Peak Wozniacki v. Peak Zvonereva - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Whose peak is better?

Vera 86 76.11%
Caroline 27 23.89%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 17th, 2012, 12:54 AM   #61
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Peak Wozniacki v. Peak Zvonereva

What exactly does playing dropshots have to do with getting players injured?
Advertisement

Old Nov 17th, 2012, 02:48 AM   #62
pav

pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
And Peakniacki beat Peakareva in the Montreal, Beijing, YEC matches in 2010. People trying to claim their matches against eachother when they were peaking as definitive proof eitherway isn't going to work: they generally split the honours in their matches at the time (oh God, those dark days when Wozniacki-Zvonareva was the best rivalry on the WTA such was the game's dire state ).

With that said, their 2010-11 matches certainly give the lie to the claim that either Wozniacki or Zvonareva severely underachieved and should've won Slams: not only were they regularly beaten comfortably whenever they played one of the genuine elite players, they didn't even have their number of their fellow non-Grand Slam champ. Whereas other "best players to never win Slams" like Jankovic or Safina reliably beat all the non-Slam champions when they were at their respective peaks.
Not so dire as shara losing a slam final by way of a bagel to virgin slam winner vika,and also in another of her slam final losses, if those same results had happened to caro or bepa there would have been three times the criticism,just trendy to get stuck into some and not others.
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 03:00 AM   #63
country flag jaredlikesbieber

jaredlikesbieber is just really nice jaredlikesbieber is just really nice jaredlikesbieber is just really nice jaredlikesbieber is just really nice jaredlikesbieber is just really nice jaredlikesbieber is just really nice jaredlikesbieber is just really nice jaredlikesbieber is just really nice jaredlikesbieber is just really nice jaredlikesbieber is just really nice jaredlikesbieber is just really nice

zvonareva for sure
jaredlikesbieber is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #64
country flag Mixal

Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future

Quote:
And Peakniacki beat Peakareva in the Montreal, Beijing, YEC matches in 2010. People trying to claim their matches against eachother when they were peaking as definitive proof eitherway isn't going to work: they generally split the honours in their matches at the time (oh God, those dark days when Wozniacki-Zvonareva was the best rivalry on the WTA such was the game's dire state ).

With that said, their 2010-11 matches certainly give the lie to the claim that either Wozniacki or Zvonareva severely underachieved and should've won Slams: not only were they regularly beaten comfortably whenever they played one of the genuine elite players, they didn't even have their number of their fellow non-Grand Slam champ. Whereas other "best players to never win Slams" like Jankovic or Safina reliably beat all the non-Slam champions when they were at their respective peaks.
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 09:19 PM   #65
country flag forehand27

forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pav View Post
Not so dire as shara losing a slam final by way of a bagel to virgin slam winner vika,and also in another of her slam final losses, if those same results had happened to caro or bepa there would have been three times the criticism,just trendy to get stuck into some and not others.
Vera and Caro would give their right leg to have Sharapova's career.
forehand27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 11:02 PM   #66
country flag effedcamel

effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pav View Post
and this is relevant how?
effedcamel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 11:46 PM   #67
country flag Novichok

Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by forehand27 View Post
Vera and Caro would give their her right leg to have Sharapova's career.
No she wouldn't.
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 11:58 PM   #68
pav

pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by effedcamel View Post
and this is relevant how?
Because Drumsander never misses a chance to get stuck into these two and always slips in "elite players" into his diatribes, often going on about folding in big finals(Bepa) but forgetting about abysmal showings sometimes by some of his so called "elite" list. I have never denied better players, but get sick of this "dark days when woz and zvon were 1&2 " sort of shit. It is fair enough not to like a player, but give any of the top twenty or so a bit of credit for their ability,I have read some say zvon is a club level player at best for example, just bloody stupid,and when a theit favs get a bit of a beating, well they werte just off their game that day!Seem to want it both ways.
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 12:10 AM   #69
country flag forehand27

forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novichok View Post
No she wouldn't.
So a player would rather two year end #1s and 0 slams than 4 slams and the Career Slam?
forehand27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 12:14 AM   #70
country flag Novichok

Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by forehand27 View Post
So a player would rather two year end #1s and 0 slams than 4 slams and the Career Slam?
I didn't say that. Can you read?

I think a player would rather two year end #1s and 0 slams over 4 slams and the Career Slam and no right leg.
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 12:27 AM   #71
country flag CloudAtlas
Lamenting the days of peak SEWTA

CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Who were these 'genuinely elite' players who 'regularly' and 'comfortably' beat Woz during her peak? The only players who can be afforded that stature during the period of relevance are the Williams and Clijsters who collectively played a grand total of 1 match against Woz during her peak of 2nd half of 2010/1st half of 2011. And that was a 3 set battle against Clijsters in the YEC final. Far from 'comfortable' and 'regular'

Zvonareva went one better by beating 'elite' Clijsters twice in 2010 including once en route to a Slam final. And she played the Williams once in said period and that was a Wimbledon final against Serena, so she can be easily forgiven for not scoring that particular victory.

And please, Safina and Jankovic had their demons too. Safina couldn't beat Slamless Lena D during her so-called peak to save her career and Jankovic's peak lasted, what, 5 weeks? In the first half of 2008, arguably part of her peak, she had losses to Cibulkova, Zvonareva and her arch nemesis Tanasugarn. And she even lost to Zvonareva at the YEC. Need I even mention Safina's efforts at the same event?

Last edited by CloudAtlas : Nov 18th, 2012 at 12:45 AM.
CloudAtlas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote