2013 XWTA/ Tennisforum Awards! Come in & vote! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 18th, 2013, 05:50 PM   #1
country flag Horcrux

Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future
2013 XWTA/ Tennisforum Awards! Come in & vote!

Inspired by the MTF thread

It's been another long year in the WTA and the time has come to give out awards

The categories are:

Player of the year:

Surprise of the year:

Disappointment of the year:

Newcomer of the year:

Comeback player of the year:

Grand slam match of the year:

Most dramatic match of the year:

Best Non-Grand Slam match of the year:

Most overrated match of the year:

Tournament of the year:

Performance of the year:

Houdini/comeback of the year:

Outcome of a match you would like to change:

Most improved player of the year:

Worst choke of the year:

Player you discovered in 2013:

Retired player you will miss the most:

Player to look out for in 2014:

Your wishes for 2014:

Submit your picks
Horcrux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 18th, 2013, 05:57 PM   #2
country flag Mightymirza

Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2013 XWTA/ Tennisforum Awards! Come in & vote!

Player of the year: Serena

Surprise of the year: Bartoli winning wimbledon!

Newcomer of the year: Bouchard

Tournament of the year:

Performance of the year:

Most improved player of the year: Simona Halep

Worst choke of the year:

Player you discovered in 2013: Jamie Hampton (did not watch her play prior to 2013.)

Retired player you will miss the most: Marion?

Your wishes for 2014:

Martina Hingis Ana Ivanovic Myskina Safarova

When I have my goals set, I always attain them- Justine

Last edited by Mightymirza : Nov 18th, 2013 at 06:16 PM.
Mightymirza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2013, 06:04 PM   #3
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Surprise of the year: Bartoli winning Wimbledon

Disappointment of the year: Lisicki failing to win Wimbledon?

Comeback player of the year: Kleybanova, I guess

Grand slam match of the year: Radwanska-Lisicki, Wimbledon SF

Most dramatic match of the year: Li-Azarenka, AO final

Best Non-Grand Slam match of the year: Serena-Kvitova in Doha

Most overrated match of the year: Most Serena-Azarenka matches, in terms of quality that is. They tend to deliver on the drama.

Tournament of the year: Australian Open

Performance of the year: Serena d. Errani, French Open SF

Houdini/comeback of the year: Honestly can't recall. Serena-Kuznetsova, maybe?

Outcome of a match you would like to change: French Open final

Worst choke of the year: Does the Wimbledon final count, considering Lisicki was heavily favoured?

Player you discovered in 2013: Not sure, really. Can't remember who I didn't know

Retired player you will miss the most: Bartoli - absence makes the heart grow fonder

Player to look out for in 2014: Halep is the easy option

Your wishes for 2014: Sharapova remains injury free, re-cements place in top 3, wins a slam, gets a win over Serena (you didn't say they have to be realistic...). Robson cracks the top 20, wins her maiden title and reaches a slam QF.

Lisicki gets knocked out first round of Wimbledon because it will be hilarious. Azarenka sacks her coach and RedFoo starts coaching her. She also buys out her contract with Nike, and starts wearing Party Rock clothes on court. The AELTC ban RedFoo's afro.
Old Nov 18th, 2013, 06:20 PM   #4
country flag Horcrux

Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future Horcrux has a brilliant future

My picks:

Player of the year: Serena No explanation needed,

Surprise of the year: Bartoli winning Wimbledon How many people saw that coming?

Disappointment of the year: Sharapova's 2nd half of the year. She started off so strong, she looked like she would win another Slam and was only losing to Serena, but after FO, it all went dramatically downhill. Hope she is ok for next year.

Newcomer of the year: Eugenie Bouchard. Hopefully she will break the Top 20 next year.

Comeback player of the year: Flavia Pennetta. I am not a big fan, but she reached the SF of the US Open (her best Slam result ever) after a long layoff and beat some quality players along the way.

Grand slam match of the year: US Open final. The last Slam final of the year So much was at stake for both in this match and they both fought so hard and played yet another fantastic match (although I was going crazy live, I barely survived it). The atmosphere, the crowd, transition from day to night, the intensity, amazing drama, peak WTA.

Most dramatic match of the year: Lisicki-Radwanska Wimbledon Even though I was mad at Lisicki for beating Serena (and rooted against her in the final), I knew all hell would break loose if Radwanska won and thankfully Lisicki saved tennis

Best Non-Grand Slam match of the year: Serena-Kvitova in Doha Stunning play from Petra, best she's played in the last couple of seasons and great comeback by Serena. Very special match as well as she finished it off with an ace and on her knees in tears after coming back to No.1 after 3 years.

Most overrated match of the year: Serena-Maria Miami Maria fans were going wild and people in general refer to it as this great comeback by Serena. In reality, it was a routine win after the first set.

Tournament of the year: French Open (I waited so many years to say that )

Performance of the year: Serena vs Errani at the French Open. 6-0 6-1, 46 minutes, 40 winners, 8 UE, 8 aces in a Slam Semifinal vs a top 5 opponent. Enough said.

Houdini/comeback of the year: Not many come to mind right now, so I will pick Serena-Cibulkova in Miami. Cibulkova was up 6-2 4-1, 40-15 and Serena turned it around and won in 3.

Outcome of a match you would like to change: Serena-Lisicki at Wimbledon She was so close, but Sabine was just in God mode and Serena choked to death in that match. Had she won, she would have inevitably won the tournament.

Most improved player of the year: Halep. A real breath of fresh air

Worst choke of the year: Li at the Aussie Open I knew she would choke, but the match itself was incredibly painful to watch.

Player you discovered in 2013: Eugenie Bouchard and Jamie Hampton.

Retired player you will miss the most: Marion Bartoli

Player to look out for in 2014: Halep. I'm not jumping on the bandwagon, but she has a lt of potential, let's hope she can realize it.

Your wishes for 2014: Serena to stay healthy and injury free and the results will come
Horcrux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2013, 06:26 PM   #5
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Surprise of the year: Bartoli

Disappointment of the year: Maria

Comeback player of the year: Pennetta

Grand slam match of the year: Sabine defeats Serena Wimbledon

Most dramatic match of the year: Sloane defeats Serena, AO

Best Non-Grand Slam match of the year: Vika-Serena, Cincy

Most overrated match of the year: No idea, honestly

Tournament of the year: French Open

Performance of the year: Serena, French Open (aka all clay season)

Houdini/comeback of the year: Sabine Lisicki, Wimbledon vs. Serena

Outcome of a match you would like to change: Maria's Wimbledon R2

Worst choke of the year: Ana vs. Halep in Sofia was pretty glorious

Player you discovered in 2013: Bouchard

Retired player you will miss the most: Bartoli

Player to look out for in 2014: Halep

Your wishes for 2014: Maria Sharapova to come back healthy and strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
Not pressed at all. Just hate Maria and all she stands for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crescentmoon View Post
Why are you determined to create animosity among people in GM?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
This actually a serious topic believe or not. Maria planning for motherhood...
TrollPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2013, 06:26 PM   #6
country flag hBence

hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute

Great thread

Player of the year: Serena Jameka Williams

Surprise of the year: Serena failing to win Wimbledon or Bartoli winning Wimbledon

Disappointment of the year: Serena's Wimbledon performance

Comeback player of the year: Alisa Kleybanova (She didn't have a good year, she only have a few victories, but she has defeated Hodgkin's lymphoma so she deserves this award)

Grand slam match of the year: Serena vs Vika at USO F

Most dramatic match of the year: AO F Li-Vika

Best Non-Grand Slam match of the year: Serena-Kvitova Doha QF

Most overrated match of the year: Stephens-Serena AO QF (Serena was injured - ankle & back - Sloane's victory should have been threatened in the light of this)

Tournament of the year: Roland Garros

Performance of the year: Serena's RG performance - especially against Errani

Houdini/comeback of the year: Serena-Kuznetova RG QF - Serena was down against Sveta in the 3rd set of QF where she usually lost in the past

Outcome of a match you would like to change:Serena-Stephens AO QF

Most improved player of the year: Halep

Worst choke of the year: can't remember

Player you discovered in 2013: probably Svitolina

Retired player you will miss the most: Ági Szávay

Your wishes for 2014: Serena stays injury free and wins the CYGS

Serena Williams - Caroline Wozniacki - Venus Williams - Andrea Petkovic - Rafa Nadal - Timi Babos - Svetlana Kuznetsova - Lewis Hamilton - Ági Szávay - Alisa Kleybanova - Vera Zvonareva
hBence is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2013, 06:47 PM   #7
country flag .Andrew.

.Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute

I went on first instinct on most of these, but if I think of a match (or see someone else post it) that I agree with more I'll edit it

Player of the year: Serena Williams

Surprise of the year: The entire Wimbledon fortnight From Rafa, Roger, Sharapova out within two days and then Serena out a days later. Just generally SEED EXODUS

Disappointment of the year: NADIA PETROVA
Honorable mention: Julia Goerges

Newcomer of the year: Eugenie Bouchard

Comeback player of the year: Alisa Kleybanova

Grand slam match of the year: RG QF: Serena d. Kuznetsova - Aside from her runs here and in Melbourne, Sveta had pretty much a poor season. Even her results in the warmups for Roland Garros were poor on her part... But I had a feeling though if she could somehow scrape through her first matches, she could trouble Serena if she played well. I think out of the players left on tour, she is one of the only players who could match Serena (great athlete, could play defense, create opportunities for herself as well). And Serena needed a match like this. After winning it, she played a superb match against Errani and put in a relaxed performance to beat Sharapova and FINALLY win her 2nd RG title
Honorable mentions: Lisicki d. Serena and Radwanska at Wimbledon

Most dramatic match of the year: Istanbul SF: Serena d. Jankovic; Crybabyrena v. Dramalena. Just a mess really

Best Non-Grand Slam match of the year: Hantuchova d. Schiavone Birmingham QF

Most overrated match of the year: -

Tournament of the year: Wimbledon - Shocking, but exciting at the same time I thought it was cool that someone not named Serena, Vika, or Maria was going to win a GS

Performance of the year: Wimbledon R4: Lisicki d. Serena
Honorable mentions: Wimbledon SF: Lisicki d. Radwanska; RG SF: Serena d. Errani

Houdini/comeback of the year: -

Outcome of a match you would like to change: Wimbledon QF: Bartoli d. Stephens

Most improved player of the year: Simona Halep.

Worst choke of the year: I suppose Lisicki losing the Wimbledon final as tamely as she did after doing all of the hard work could constitute as a choke? She never got herself in a position to win though.

There are definitely worse chokes, but the most recent one I watched that came to mind was Sofia SF: Halep d. Ivanovic. Girl bye.

Player you discovered in 2013: Jamie Hampton
Honorable mention: Anna-Karolina Schmiedlova

Retired player you will miss the most: Marion Bartoli (of players who retired this year)
Honorable mention: Agnes Szavay

Player to look out for in 2014: Simona Halep (whether she can build on her form...or flop )

Your wishes for 2014: All of my favorites most importantly to remain healthy
OWTT: New Haven S2, Rome S4, Strasbourg S4, New Haven S5, Dubai S6, Roland Garros S7, Stanford S7, Montreal S7, Tashkent S7, Monterrey S8, Stuttgart S8, Roland Garros S8, Australian Open S9
.Andrew. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2013, 06:52 PM   #8
country flag crescentmoon

crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollPova View Post

Surprise of the year: Bartoli

Disappointment of the year: Maria

Comeback player of the year: Pennetta

Grand slam match of the year: Sabine defeats Serena Wimbledon

Most dramatic match of the year: Sloane defeats Serena, AO

Best Non-Grand Slam match of the year: Vika-Serena, Cincy

Most overrated match of the year: No idea, honestly

Tournament of the year: French Open

Performance of the year: Serena, French Open (aka all clay season)

Houdini/comeback of the year: Sabine Lisicki, Wimbledon vs. Serena

Outcome of a match you would like to change: Maria's Wimbledon R2

Worst choke of the year: Ana vs. Halep in Sofia was pretty glorious

Player you discovered in 2013: Bouchard

Retired player you will miss the most: Bartoli

Your wishes for 2014: Maria Sharapova to come back healthy and strong
I agree with all these except for my wishes for 2014. I want Serena to stay healthy and continue winning.
crescentmoon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2013, 06:55 PM   #9
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future

Surprise of the year: Sabine not beating Bartoli in the Wimbledon final

Disappointment of the year: Sabine turning up late for the Wimbledon final

Most dramatic match of the year: Sabine vs Serena

Tournament of the year:

Performance of the year:

Outcome of a match you would like to change: Duh, Wimbledon final

Worst choke of the year: Which do I chose between Ana choking twice in two days, i'll pick both as it was some achievement

Player you discovered in 2013: Simona Halep

Player to look out for in 2014: Simona Halep

Your wishes for 2014:
venusinfurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2013, 06:58 PM   #10
country flag DanBrusca

DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light DanBrusca is a glorious beacon of light

Player of the year:
Serena Williams. I'm not really much of a fan, but with 10 titles and the biggest 12-month points gain of any player it's hard to make a case for anyone having a superior claim.

Surprise of the year:
Michelle Larcher de Brito beating Maria Sharapova at Wimbledon. If the answer to this is meant to be a specific player then Simona Halep.

Julia Goerges

Newcomer of the year:
Eugenie Bouchard

Jelena Jankovic. Second-highest points gain of the year.

Serena Williams v Sabine Lisicki, Wimbledon

Serena Williams v Sabine Lisicki, Wimbledon

Annika Beck v Katarzyna Piter, Luxembourg

Tournament of the year:
Wimbledon. One of those crazy tournaments where almost every day brought with it some kind of shock result.

Performance of the year:
Daniela Hantuchova winning Birmingham in 159 games. It may not have been pretty, but it was the hardest-won WTA title of the year.

Most improved player of the year:
In terms purely of ranking points gained it was Serena, but in relative terms it has to be Simona Halep.

Petra Uberalova, for purely base reasons.

Anna Schmiedlova

Your wishes for 2014:
For Serena to weaken. I admire the talent, but she's so good I find most of her matches a bit boring!
For some British teens to emerge at ITF level.
For the young Japanese players to progress at ITF and WTA level.
For Julia Goerges to get her act together.
For at least one slam to go to a player who hasn't won one before.
For Vera Zvonareva to win a title.
DanBrusca is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2013, 06:59 PM   #11
country flag P3traQueen

P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all P3traQueen is a name known to all
Cool Re: 2013 XWTA/ Tennisforum Awards! Come in & vote!

Surprise of the year: Li Na

Disappointment of the year: Queen Bethanie's outfits

Newcomer of the year: Kristina Mladenovic

Comeback player of the year: Flavia Pennetta

Grand slam match of the year: Sabine Lisicki vs. Serena Williams Wimby R16. Not actually a bad match!

Most dramatic match of the year: Agnieszka Radwanska vs. Dominika Cibulkova Sydney F

Best Non-Grand Slam match of the year: Tokyo F. Mwahaha!

Most overrated match of the year: Serena Williams vs. Sloane Stephens AO SF

Tournament of the year: WTA Tour Championships

Performance of the year: Serena Williams

Houdini/comeback of the year: Petra Kvitova, Tokyo F. That bagel

Outcome of a match you would like to change: Li Na, AO F

Most improved player of the year: Sabine Lisicki

Worst choke of the year: Sam Stosur

Player you discovered in 2013: I became a tennis fan this year, so everyone

Retired player you will miss the most: P3tra Kvitova. There, I said it.

Player to look out for in 2014: GOATRA KVITOVA!!!!!!!!

Your wishes for 2014: See above
Hsieh Su-wei & Peng Shaui - 2013 Wimby Champs + YEC champs
Li Na - first Asian player to win two Grand Slam titles
Flavia Pennetta Kristina Mladenovic (dubs only) Slava Shvedova Zhang Shuai Sam Stosur Venus Williams Kaia Kanepi Zheng Jie Kimiko Date-Krumm Magdalena Rybarikova Dominika Cibulkova
P3traQueen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2013, 07:37 PM   #12
country flag Mike.

Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute

Surprise of the year: Katarzyna Piter and Marion winning Wimbledon

Disappointment of the year: Radwanska not winning Wimbledon with such a draw

Newcomer of the year: Katarzyna Piter

Comeback player of the year: Flavia Pennetta

Grand slam match of the year: Radwanska - Lisicka, Wimbly SF

Most dramatic match of the year: Radwanska - Lisicka, Wimbly SF

Best Non-Grand Slam match of the year: Kvitova vs Serena in Doha; Beck vs Piter in Luxembourg

Most overrated match of the year: Azarenka at US Open, all of her matches

Tournament of the year:

Performance of the year: Halep

Houdini/comeback of the year: Domachowska

Outcome of a match you would like to change: Radwanska - Lisicka SF Wimbly

Most improved player of the year: Bouchard

Worst choke of the year: Bouchard vs Stosur in Osaka

Player you discovered in 2013: Katharina Lehnert

Retired player you will miss the most: Chakvetadze

Your wishes for 2014: Radwanska wins Wimbledon, Schiavone still playing, Katharina Lehnert moves to the top 100, Larcher de Britto stops screaming
Mike. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2013, 07:49 PM   #13
country flag Nalby fan

Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold

Player of the year:Serena Williams. 78-4.At age 32. Mindboggling.

Surprise of the year: Simona Halep. One moment she's playing Daniela in the Rome qualifiers,next she's world number 11 with 6 titles in the bag.

Disappointment of the year: Sabine Lisicki freezing in the Wimbledon final.

Newcomer of the year: Eugenie Bouchard.

Comeback player: Jelena Jankovic. Honestly thought she was done. Now she's top 10 again.

Grand Slam match of the year: Lisicki-Radwanska Wimbledon SF. Incredible drama.

Most dramatic match of the year: Azarenka-Li AO F.Really worried for Na after she hit her head.

Best non-Slam match of the year: Kvitova-Venus Tokyo SF. A pleasure to watch these two ladies playing well again.

Most overrated match of the year: Serena-Kuznetsova FO QF. With Sveta barely able to serve,the outcome of the match never seemed in doubt to me.

Tournament of the year: Tokyo. A refreshingly fast court,and the players produced the tennis to match.Plus it was the first time I really got to watch Genie.

Performance of the year: Serena-Errani FO SF. Like watching a lion play with a mouse.

Houdini/comeback performance of the year: Errani/Vinci defeat the Williams sisters at the Australian Open. Watched it live,and still don't have a clue how the Chichis pulled this one off.

Outcome of a match you would like to change: Makarova def Daniela Fed Cup. Katya thoroughly deserved her victory,but it was hard to see Daniela in tears on the bench afterwards. The fact that the Russian players subsequently gave Galina level of fucks about the final just rubbed salt in the wound.

Most Improved player of the year: Simona Halep.

Worst choke of the year:Alexandra Panova against Vinci in the Fed Cup final.

Player you discovered in 2013:Eugenie Bouchard

Retired player you will miss the most: Was never a fan,but Marion and her quirks added something intangible to the tour that will surely be missed.

Player to look out for in 2014: Petra Kvitova. Finally seems to have pulled out of the slump.

Your wishes for 2014: Daniela to win a clay title,Ana just to win any title,and Petra to win a Slam.
Nalby fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2013, 07:59 PM   #14
country flag desiderium

desiderium has much to be proud of desiderium has much to be proud of desiderium has much to be proud of desiderium has much to be proud of desiderium has much to be proud of desiderium has much to be proud of desiderium has much to be proud of desiderium has much to be proud of desiderium has much to be proud of desiderium has much to be proud of desiderium has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by hBence View Post

Player of the year: Serena Jameka Williams

Surprise of the year: Serena failing to win Wimbledon or Bartoli winning Wimbledon

Disappointment of the year: Serena's Wimbledon performance

Comeback player of the year: Alisa Kleybanova (She didn't have a good year, she only have a few victories, but she has defeated Hodgkin's lymphoma so she deserves this award)

Grand slam match of the year: Serena vs Sveta at FO

Most dramatic match of the year: AO F Li-Vika

Best Non-Grand Slam match of the year: Serena-Kvitova Doha QF

Most overrated match of the year: Stephens-Serena AO QF (Serena was injured - ankle & back - Sloane's victory should have been threatened in the light of this)

Tournament of the year: Roland Garros

Performance of the year: Serena's RG performance - especially against Errani

Houdini/comeback of the year: Serena-Kuznetova RG QF - Serena was down against Sveta in the 3rd set of QF where she usually lost in the past

Outcome of a match you would like to change:Serena-Stephens AO QF

Most improved player of the year: Halep

Worst choke of the year: can't remember

Your wishes for 2014: Serena stays injury free and wins the CYGS

SWEET 18

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
desiderium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2013, 08:14 PM   #15
country flag BoomBoomLisicki

BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all BoomBoomLisicki is a name known to all

Surprise of the year: Bartoli winning Wimbledon

Disappointment of the year: Laura Robson/Julia Goerges

Newcomer of the year: Genie Bouchard

Comeback player of the year: Jelena Jankovic/Flavia Pennetta

Grand slam match of the year: Sabine vs Serena,Wimbledon

Most dramatic match of the year: Sabine vs Serena,Wimbledon

Best Non-Grand Slam match of the year: Piter vs Beck Luxembourg

Most overrated match of the year: Serena vs Azarenka USO

Tournament of the year: Wimbledon

Performance of the year: Sabine at Wimbledon

Houdini/comeback of the year: Sabine vs Serena at Wimbledon

Outcome of a match you would like to change: Wimbledon Final

Worst choke of the year: Genie in Osaka

Player you discovered in 2013: Vicky Duval

Retired player you will miss the most: Anna Chakvetadze

Player to look out for in 2014: Simona Halep

Your wishes for 2014: Sabine wins Wimbledon,Genie cracks the top 20,Sabine makes YEC,someone really takes it to Serena consistently and we get a good rivalry.

Wimbledon Ladies Finalist 2013

EugenieBouchard.AnaIvanovic.LauraRobson.KristinaMladenovic.BelindaBencic

NeverStopSmiling
BoomBoomLisicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote