Plovdiv will host 2014 WTA Tournament of champions - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 14th, 2012, 12:25 PM   #16
country flag Juju Nostalgique
Rest in peace Bally

Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Plovdiv will host 2014 WTA Tournament of champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDonkey View Post
You'd better get tickets for Sofia.
Jamie Hampton & Danka Kovinić & Sam Crawford & SaiSai Zheng & Tita Tower Flower
Juju Nostalgique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 14th, 2012, 12:27 PM   #17
country flag Mary Cherry.

Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Plovdiv will host 2014 WTA Tournament of champions

Ironically, this decision must've been made by a div.
Mary Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 12:37 PM   #18
country flag Ivanovic_fan

Ivanovic_fan has a brilliant future Ivanovic_fan has a brilliant future Ivanovic_fan has a brilliant future Ivanovic_fan has a brilliant future Ivanovic_fan has a brilliant future Ivanovic_fan has a brilliant future Ivanovic_fan has a brilliant future Ivanovic_fan has a brilliant future Ivanovic_fan has a brilliant future Ivanovic_fan has a brilliant future Ivanovic_fan has a brilliant future

What is strange
We sighed a contract for 3 years, first 2 will be in Sofia and the last one in Plovdiv.

Next step is getting an ATP event
Finals Win/Lost
Singles : 0:1
Doubles : 3:10
Ivanovic_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 01:06 PM   #19
country flag kr1s71an

kr1s71an has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyDuck View Post
Pironkova won't seriously get a WC 3 years in a row.
Yes, she will unless she qualifies with an International title. I think that was the deal when they get the tournament - one of the WCs is for Pironkova unless she qualifies or can't play the event because of injury or something

Tsvetana Pironkova
kr1s71an is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 01:11 PM   #20
country flag sweetadri06

sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr1s71an View Post
Yes, she will unless she qualifies with an International title. I think that was the deal when they get the tournament - one of the WCs is for Pironkova unless she qualifies or can't play the event because of injury or something
That's really unfair. She better try to qualify next year for her own dignity.
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 01:19 PM   #21
kiriosh.

kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by $uricate View Post
The new venue better be on grass
Would be awesome
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 01:32 PM   #22
country flag Broseghini

Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by $uricate View Post
Pironkova Open taken to the next level

The new venue better be on grass
This

MARIA KIRILENKO | ALIZE CORNET | MARION BARTOLI
MARIA SHARAPOVA | JELENA JANKOVIC | ANA IVANOVIC | CAROLINE GARCIA
Broseghini is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 02:52 PM   #23
country flag Halepsova

Halepsova has disabled reputation

It didn't make any better than Sofia.
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #24
country flag petkoan

petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of

Haters gonna hate: http://www.wtatennis.com/page/OffCou...973601,00.html

"We are thrilled by the reception the Qatar Airways Tournament of Champions received in Sofia," said Stacey Allaster, WTA Chairman & CEO. "I experienced first-hand the excitement and interest in the event along with a world class facility and operation. With the support of great sponsors, led by Qatar Airways, committed organization by the Bulgarian Tennis Federation, and the support of the country's Ministry of Sports and the City of Sofia, this tournament was a terrific success for the WTA and the sport of tennis." - Stacey Allaster.

"Arena Armeec is an impressive new facility and on the weekend it's been packed, so it was really exciting to play here," Petrova said. "It helped, I think, that Tsvetana was part of the tournament, which raised awareness and will help get people involved in tennis.Each player was given her own locker room and personalized car and driver - we've been treated so well!" - Nadia Petrova

"It has been a great week. It was fun having my mom and the rest of my family here as well - and my coach - and just everyone who organized the event. The level was so high." - Daniela Hantuchova
petkoan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 07:25 PM   #25
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

99.9% of the world's population never heard of Plovdiv and the existence of this tournament.
Terminate this event and just sign Qatar Airways as a WTA's sponsor.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #26
country flag SerenaMJ

SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future

Plovdiv???? OK... Am I the only one who actually had to Google it to find out where it is?

My Twitter Serena followed me on 13/12/2013
SerenaMJ is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #27
country flag eDonkey

eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggly View Post
99.9% of the world's population never heard of Plovdiv and the existence of this tournament.
Terminate this event and just sign Qatar Airways as a WTA's sponsor.
So let's stick it all to New York, Paris and London and fire all players besides the Williams sisters and Sharapova.
I don't see anything wrong with the idea to promote tennis in Bulgaria and different venues in Bulgaria around the world by organizing such sporting events.

Vesnina.Niculescu.Falconi.Voskoboeva.Paszek.Shvedo va.Voegele
TennisTipping.Singles(#16|06.08.2012) ITF Fukuoka, Roland Garros|RU ITF Cali
TennisTipping.Doubles(#82|09.04.2012) ITF Casablanca (w/diego36arg), ITF Cagnes-Sur-Mer (w/Frederik), 2010 Osaka (w/CapriatiRules)
eDonkey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #28
country flag GOATdin0931

GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Cool
GOATdin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 08:36 PM   #29
tejmeglekvár
CFO

tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenaMJ View Post
Plovdiv???? OK... Am I the only one who actually had to Google it to find out where it is?
should I google where is Charleston or New Haven?
tejmeglekvár is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 08:57 PM   #30
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xepher View Post
I think they would have it till pironkova actually wins it
Thought the exact same thing

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote