WWW Peak Venus vs Peak Kim - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: WWW Peak Venus or Peak Kim

Venus 59 68.60%
Kim 12 13.95%
Depends on surface 13 15.12%
About equal 2 2.33%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 14th, 2012, 08:59 PM   #16
country flag LightWarrior

LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WWW Peak Venus vs Peak Kim

May I remind people that Kim leads Venus 7/6 in their h2h ?
Sure Venus is the better player but is a good matchup for Kim.
Advertisement

Old Nov 14th, 2012, 09:06 PM   #17
country flag Wilson_07

Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererIRL View Post
That pic of Kimmy made me horny (srs). Another thing that puts her above Venus is stretching:

Imagine how well it translates in bed
Learn the facts:

Wilson_07 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 10:20 PM   #18
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

No one was able to touch Venus at her peak in 2000-2001, it was just impossible to play her, with all the power and defense and her constant coming to the net to deliver the swing volley.

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Robson - Stosur - Cibulkova - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 10:35 PM   #19
country flag TPlaya8

TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightWarrior View Post
Yea you are right about the H2H in fact Kim won 5 straight but I don't think it was a comfortable match up still because Venus had her chances in all 5 of those matches except Stanford '05 and Miami '10.

even though I am not trying to make excuses but physically Venus was not in good conditions in any of those matches.

2005 stanford Venus was exhausted and rightfully so after that epic wimbledon win and even the 3 set match she had to come back against Patty the day before.

2005 US Open Venus had been out with the flu after the Stanford match and you could clearly see she was in no shape in that 3rd set *Those first 2 sets were two of the most physical sets of tennis I had ever seen in the women's game* But stilll I credit that loss to mental she should have closed it out after being up a set and 4-2.

2009 US Open Venus had been wrapped up since Miami and that was one of her worst summer campaigns ever in her career but still i think this match also was a mental lost!

2010 Miami I really believe that was a Sjogrens day just like the match against Jankovic in Rome. they were just total off days. but she also was wrapped up like a zombie here too.

2010 US Open even though physically she was not in the best of shape *I think this was the beginning of Venus' biggest size on a tennis court in terms of weight. Venus was really thick for her usually body size from 2010 US Open all the way through 2011.* This loss also was more mental lapse when she was in position to win then being unable to hang physically!

Thats why in terms of peak I say Venus because mentally 2000-2003 Venus would not have these lapses while trying to win, and if she did physically she would have been able to keep up. We all now a physically fit Venus can run for days just like Kim *2005 Wimbledon and heck look at her movement in her 2010 loss to Li Na!
TPlaya8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 10:42 PM   #20
country flag dybbuk

dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightWarrior View Post
Anemic Penus is a good matchup for almost anyone. Peak 2000/2001 Penus would slay Peak Kim from any year Clijster's fans want to try with. I can't stand Penus, but this is the truth. The WS and Henin at their bests are far better than anyone else from their generation or later, and anyone who says otherwise is deluding themselves.
dybbuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 01:11 AM   #21
country flag atominside

atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPlaya8 View Post
Yea you are right about the H2H in fact Kim won 5 straight but I don't think it was a comfortable match up still because Venus had her chances in all 5 of those matches except Stanford '05 and Miami '10.

even though I am not trying to make excuses but physically Venus was not in good conditions in any of those matches.

2005 stanford Venus was exhausted and rightfully so after that epic wimbledon win and even the 3 set match she had to come back against Patty the day before.

2005 US Open Venus had been out with the flu after the Stanford match and you could clearly see she was in no shape in that 3rd set *Those first 2 sets were two of the most physical sets of tennis I had ever seen in the women's game* But stilll I credit that loss to mental she should have closed it out after being up a set and 4-2.

2009 US Open Venus had been wrapped up since Miami and that was one of her worst summer campaigns ever in her career but still i think this match also was a mental lost!

2010 Miami I really believe that was a Sjogrens day just like the match against Jankovic in Rome. they were just total off days. but she also was wrapped up like a zombie here too.

2010 US Open even though physically she was not in the best of shape *I think this was the beginning of Venus' biggest size on a tennis court in terms of weight. Venus was really thick for her usually body size from 2010 US Open all the way through 2011.* This loss also was more mental lapse when she was in position to win then being unable to hang physically!

Thats why in terms of peak I say Venus because mentally 2000-2003 Venus would not have these lapses while trying to win, and if she did physically she would have been able to keep up. We all now a physically fit Venus can run for days just like Kim *2005 Wimbledon and heck look at her movement in her 2010 loss to Li Na!
atominside is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 03:47 AM   #22
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Venus

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 12:54 PM   #23
country flag Geisha

Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPlaya8 View Post

LOL. I understand having an excuse for one or two matches, but you've compiled a grand list that spans five years. Venus had ample time to be prepared or fit for at least a couple of these meetings. The only one I wouldn't take all that seriously would be 2005 Stanford.
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 12:56 PM   #24
Harry.

Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute

Peak Clijsters is so overrated She'd probably win on clay and Venus would definitely win on grass. On a hard court, it'd be close I'd think, but I'd give the edge to Peak Venus.
Harry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 01:02 PM   #25
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Peak Kim in my opinion. These two were close to their peak in their USO 2005 encounter and Kim won so I think an encounter between these two would end up with a victory for Kim except on grass.
Mr.Sharapova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 01:15 PM   #26
country flag FleetSeb

FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of

I actually think peak Kim is nigh unbeatable. But she's pretty much never sustained peak form for more than a set.
Angelique Kerber - Sloane Stephens - Julia Goerges - Kimiko Date Krumm - Lucie Safarova - Nadia Petrova
FleetSeb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 02:15 PM   #27
country flag TPlaya8

TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geisha View Post
LOL. I understand having an excuse for one or two matches, but you've compiled a grand list that spans five years. Venus had ample time to be prepared or fit for at least a couple of these meetings. The only one I wouldn't take all that seriously would be 2005 Stanford.
LoL I know but in all honesty I do feel like they played at the most inopportune times for Venus.And great times for Kim. Like i said '05 and the '10 US Open matches were Venus' fault mentally because she should have closed them out. Kim was always stronger in those 3rd sets. '09 Kim was really probably the best from her I had seen, she was fearless in her comeback and to beat Venus and Serena I have nothing but props for her in that win even though it made me mad!
TPlaya8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 02:37 PM   #28
country flag Pie800

Pie800 has a brilliant future Pie800 has a brilliant future Pie800 has a brilliant future Pie800 has a brilliant future Pie800 has a brilliant future Pie800 has a brilliant future Pie800 has a brilliant future Pie800 has a brilliant future Pie800 has a brilliant future Pie800 has a brilliant future Pie800 has a brilliant future

I think it's largely dependent on surface. Peak Clijsters on clay and hard would top Venus I reckon (considerably on clay, closer on hard courts). Grass is a no brainer. Very surprised at how one-sided this poll is.

Lindsay DAVENPORT Elena DEMENTIEVA
Pie800 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 02:41 PM   #29
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Tough match-up for sure...the best two defenders in recent era. I think peak Vee has just that little bit more power and better serve to eek it out most often than not. On grass it's no-contest. On clay, Kim probably wins.

On HC?! Now THAT's a match-up.
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 02:43 PM   #30
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute

Venus will hit Clijsters off the court.

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote