanbul but after having played Linz, it was sure she was going to be N1 she needed to win just 2 matches and Maria needed to go undefeated and win the whole thing.

And it's not only about playing more, it's just the fact that her intentions were very clear when she played those tournaments, is it that difficult to understand? She abused the ranking system like its been said earlier this year because she did this in Rome and Montreal.

Well, she got injured in Stuttgart, no?! But of course you guys weren't hearing any of that.

Yeah, and Maria going undefeated was never happening...so that was that.

I don't see that much problem with playing Linz. It ain't like it was some Luxembourg or something.

Old Nov 21st, 2012, 11:11 AM   #304
country flag homogenius

homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Cause it was vulturing. This has nothing to do with Maria.
Even Vika fans know it and admitted it (the honest ones).

Playing Linz as well after playing in Tokyo, winning Beijing please she made sure that she could end N1 before entering the YEC but she paid the price during the last tournament, what goes around comes back around.

Vika played 17 events.It's a reasonnable schedule (she could have play more).And she got almost no points in Rome and Montreal so it's not what decided who would finished the year as #1
homogenius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 11:51 AM   #305
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Well, she got injured in Stuttgart, no?! But of course you guys weren't hearing any of that.
And we still don't

Last edited by doomsday : Nov 21st, 2012 at 01:16 PM.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 12:25 PM   #306
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yeah, and Maria going undefeated was never happening...so that was that.

I don't see that much problem with playing Linz. It ain't like it was some Luxembourg or something.
Yep...extremely injured . Seriously, do you actually live under a rock or are you just incredibly ignorant?
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 02:18 PM   #307
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
Yep...extremely injured . Seriously, do you actually live under a rock or are you just incredibly ignorant?
she was so injured that 6 days later played Madrid and reached Final

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 02:31 PM   #308
bandabou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
Just too good-believing.

Anyways, it's established that Vika playing Rome and Montreal wasn't the reason that she ended the year as no.1 contrary to what doomsday was claiming.

Old Nov 21st, 2012, 02:34 PM   #309
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Um wtf at you guys. Stick to this topic. One day, I might open a thread for you. the Mashabator's Vs. Bandabou, so nobody else has to see your constant spamming in GM.
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 03:14 PM   #310
country flag SymphonyX

SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of

Venus everywhere but clay. But I think Maria bests Venus on slower hardcourts and can go toe-to-toe against her on moderately fast hardcourts.
SymphonyX is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 05:32 PM   #311
country flag jrollaneres25

jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by الحاجّ مالك View Post
The first one is pretty standard for the old Venus, but that second jumping one was pretty special. I've never seen Venus or any body else hit a backhand down the line with that much velocity while on the run. If you have I'd love to See the vid
This was in my opinion the last match from Venus where she played like her unhuman self. Massive!

I'm praying that she can move like this and make one more good run for heaven's sake!
Matthew 14:28 Then Peter called to him, “Lord, if it’s really you, tell me to come to you, walking on the water.”
29 “Yes, come,” Jesus said.
I am a pretty big Veeliver of Venus Williams, but I'm a FOLLOWER of

Jesus Christ!!
jrollaneres25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote