Peak Ivanovic vs. Peak Sharapova - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: WWW?

Peak Ivanovic 37 34.58%
Peak Sharapova 70 65.42%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 13th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #1
country flag VeeJJ
Flawless

VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute
Question Peak Ivanovic vs. Peak Sharapova

So These two met when Sharapova was playing lights out tennis at AO 2008. The best tennis she had played since fall 2006. It was her Peak. Ivanoic playing grea tennis herself that Austrailian season was the only player to make a competitive match against Sharapova losing 5-7, 3-6 in the final before she went on to play even better tennis that half of the year.

Who wins this Peak vs. Peak match:
Ivanoic at her Peak had a serve to match Sharapova's and a much much better forehand. Sharapova has the superior backhand by far but Ivanovic has much better movement. I think Ivanovic' frst strike tennis when her forehand was on was deadlier, she waits maybe 2 shots before going for a winner and runs around her backhand superbly. Sharapova can hit through the court better on both sides though.
Discuss.

VERSUS

WHO. WILL. WIN.

Victoria Azarenka ~ Venus Williams
Maria Kirilenko ~ Petra Kvitova
VeeJJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 13th, 2012, 07:02 PM   #2
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Peak Ivanovic vs. Peak Sharapova

Just lol.

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 07:07 PM   #3
country flag Dominic

Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute

Sharapova pretty easily, and no Ivanovic does not have a much better forehand than Maria when both are at their peak. Pretty comparable actually. Her movement can hardly be called much better also..
Dominic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 07:07 PM   #4
country flag Balltossovic
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, God

We'll Always Have 08

Ana~*~Vika~*~Serena~*~Aga~*~Sveta~*~Andrea~*~Petra
Balltossovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 07:08 PM   #5
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

And LMAO at Ivanovic having "much better movement."

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 07:12 PM   #6
country flag Balltossovic
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute

Ana does nothing better than Maria. Peak Maria will slay PeakAna every single time.

/thread.

We'll Always Have 08

Ana~*~Vika~*~Serena~*~Aga~*~Sveta~*~Andrea~*~Petra
Balltossovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 07:27 PM   #7
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

Let me be the first to say that I voted with my head and some other things but I will have to say Ivanovic. Sharapova has the better career (obviously) and is clearly competing at the top of women's tennis consistently but I have to say that if Ivanovic could pull it together she could really spoil things among the top 5.

She reminds me of Capriati because her forehand is lethal when she is "on" and the reason I give her the edge over Sharapova is because Ivanovic has much better movement. I know Maria has gotten the best of Ana more times but I still think that the best Ivanovic can deliver would be better than Sharapova. So for the sake of the argument....and because its the off-season I say Ivanovic wins 6-4 1-6 7-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 07:29 PM   #8
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanw2008 View Post
Let me be the first to say that I voted with my head and some other things but I will have to say Ivanovic. Sharapova has the better career (obviously) and is clearly competing at the top of women's tennis consistently but I have to say that if Ivanovic could pull it together she could really spoil things among the top 5.

She reminds me of Capriati because her forehand is lethal when she is "on" and the reason I give her the edge over Sharapova is because Ivanovic has much better movement. I know Maria has gotten the best of Ana more times but I still think that the best Ivanovic can deliver would be better than Sharapova. So for the sake of the argument....and because its the off-season I say Ivanovic wins 6-4 1-6 7-5
She wouldn't even if she was playing PeakShoulderPova.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 07:33 PM   #9
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

troll thread. peak wtf.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 07:38 PM   #10
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
She wouldn't even if she was playing PeakShoulderPova.
I don't think that is true Ivanovic really took it to Maria in the SF of Roland Garros in 2007 and had she not met Justine in the final she may not only have 1 Grand Slam title. That being said I don't deny Sharapova has proven her self thus far to be superior I just think Ivanovic hasn't fully reached her peak. Remember I said for the sake of the argument lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 07:38 PM   #11
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Ivanovic may have chances only on clay, but against improved ClayPova not that much chances

Quote:
I don't think that is true Ivanovic really took it to Maria in the SF of Roland Garros in 2007 and had she not met Justine in the final she may not only have 1 Grand Slam title. That being said I don't deny Sharapova has proven her self thus far to be superior I just think Ivanovic hasn't fully reached her peak. Remember I said for the sake of the argument lol
there are a number of tennis players who " had she not met Justine in the final she may " win more RG titles

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

33 WTA titles , including 13 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #12
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

threads with peak slam winners are boring, there should be threads with peak nonslam winners like peak Jankovic, Kerber, Hantuchova, Petrova, Dokic, ...

Kvitova Ivanovic Cepelova Hantuchova Jankovic
Joelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 08:40 PM   #13
country flag NashaP

NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold

NashaP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 08:41 PM   #14
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

Ivanovic will lose because of her haters and Maria fan base is waaaaaayy bigger.

Anyway, peak Ivanovic destroyed peak Sharapova in RG 2007, I'll leave to that

This off-season is so funny

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Golden Flowers - Stosur - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 08:46 PM   #15
country flag NashaP

NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by @danieln1 View Post
Ivanovic will lose because of her haters and Maria fan base is waaaaaayy bigger.

Anyway, peak Ivanovic destroyed peak Sharapova in RG 2007, I'll leave to that

This off-season is so funny
ohRealllllliii???

This is brand new information! I didnt know she peaked in 2007! ZOMGGG
NashaP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote