Alexandra Dulgheru's comeback letter - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 16th, 2012, 10:42 AM   #1
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Alexandra Dulgheru's comeback letter

It was published on the WTA site a couple of days ago, but I guess it deserves an own thread for its honesty, even more so in the off-season.

http://www.wtatennis.com/page/OffCou...981758,00.html

Quote:
Thursday, November 15, 2012

Hello everyone,

The year 2012 has been hard for me, with surgery on my left knee at the end of March and a whole season lost, but as my health is the most important aspect, I realized everything else is just fog and smoke...

The problems started some years ago. I was playing tougher and tougher matches at an increasingly higher level, and it was mostly on hardcourts, so after Miami in 2011, things started getting worse and the pain was becoming quite unbearable. I thought I could continue for the clay season, and with all the physiotherapy it would be better, but I was wrong. It was too much. No procedure was helping, and by playing and competing I was making it worse.

The best plan was for me to take some time off and recover, and I did that after Wimbledon last year. With a two month break and some injections, rest and physical training, when I restarted it was a bit better, but not enough. I still wasn't feeling comfortable enough to play a few matches in a row.

After last year's winter preparation, I had a good run at the start of 2012 - I came through the qualifying in Sydney and had a good first round at the Aussie Open, and I also won a $100K in Cali, Colombia, so naturally I thought I was following a good road. But I had a poor clay court tour in South America, with the pain starting to come all over again. Indian Wells is where I had an MRI done, showing a pretty serious tear that needed surgery. Just a week later I was already in Spain to see the doctor, who advised me that surgery was the best option too. I realized that tournaments and ranking points aren't as important as my health, so without a second thought I went ahead and did it.

I ended up doing four full months of daily recovery, between four and six hours every day at a clinic in Bucharest - except for Sundays. And then after that I continued going just a few times a week. In July I started playing tennis again slowly, like once every two or three days, and maximum one hour a day. I gradually started playing more, but there were times the physical training was more important, and I would play less. The whole time it wasn't easy to stay away from the courts for so long and see everyone else play, but now, after all of the hard work to come back, I'm feeling better and I can hardly wait to come back in better physical form, as I really enjoyed my first few years on the tour

There are bright sides to my injury, though - I've been enjoying some quality time at home with family and friends, reading a lot during the hours I've spent at the clinic, going to the cinema, horseriding... and last but not least, painting. I'm currently in the process of finishing a big painting I've been working on since summertime, mostly on the Sundays... I'll show it to all of you once it's ready

In the next months I will continue to play more and more tennis, and hopefully everything will be in order for me to start playing again next year!

Thank you for reading everyone and I can't wait to return to the WTA

Alex Dulgheru

PS I've attached some pictures from my time off... click below to see!
Good luck in 2013, Alexandra!

Haide!

Last edited by Curcubeu : Nov 16th, 2012 at 10:52 AM.
Curcubeu is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 16th, 2012, 10:50 AM   #2
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alexandra Dulgheru's comeback letter

Good luck to her

I've always enjoyed watching her play. I hope her comeback is successful, and she's back on the main tour as soon as possible.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 10:55 AM   #3
country flag deliverance.

deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future

Always nice to see when players come back after long injury and they are healthy, even if we aren't fan of them
Good luck Alexandra!
deliverance. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 11:00 AM   #4
country flag Juju Nostalgique
Marvelous

Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute

Bitches need to be pushed again so welcome back sweetie!!!

Juju Nostalgique is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 11:46 AM   #5
country flag Six Feet Under
Cake 4eva

Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute

Cute! Cant wait for her to play some more
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 12:04 PM   #6
country flag Trickle
#82, #63

Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute

Its always nice to read player's insights when things aren't going so well.
Trickle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 12:08 PM   #7
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Nice letter . I remember thinking she did a great British accent and seemed quite funny when I saw a video a while ago . I can't find it now though.

Come Along If You Need A Break From Tennis, But Want To Stay On TF.
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 12:18 PM   #8
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Can't wait to have her back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondtieva View Post
Nice letter . I remember thinking she did a great British accent and seemed quite funny when I saw a video a while ago . I can't find it now though.
Here it is

BlueTrees is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 12:40 PM   #9
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

such a lovely letter and so are the pics of the album WTA published with it
so happy to know she's motivated for the new season, can't wait to see her back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post

Here it is

she's so amazing such a lovely personality

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 01:09 PM   #10
country flag Trickle
#82, #63

Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute

Haha, I love that video.
Trickle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 01:16 PM   #11
country flag Super Dave

Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Nice I wish her well.

Super Dave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 01:33 PM   #12
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future

Like her...hope to see her back really fit and strong for a healthy season 2013!!
Saraya! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 02:38 PM   #13
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post

Here it is

That's wonderful. Such a lovely girl

So glad that she is healthy and coming back soon.
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 03:04 PM   #14
country flag JustPetko

JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, Alex!

TT Singles: (CH: #40) W ITF Biella'10, W ITF Nantes'10, W ITF Dubai'12 | TT Doubles: (CH: #1) ITF Nantes'10, ITF Bucharest'10, Marbella'11, Washington'11, Linz'11, YEC'11, ITF Opole'11, Pattaya'12, Tashkent'12, ITF Pune'12, Memphis'13, Carlsbad'13 | Suicide: (CH: #6) W Luxembourg'12, W Luxembourg'13, F Marbella'11, F Quebec'11, F US Open'11 | Tipping: (CH: #2) W YEC'11, W Acapulco'13, F Brussels'11, F Stanford'11
JustPetko is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 04:02 PM   #15
country flag NyCPsU

NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute

Alex

*Stephens*Hampton*Riske*Dulgheru*

*Anyone playing Wickmayer*
NyCPsU is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote