Peak Ivanovic vs. Peak Sharapova - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: WWW?

Peak Ivanovic 37 34.91%
Peak Sharapova 69 65.09%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 13th, 2012, 09:48 PM   #31
country flag RenaSlam.

RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Peak Ivanovic vs. Peak Sharapova

Peak Maria would SLAY.
__W00.01.05.07.08__USO00.01__

Step.
RenaSlam. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 13th, 2012, 09:50 PM   #32
country flag Sharapowerr

Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold Sharapowerr is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by @danieln1 View Post
Wimbledon 09 2nd Round?
That's why i posted it, because Maria lost one time! Maria played like crap that match! Do you really think Dulko is a better player? Probably.. You're such a hater.. In all the threads about Maria you have something negative to say and about Davenport vs Maria it's 5-1 H2H (your avatar) Keep celebrating that 6-0 6-0 win.
Sharapowerr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 10:27 PM   #33
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharapowerr View Post
That's why i posted it, because Maria lost one time! Maria played like crap that match! Do you really think Dulko is a better player? Probably.. You're such a hater.. In all the threads about Maria you have something negative to say and about Davenport vs Maria it's 5-1 H2H (your avatar) Keep celebrating that 6-0 6-0 win.
Obviously Sharapova is a better player than Dulko, but peak Ivanovic vs peak Sharapova it would not be a blowout as some people are saying, it would be competitive... but people here tend to diminish Ivanovic talent as a tennis player or missed her playing during her peak year

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Robson - Stosur - Cibulkova - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 10:28 PM   #34
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowking View Post
^She will always have haters. People on this board love to hate her

Oh yes, have to be realistic here. Probably Sharapova on everything but clay. But I don't know, at their respective peaks the biggest weapon on court would be Ana's forehand. Sure it's inconsistent at times and can crumble under pressure, but at Ana's peak it's relentless, and she could use it to boss around almost anyone. Their serves would both be very good, hard to call. And therefore both players' return games would be neutralized. Peak Pova would have the edge on backhand and mentality (pretty significant), Ana would have the edge on forehand, movement, finesse. I think overall they'd have some close, competitive matches. Some might say that Pova would blow Ana away but I don't think it would be the case. People forget that rising Ana (pre-breakthrough and pre-brainfart) pushed Sharapova very hard at the end of 2006, a time that many would say Sharapova was at her peak. It was a brutal hard-hitting match in Linz and both of them refused to buckle or get pushed around. Either way I think at their peaks they would both serve really well so it would be close more often than not Definite edge to Sharapova though anywhere but clay.
Debateable. Peak Ana's forehand had more raw pace than any of Maria's shots, but Peak Maria's backhand is still more deadly AND more reliable than Peak Ana's FH imo.

Anywho, probably Peak Maria on all surfaces.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 10:36 PM   #35
country flag Noten
-

Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of

Sharapova def. Ivanovic 6-0, 4-0 ret. (due to allergies).
Noten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 10:38 PM   #36
country flag Dominic

Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Debateable. Peak Ana's forehand had more raw pace than any of Maria's shots
Not sure I agree with that, peak Maria's forehand has nothing to envy from anyone's, including power. She can hit it in the high 80's, low 90's (mph)
Dominic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 10:40 PM   #37
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, Ana's fh...

Even today it's the most consistent shot in her game and it used to be more consistent. Of course, her latest matches against Safarova, Vinci, Oprandi suggest otherwise, but in general, her game falls apart when her serve is off (bh too, obviously, but it basically doesn't exist anymore), fh is rarely the main suspect.

During her prime, her fh was huge and heavy, but she was never painting the lines with it, it wasn't a hit or miss shot. That's why she hardly ever struggled against counterpunchers, she didn't go for too much. Now she has a problem because her fh is weaker and she can't finish the point easily like she used to, it's much easier to redirect the ball to her bh than in the past.
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 11:56 PM   #38
country flag allhingis

allhingis is a glorious beacon of light allhingis is a glorious beacon of light allhingis is a glorious beacon of light allhingis is a glorious beacon of light allhingis is a glorious beacon of light allhingis is a glorious beacon of light allhingis is a glorious beacon of light allhingis is a glorious beacon of light allhingis is a glorious beacon of light allhingis is a glorious beacon of light allhingis is a glorious beacon of light

Ivanovic forehand would destroy slowpoke sharapova, Ivanovic in 2 6-1 6-3
allhingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 12:05 AM   #39
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by allhingis View Post
Ivanovic forehand would destroy slowpoke sharapova, Ivanovic in 2 6-1 6-3
more like Sharapova's backhand will finish that match in straights 7-5 6-2 or something like that ....
Ivanovic's forehand will just let her stay on par till 5-5 in first set and then choke time begins

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 12:14 AM   #40
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Ivanovic
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 12:14 AM   #41
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

So much wrong with the original post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @danieln1 View Post
Ivanovic will lose because of her haters and Maria fan base is waaaaaayy bigger.

Anyway, peak Ivanovic destroyed peak Sharapova in RG 2007, I'll leave to that

This off-season is so funny
You're not real.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 12:20 AM   #42
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Ivanovic
Matt, you're predictable

Next time you'll appear in Peak Wozniacki vs Peak Sharapova thread with approximately the same post

WTA Championships 2004

21 weeks #1 player
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 12:21 AM   #43
Harry.

Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute

I can't with this thread. Hasn't this already been done before? Ugh.
Harry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 12:24 AM   #44
country flag NashaMasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry30 View Post
I can't with this thread. Hasn't this already been done before? Ugh.
haven't you seen Groundhog Day?

All these threads are opened by Ivanovic , the only one who still considers herself taller () and better than Sharapova

WTA Championships 2004

21 weeks #1 player
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 12:36 AM   #45
country flag AcesHigh

AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute

On clay Ana would drub Sharapova. Grass, Sharapova would destroy Ana. On other surfaces, I think it could be somewhat competitive but Sharapova is just the better player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinbaker00 View Post
When will you learn that "pushers" never make it past the club level, let alone #1 on the WTA computer? Will it be too late?
AcesHigh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote