Woman in Ireland dies of septicaemia after being denied an abortion - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 18th, 2012, 08:24 PM   #106
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Woman in Ireland dies of septicaemia after being denied an abortion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hablo View Post
Once again, a man has a say: he can choose to wear a condom, not have sex or have a visectomy (if he really does not want children). And I read recently that a pill was being made for men (contraceptive). Thank goodness.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48689501...-control-pill/
And women don't have a say to take the pill or the implant which unlike the pill doesn't require you to take it daily, its just inside you non-stop.

I actually agree with abortions in rape cases and have even said I reckon they should probably be legalised for the first trimester on demand however to make every woman who has an abortion into some kind of helpless victim is patronising and false.

Of course your post has just summed up the feminist argument that somehow men who don't manage contraception are looked at negatively but women who don't are viewed as unfortunate victims.

Also by feminist I'm obviously not referring to lipstick feminism just Germaine Greer and that archaic type

Old Nov 18th, 2012, 08:35 PM   #107
country flag hablo

hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KournikovaFan91 View Post
And women don't have a say to take the pill or the implant which unlike the pill doesn't require you to take it daily, its just inside you non-stop.

I actually agree with abortions in rape cases and have even said I reckon they should probably be legalised for the first trimester on demand however to make every woman who has an abortion into some kind of helpless victim is patronising and false.

Of course your post has just summed up the feminist argument that somehow men who don't manage contraception are looked at negatively but women who don't are viewed as unfortunate victims.

Also by feminist I'm obviously not referring to lipstick feminism just Germaine Greer and that archaic type
Where are you getting this stuff from? Give me an example of this.

Last time I checked it's the women who get pregnant who have to explain themselves. ALL THE TIME. Who's making every woman who has an abortion into some kind of helpless victim? You have a chip on your shoulder here.

And I don't understand the first sentence of your post. Please rephrase it. You don't like the idea of men soon being able to use contraception (the pill)??

GO all Canuck players GO
hablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 09:04 PM   #108
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

No men's pills are fine but its also a woman's responsibility contraception, like to say men can choose to wear a condom a woman can also choose to take the pill/implant.
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 09:07 PM   #109
country flag hablo

hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute

Ok. So please address the part I bolded in your last post?

GO all Canuck players GO
hablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 08:50 PM   #110
country flag kwilliams

kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like it was another really good turnout at the protest tonight. I'm glad the public discourse is continuing though some people are still trying to muddy the waters. There have been demonstrations of some sort in different towns and cities all around the country for 8 days straight now, I believe.

There have also been demonstrations of varying sizes outside Irish embassies in London, NYC, Berlin, Vienna, Stockholm, Edinburgh and other major cities.

If you're interested in this issue, please like this fb page:

http://www.facebook.com/SavitasLaws

More importantly, please sign this petition!

https://www.change.org/petitions/sup...hts-in-ireland

http://flickr.com/photos/keithmaguire/

Last edited by kwilliams : Nov 21st, 2012 at 08:59 PM.
kwilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 09:48 PM   #111
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

On the other hand, the union or whatever of Irish bishops has come out and said we should 'cherish' our abortion laws and said there should be no abortion any under circumstance... Christ they make me sick. The church is unpopular enough in this country at the moment, their stupidity in coming out with that is astounding.
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 09:54 PM   #112
country flag GOATdin0931

GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
On the other hand, the union or whatever of Irish bishops has come out and said we should 'cherish' our abortion laws and said there should be no abortion any under circumstance... Christ they make me sick. The church is unpopular enough in this country at the moment, their stupidity in coming out with that is astounding.
I dont understand why this makes people sick
GOATdin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 10:00 PM   #113
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodin0931 View Post
I dont understand why this makes people sick
I dont understand why some people are so heartless. But if you think a woman with a dying foetus cant get an abortion to save her life, and that she should die too, hey, I suppose thats just your twisted opinion.
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 10:02 PM   #114
country flag GOATdin0931

GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
I dont understand why some people are so heartless. But if you think a woman with a dying foetus cant get an abortion to save her life, and that she should die too, hey, I suppose thats just your twisted opinion.
I never said that but I do respect people who are still true to their beliefs despite all the hate they get. But yes if the baby is dying and the woman's life is in risk she should be able to get an abortion. However, I don't think that that is really an abortion.
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 10:12 PM   #115
country flag Flavia P.

Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of

But that is an abortion. It is an abortion, but it's a form of abortion people find acceptable so they don't consider it a "real" abortion or connect it to "irresponsible" abortions. Which in itself is nothing more than moral police gone mad. Morality and science very often do not mix.
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 10:18 PM   #116
country flag GOATdin0931

People these days
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 12:43 AM   #117
country flag ivanban

ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodin0931 View Post
I never said that but I do respect people who are still true to their beliefs despite all the hate they get. But yes if the baby is dying and the woman's life is in risk she should be able to get an abortion. However, I don't think that that is really an abortion.
That would seem kinda OK if the poor woman who died actually had the same belief as the ones who didn't let her have the abortion
ivanban is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote