Isabelle Wallace - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 1st, 2014, 05:26 PM   #1
country flag Ianto_Jones

Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future Ianto_Jones has a brilliant future
Isabelle Wallace

Just wanted to point out that 17 y.o. Isabelle defeated much highly ranked Varvara Flink of Russia 7-5 6-2 in the Roland Garros Junios. Varvara Flink is ranked around 313th in the world at the moment, and has some stellar results. It appears that this win is more of a one off from what I can find at first glance because it doesn't seem like Wallace has anything else to back up this win. I was curious if anyone else knew about Wallace.
Advertisement

Old Jun 1st, 2014, 07:35 PM   #2
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation
Re: Isabelle Wallace

I was going to call this thread "necessary on a bicycle" if I'd made it (so it's as well I didn't).

She's from Inverness, I think, but she represented Australia until the start of last year.

I've never seen her in the flesh, but photos suggest she's exceptionally good-looking.

EDIT: Here's a story from just before her return with biographical details: http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/S...Down-Under.htm

Last edited by Embittered : Jun 1st, 2014 at 09:24 PM.
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2014, 10:58 PM   #3
country flag Material World

Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of

She was interviewed on the ITV 4 coverage today, as was Katie Boulter. She's a Scot with the accent but spent a few years in Oz. Currently training in Spain.

And yes, she is a looker.

Petkovic ~ Parmentier ~ Rezai ~ Errani ~ Vekic ~ Pavlyuchenkova ~ Halep ~ Konta ~ Riske
Material World is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2014, 12:22 PM   #4
country flag 4everandever

4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice 4everandever is just really nice

Stunning comeback today.

After going down 6-0, 2-0, she came back to win 0-6,6-3, 6-4.

Next round against Francoise Abanda, who is ranked around 188 in seniors looks very tough.

This win may be enough to boost her ranking to guarantee her a US Open Juniors MD ticket; after which she's 18.
4everandever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2014, 12:16 PM   #5
country flag Embittered

Loses 5-7 6-7(8) to Abanda. Way closer than I would have expected.
Old Jun 10th, 2014, 06:54 PM   #6
country flag Potapovushina
Not impressed.

Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute

I hadn't realised she had switched nationalities.

She got a MDWC into 50K Nottingham this week, but fell badly in R1 to Nicole Gibbs, 2 & 2.
Potapovushina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2014, 08:30 PM   #7
Not impressed.

Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute

She's playing G1 Roehampton now. Beat Natalia Vikhlyantseva 4 & 3 in R1. Good win!
Old Jun 23rd, 2014, 11:06 PM   #8
Not impressed.

She lost in R2 to (15)Fanny Stollar 5-7 6-7(3). So close!
Old Jun 28th, 2014, 04:14 PM   #9
Not impressed.

Wimbledon

(14)Sandra Samir (EGY) v Q
Isabelle Wallace (GBR) v Julia Grabher (AUT)
Jana Fett (CRO) v Q
(2)Catherine Cartan Bellis (USA) v (wc)Maia Lumsden (GBR)

Tough match in R1. If she wins it, I can totally see her getting past (14)Samir. GL!
Old Jul 1st, 2014, 09:48 PM   #10
Not impressed.

Destroyed Grabher 1 & 2! Good win.

R2 vs. (Q)Michaela Gordon, who defeated (14)Sandra Samir in 3 sets in R1.
Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 10:49 PM   #11
Not impressed.

Lost 2-6 7-5 6-8. Must be an heartbreaking loss for her.
Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 05:11 PM   #12
country flag Embittered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto_Jones View Post
Just wanted to point out that 17 y.o. Isabelle defeated much highly ranked Varvara Flink of Russia 7-5 6-2 in the Roland Garros Junios. Varvara Flink is ranked around 313th in the world at the moment, and has some stellar results. It appears that this win is more of a one off from what I can find at first glance because it doesn't seem like Wallace has anything else to back up this win. I was curious if anyone else knew about Wallace.
Oh, yeah, and I knew this, I'm sure, but hadn't fixed it in my memory: she's cack-handed.
Old Jul 12th, 2014, 08:21 PM   #13
Not impressed.

Pic from Roehampton

Old Jul 27th, 2014, 12:50 PM   #14
Not impressed.

More from Roehampton

Lovin' the Scottish nails!
Old Aug 22nd, 2014, 09:47 PM   #15
country flag Embittered

Isabelle beats Amy Bowtell to reach the QF of the Winnipeg 25K ("it's in the same week as the US Open qualies, you know"), which should also be played today (local time).