Who are the least classiest players on tour? - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Nov 14th, 2012, 08:15 PM   #61
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Who are the least classiest players on tour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scola View Post
Not true at all. Svitolina is absolutely sweetheart, watched her more than 10 times personally over last 3 years and never saw her acting clasless. Same for Gavrilova, who is very popular among other players.
IDK, you might have a point. Classless is probably not the proper word, it's more like bratty and immature behavior, which is typical behavior for youngsters these days.
Advertisement

Old Nov 14th, 2012, 08:19 PM   #62
country flag shoryuken

shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevetssllim View Post
Oh please. Serena and Sharapova have had their moments but they are generally very fair and sporting compared to the likes of Poutchek, Putintseva etc who are just the same in every match they play.
I agree with you

\ /
I IV
serenaslam.tumblr.com
shoryuken is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 08:43 PM   #63
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all

Serena has had both moments of classlessness and class. In the "Hawkeye Match" against Capriati, she did well to hold it together -- I think if I were in her shoes I would have completely lost it. She also showed a lot of class when Sabine got injured this past year at Charleston.
JohnMcP is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 09:08 PM   #64
country flag NashaP

NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold

victoria Azarenka
NashaP is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 09:17 PM   #65
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcP View Post
Serena has had both moments of classlessness and class. In the "Hawkeye Match" against Capriati, she did well to hold it together -- I think if I were in her shoes I would have completely lost it. She also showed a lot of class when Sabine got injured this past year at Charleston.
She really only had those two incidents and that's it. Posters on this board were laughing when she said: "I never complain!", but she's right, she almost never complains. She barely uses hawk-eye, she rarely questions the calls. I realize that her outbursts were classless, but it's not fair to describe her as classless based on 2 outbursts in a 17 years long career. And she's been through a lot, really.

Btw, after both of those incidents, she was really classy and nice to her opponents.
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 09:30 PM   #66
country flag MrProdigy555
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
She really only had those two incidents and that's it. Posters on this board were laughing when she said: "I never complain!", but she's right, she almost never complains. She barely uses hawk-eye, she rarely questions the calls. I realize that her outbursts were classless, but it's not fair to describe her as classless based on 2 outbursts in a 17 years long career. And she's been through a lot, really.

Btw, after both of those incidents, she was really classy and nice to her opponents.
This. This. This. This. This.

It's so easy for people to try and define her character based off of 2 negatives incidents, instead of YEARS of wonderful gamesmanship.

And another thing. Why the fuck does it matter?! They are professional athletes. It's intense out there, a battlefield. They don't have to be "classy," whatever that even means.

You know, Aaron Rodgers is so classy on the field. So is Clay Matthews. Blah blah blah. I never hear stupid things like that being said about (American) Football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
Don't make me come to T&T to huff and puff and blow your hut down, girl.
Fuck y'all
MrProdigy555 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 09:36 PM   #67
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
This. This. This. This. This.

It's so easy for people to try and define her character based off of 2 negatives incidents, instead of YEARS of wonderful sportsmanship.
fixed

I agree, they don't have to be classy, some of the players I really like are not classy at all.
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 09:48 PM   #68
country flag Dominic

Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
First of all, there are LOADS of players (the vast majority actually) who have had very long careers and have never had disgusting outbursts of this kind. In fact I don't remember any player ever physically threatening ppl like that or berating an umpire for like 10 minutes for doing her job well. Just one incident like that is one too many...

Second of all, Serena has shown her classlessness waaaay more times than 2. She makes disrespectful or spiteful comments in her press conferences or interviews on a regular basis. And it's fine if you're ok with supporting classless ppl but that's not everyone's case.
Dominic is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 10:08 PM   #69
country flag Annie.

Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
First of all, there are LOADS of players (the vast majority actually) who have had very long careers and have never had disgusting outbursts of this kind. In fact I don't remember any player ever physically threatening ppl like that or berating an umpire for like 10 minutes for doing her job well. Just one incident like that is one too many...

Second of all, Serena has shown her classlessness waaaay more times than 2. She makes disrespectful or spiteful comments in her press conferences or interviews on a regular basis. And it's fine if you're ok with supporting classless ppl but that's not everyone's case.
Does the Queen still have your mind?
Annie. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 10:22 PM   #70
country flag Cajka

Quote:
In fact I don't remember any player ever physically threatening ppl like that
Maybe you remember what Nalbandian did this year. On purpose or not, if Serena did that, she would be crucified. And I don't want to name all the players who were more than rude to lines people, chair umpires, but they never get as much shit as Serena does. Coincidence? I don't think so. She crossed the line, it was an awful behavior, but no, you can't describe her as a demon because of that. We all have outbursts, we are all classless now and then, but it looks like it's the worst sin ever only if it happens in front of camera.

Quote:
Second of all, Serena has shown her classlessness waaaay more times than 2. She makes disrespectful or spiteful comments in her press conferences or interviews on a regular basis.
On a regular basis? Come on. She's simply honest, yes, she was mocking the ranking system and, yes, Safina didn't create that system, but she's entitled to her opinion.

Quote:
And it's fine if you're ok with supporting classless ppl but that's not everyone's case.
It's also fine that you despise Serena, but it's not everyone's case and that's it.

By the way, I'm done with commenting on Serena and her outbursts in this thread, I'm not gonna be dragged into some endless discussion about Maria, Serena, racism and who knows what else. And that's how it mostly ends.
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 10:30 PM   #71
country flag Joana

Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Justine was nearly skinned alive after her classless moments and I demand the same treatment for everyone else. Yes, I'm a spiteful and petty person.
Joana is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 10:32 PM   #72
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

If Capriati was still active..... I'd pick her.
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 10:34 PM   #73
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoryuken View Post
I agree with you

PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 10:42 PM   #74
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joana View Post
Justine was nearly skinned alive after her classless moments and I demand the same treatment for everyone else. Yes, I'm a spiteful and petty person.
I really don't know what she was thinking in that moment or if she raised that hand on purpose. Anyway, she won RG that year and Serena lost the matches when she had those outbursts. When you cheat, it's affecting your opponent, but outbursts... it only affected Serena. By the way, I'm not that judgemental and I never hated Henin because of that incident. Shit happens. And I believed her when she said she was sorry.
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 10:44 PM   #75
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

@ the poster who calls black people gorillas calling someone else classless

So you think swearing at the crowd is not classless? Well, I suppose someone who was dragged up like you would think like that Plus, what about her comment "Is she back in Poland yet"? That's also classless.

Considering Serena has been on the tour much longer than Maria, I think Maria beats Serena hands down when it comes to classlessness.

Hey, you should be happy, at least Maria can beat Serena at something on a tennis court

PLUS - BEING RACIST IS THE EPITOME OF CLASSLESSNESS - Does that resonate with you?

Last edited by PetraReeMona : Nov 14th, 2012 at 10:51 PM.
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread