Peak Serena vs peak Seles - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Peak Serena vs peak Seles

peak Serena on all surfaces including clay (aka delusional Serenatards 19 31.15%
peak Seles on all surfaces including grass (aka delusional Selestards 3 4.92%
peak Serena on all surfaces except clay 20 32.79%
peak Seles on all surfaces except grass 10 16.39%
splitting the meetings depending on a variety surfaces and form of the day 9 14.75%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 15th, 2012, 07:08 PM   #1
country flag forehand27

forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold
Peak Serena vs peak Seles

The Seles of 91-92 vs the Serena of 2002-2003 who wins. I would favor Serena on all but clay. Not sure who is the better player in that instance, probably Serena as most regard her playing level of 02-03 the highest ever by a women even if statistically both Serena of 02-03 and Seles of 91-92 are inferior to Navratilova of 83-84, Graf of 88-89, and some corpses from the distant past. However it is close in that sense. However as far as a head to head matchup Serena and any huge power player who also moves better than Seles is a nightmare matchup for her.
forehand27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 15th, 2012, 07:19 PM   #2
country flag sweetadri06

sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Peak Serena vs peak Seles

I pick Serena everywhere, she along with her sister took the seles game to the next level.
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 07:26 PM   #3
country flag Start da Game

Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute

grass: serena wipes out seles 1 and 2

clay: seles blasts serena 2 and 3

hardcourts: close contests with serena edging out 60% of the contests and seles comfortably winning the remaining

do not underestimate peak seles.....

enlighten yourself...
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 07:27 PM   #4
country flag forehand27

forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetadri06 View Post
I pick Serena everywhere, she along with her sister took the seles game to the next level.
Come to think of it the Serena of 2012 Charleston and 2012 Madrid would probably even beat peak Seles on clay. Then again many feel those (especialy Madrid) were not real clay courts, including the men.
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 07:29 PM   #5
country flag LightWarrior

LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder who would win at 5/5 in the 3rd set as both are probably the 2 GOATS mentally.
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 08:35 PM   #6
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute

On clay Seles.
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 08:38 PM   #7
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

The faster the surface, the lower Monica's chances get of beating Serena..would have been an amazing match for sure.
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
18 majors:5256

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #8
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

Hard to bet against Seles on the red clay of Roland Garros where she was on track to becoming one of the clay GOATs before the stabbing derailed her career trajectory. Really hard to overlook her there. But Serena everywhere else, not often dropping sets.
Olórin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 09:51 PM   #9
Miss Atomic Bomb
Legendary

Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute
Peak Seles on clay is unrivalled while Peak Serena on hard is unrivalled. Serena would win comfortable on grass as well.

It would be a match of epic proportions on slow hc though with Serena coming on top.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using VerticalSports.Com App

Miss Atomic Bomb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 09:55 PM   #10
country flag forehand27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
On clay Seles.
OK I have to ask you something here out of curiosity. I notice you are the same poster who in the Peak Pierce thread was arguing profusely that Peak Pierce was better than peak Serena on all but grass, and maybe even on grass, lol! Yet in a thread comparing Serena to peak Seles you are giving Serena all but clay. So do you:

1. Believe peak Pierce is superior to peak Seles in which case ROTFL!!!
2. Just believe Pierce is a tougher "matchup" for Serena than Seles which I cant see possibly how, but you are entitled your opinion I guess
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 09:59 PM   #11
Miss Atomic Bomb
Legendary

Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute
^ don't bother making sense of his fail posts. He always posts this rhetorical useless crap

Sent from my GT-N7100 using VerticalSports.Com App

Miss Atomic Bomb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 11:36 PM   #12
country flag Alejandrawrrr

Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute

Serena definitely wins on all types of hard, with Seles winning sets here or there. On grass I don't want to imagine what would happen to Monica. On clay it's an actual contest, considering we're talking about 02-03 Peakrena, not 04-current RGQuarterena. More importantly though, it's the matchup. Serena eats slow power players for breakfast, lunch, dinner and a midnight snack. Granted the ones we have on tour now aren't as good as Monica, but when they're getting beat 1&2, 0&1 by a non-peak Serena in the first place...

Average pre-stabbing Seles vs Average Serena even with the matchup disadvantage would lead on clay, especially red. That being said I don't think even peak Seles would be able to outhit, outmaneuver or outlast the Serena of 02', who hit harder than her, was light years quicker than her, and even mentally tougher, if anyone could have imagined that during Seles' time.
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 11:46 PM   #13
country flag sweetadri06

sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamsova View Post
Serena definitely wins on all types of hard, with Seles winning sets here or there. On grass I don't want to imagine what would happen to Monica. On clay it's an actual contest, considering we're talking about 02-03 Peakrena, not 04-current RGQuarterena. More importantly though, it's the matchup. Serena eats slow power players for breakfast, lunch, dinner and a midnight snack. Granted the ones we have on tour now aren't as good as Monica, but when they're getting beat 1&2, 0&1 by a non-peak Serena in the first place...

Average pre-stabbing Seles vs Average Serena even with the matchup disadvantage would lead on clay, especially red. That being said I don't think even peak Seles would be able to outhit, outmaneuver or outlast the Serena of 02', who hit harder than her, was light years quicker than her, and even mentally tougher, if anyone could have imagined that during Seles' time.
I agree. Serena circa 2002-2003 moves better than Seles ever did, so clay would maybe be a contest but Serena comes out on top. (imo)
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 12:18 AM   #14
country flag Rolling-Thunder

Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future

I picked Serena for all surfaces except clay.

Serena>Seles on Aussieturf
Seles>Serena on clay
Serena>>>Seles on grass
Serena>Seles on hardcourts

The biggest blowout would be on grass. Serena would love Seles pace and would take advantage of her movement.
Rolling-Thunder is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 06:15 AM   #15
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by forehand27 View Post
OK I have to ask you something here out of curiosity. I notice you are the same poster who in the Peak Pierce thread was arguing profusely that Peak Pierce was better than peak Serena on all but grass, and maybe even on grass, lol! Yet in a thread comparing Serena to peak Seles you are giving Serena all but clay. So do you:

1. Believe peak Pierce is superior to peak Seles in which case ROTFL!!!
2. Just believe Pierce is a tougher "matchup" for Serena than Seles which I cant see possibly how, but you are entitled your opinion I guess
Very interesting questions indeed. Matty can get deluded at times, soo...
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
18 majors:5256

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote