WWW Peak Venus vs Peak Kim - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: WWW Peak Venus or Peak Kim

Venus 59 68.60%
Kim 12 13.95%
Depends on surface 13 15.12%
About equal 2 2.33%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 14th, 2012, 02:33 AM   #1
country flag TPlaya8

TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of
WWW Peak Venus vs Peak Kim

Who Will Win?

H2H

6-7

Grand Slams

7-4

Other Titles

37 *tied*

Weeks at #1

11-20

YEC

1-3

Tier 1/Premier mandatory

6-7

Olympic Gold Medals

1-0

They had a pretty interesting rivalary. Not heated like the other Williams vs Belgium but still a good amount of tension. They played 13 times. 6 matches went 3 sets Kim won 4 of those. 7 of the matches were straight sets. Venus won 4 of those and one of Kim's win was a retirement from Venus in the YEC 2002 SF. They played each other 5 times in grand slams. Kims holds the edge 3-2. They also played 5 times in final Kim holds the edge there 3-2 as well. Kim won the last 5 matches from 2005 onwards. All of the matches except 4 were on hardcourt were Kim holds a 5-4 edge. Venus won the one 3 set match on grass and the 2 straight set matches on Carpet. Kim won the one 3 set match on clay. Venus beat Kim enroute to the 2001 US open, Kim beat Venus enroute to all 3 of her US open titles '05, '09, '10.

Venus has losing H2H to Davenport, Hingis, Serena, and Maria *all except Serena by 1*

Kim has Losing H2H to Serena and Seles and *tied with Capriati and only played Seles once*

Last edited by TPlaya8 : Nov 14th, 2012 at 02:46 AM.
TPlaya8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 14th, 2012, 02:35 AM   #2
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold
Re: WWW Peak Venus vs Peak Kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererIRL View Post
Kim IMO. Much better curves
+1. And a better face.
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 02:41 AM   #3
country flag VultureHater

VultureHater is just really nice VultureHater is just really nice VultureHater is just really nice VultureHater is just really nice VultureHater is just really nice VultureHater is just really nice VultureHater is just really nice VultureHater is just really nice VultureHater is just really nice VultureHater is just really nice VultureHater is just really nice

Both of them could produce in the big events and not mickey mouse arenas. That makes it tough to predict but for me Kim has more variety and would win except on grass.
VultureHater is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 02:43 AM   #4
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererIRL View Post
That pic of Kimmy made me horny (srs). Another thing that puts her above Venus is stretching:

Imagine how well it translates in bed
Venustards will still claim otherwise
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 02:43 AM   #5
country flag TPlaya8

TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of

If I go by Peak vs Peak I feel like my Heart says Venus! I think a physically fit Venus at her peak vs a physically fit Kim at her Peak will still beat Kim. In all of their matches after 2005 I don't think Venus was ever physically fit enough to hang with Kim in 3 sets like before, and since mentally she was not able to compete with her she lost those matches in the 3rd set. 2010 Miami F was an anamoaly I think that was one of Venus off/Sjogrens days. i think physically Venus could not keep up in that 2005 US QF. In the 2009 4th round I think it was physical and mental she folded and Kim was stronger. 2010 SF I think Venus folded mentally in the 2nd Set then Kim just outlasted her physically in the 3rd.

2005 and after was a mentally stronger Kim while Venus was mentally weaker then lets say 2003 when she was down a set and injured in the Wimbledon SF but still came back and won 6-1 in the 3rd!

But at Peak I say Venus!
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 02:15 PM   #6
country flag TPlaya8

Quote:
Originally Posted by VultureHater View Post
Both of them could produce in the big events and not mickey mouse arenas. That makes it tough to predict but for me Kim has more variety and would win except on grass.
You don't think the Venus of 00-02 could beat Kim on Hardcourts.
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 02:44 PM   #7
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Peak Venus is the better player, but Peak Kim would probably win this match-up on everything bar grass because Venus even at her best simply doesn't have reliable enough groundstrokes to hold up against a player like Kim brings everything back.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 03:22 PM   #8
country flag Inger67

Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
+1. And a better face.
Venus Williams • Urszula Radwanska • Lyudmyla Kichenok • Garbiñe Muguruza • Simona Halep • Agnieszka Radwanska • Kristina Mladenovic • Taylor Townsend • Ajla Tomljanovic • Eugenie Bouchard • Carla Suárez Navarro
TT Singles Current Ranking: #41 (CH Ranking: #11)
Titles: Quebec City 2012, Cincinnati 2011
TT Doubles Current Ranking: #10 (CH Ranking: #8)
Titles: Tokyo 2012 (w/New_balls_please), Stanford 2012, Carlsbad 2011, Osaka 2011 (w/rvugt)
French Open 2013 Finalist (w/New_balls_please)
Inger67 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #9
country flag ExXotikal

ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute ExXotikal has a reputation beyond repute

Peak Napnus on every surface.
ExXotikal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 05:32 PM   #10
country flag @danieln1

@danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute @danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute @danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute @danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute @danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute @danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute @danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute @danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute @danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute @danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute @danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

WTF????

Venus much more talented, better player, better athlete

6-2 7-5

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Robson - Stosur - Cibulkova - Stephens
@danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 06:58 PM   #11
country flag L'Enfant Sauvage

L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute

In terms of peak, Venus on probably every surface. Kim did well to capitalize during the Sjogrenus era, but then again so would basically any other WTA golden age(99-03) player playing even decent tennis(+ Pironkova.)

(Anyone playing Sharapova)
L'Enfant Sauvage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #12
country flag i.will2

i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice

Venus wins this even on clay. She wouldn't steamroll Kim but she'd win and pretty consistently. Peak Venus is tough to beat any surface and everyone knows it. She will probably be the one of the HOF inductees who people may feel underachieved by the time she is up for induction. I say this because of her 4 straight slam losses to her sister, the missed opportunities at Roland Garros and Australia will likely haunt her fans when she hangs it up because she has/had the game to win the career slam not sure how open that door is anymore though. Clijsters beat Venus when the auto-immune disease had taken noticeable toll on her fitness. The USO 2005 and 2010 matches stick out the most, Venus from 00-03 wins those contests likely in straight sets but she didn't have enough in the tank to put Kim away. Love Clijsters but Venus to me is a level ahead of Kim at her peak.
i.will2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #13
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Venus. She'd destroy Kim's serve, smother her by coming forward, and get all of Kim's less powerful shots back. It'd be closer on hardcourt or on clay, but Venus would slay on grass.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 07:57 PM   #14
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Venus in 2 very easy sets on grass, in 2 more or less difficult sets on hardcourt, and Kim in 3 on clay

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #15
country flag Queen_Vee_92

Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of

Venus in 2 comfortable sets on grass.
Venus in 2 difficult sets on hard or a comfortable 3rd set.
Kim in 3 on clay.

Venus at her best is better at everything than Kim bar retrieving imo. Venus' mental peak is also often overlooked and is better than Kim's who was mentally strong only in a much weaker era. Their matches would always be entertaining because they're both such good players,with such athletically impressive games when on.

But without wanting to disrespect Kim who deserved all her success, i believe the reversal of her h2h with Venus was a lot more to do with a decline in Venus' health and consistency rather than Kim becoming the better overall player.

Quote:
Each tournament is important for me, ... Each tournament would do something to my ranking and such kind of thing, step forward for the future. Also I think it's the opportunity, the opportunity to do what I love, to play my best, to play for the people who appreciate what I do.
(Venus Williams)
Queen_Vee_92 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote