Strengths and weaknesses of Top 10 - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 19th, 2012, 09:13 PM   #106
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Strengths and weaknesses of Top 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilishAttitude View Post
Stosur US Open 2011.
If you're gonna list this one, you might just well add '04 Wimby too, no?!
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 19th, 2012, 09:18 PM   #107
country flag Siyasema

Siyasema has a reputation beyond repute Siyasema has a reputation beyond repute Siyasema has a reputation beyond repute Siyasema has a reputation beyond repute Siyasema has a reputation beyond repute Siyasema has a reputation beyond repute Siyasema has a reputation beyond repute Siyasema has a reputation beyond repute Siyasema has a reputation beyond repute Siyasema has a reputation beyond repute Siyasema has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Strengths and Weaknesses of Top 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
Do you also like Ferrer?

I do. I branched out more in the ATP and I noticed David more this year than any other. I appreciate his fight and what he brings in each and every match. He uses all that he has to the fullest of his abilities.

Siyasema is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 09:21 PM   #108
country flag NashaP

NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
If you're gonna list this one, you might just well add '04 Wimby too, no?!
Serena lost because she was out-played boo boo, Maria was doing everything better that day.

Maria lost the australian open final because azarenka was at her peak while Maria was at 10 percent, missing every shot. Maria rarely loses matches based on a letdown of her mental fortitude
NashaP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 09:22 PM   #109
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
But was that a mental breakdown? I think that Azarenka was just the better player that day. Better serve, better return, better groundstrokes, better movement..... Not every bad day at the office is necessarily the result of a mental breakdown.

But ok, there have no doubt been occasions when she (OR Serena for that matter) has lost the plot, the're human after all and not machines, but any sensible person will admit that they are two of the toughest cookies in the game, although perhaps in slightly different ways. Serena will for example rarely choke when serving for a match whereas Maria might DF. Maria's mental strenght consists to a large degree of the fact that she doesn't dwell on her mistakes. She may fuck up in a certain point or even a game, but she closes that chapter in her mind and is twice as competitive in the next game whereas many others can't put it out of their minds and continue to struggle.
So Masha's mental strength is like Vika's game...consistent but can't match the real toughies when they're at their best?! Hmmm..interesting way of looking at it.
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 09:23 PM   #110
bandabou

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaP View Post
Serena lost because she was out-played boo boo, Maria was doing everything better that day.

Maria lost the australian open final because azarenka was at her peak while Maria was at 10 percent, missing every shot. Maria rarely loses matches based on a letdown of her mental fortitude
If you say so..
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 09:25 PM   #111
country flag NashaP

NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
If you say so..
Aren't you the same poster that said Serena wasn't the favorite for 2012 French open but "one of the many favorites"?
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 09:40 PM   #112
Evan James

Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute

#1 V Azarenka
strengths: mentally strong, powerfull game, persistent
weaknesses: this year was probably the best from her, I don't think she will keep that level in the future because she already seems to satisfied with her game

#2 M Sharapova
strengths: strong shots, height, mentally unbeatable when the serve is well
weaknesses: mentally weak when the serve is bad

#3 S Williams

strengths: Herself, the most complete player of all times
weaknesses: Clay only

#4 A Radwanska

strengths: Mentally strong, excellent fitness, runner
weaknesses: Will not be able to beat powerfull players in a GS semifinals or finals due to her defensive game

#5 A Kerber

strengths: newcomer in the top, still very motivated and has great shots
weaknesses: doesn't seem like a player who is able to keep top form for a long time, or she will do some great job in 2013 and win Premiers or even GS, or she will be out of top 10 by the end of the season

#6 S Errani

strengths: great fitness, has catch a momentum in her favour after RG 2012 final
weaknesses: seems like her game will be fine as long as she remembers that great 2 weeks in Paris, and after that...I don't know, something is missing in her game and I don't know what. My opinion is that she will not be in top 10 anymore after RG 2013.

#7 N Li

strengths: persistent player, seemed like one of the top contenders all the time in 2012
weaknesses: mentally never was on a level that matches her ranking on WTA list

#8 P Kvitova

strengths: great tennis, very talented, powerfull game
weaknesses: I am wondering if she is aware of how great she can be, does she believe in that enough?

#9 S Stosur

strengths: her tennis is always in a level that is enough to be in top 10 and reach quarterfinals at big events
weaknesses: after winning US open 2011, seems like she is not that persistent player anymore, like she has lost the aura of the champion

#10 C Wozniacki

strengths: runner, persistent, looks like someone who works hard everyday. She is motivated to make those who don't believe she will win GS shut up, and I think she has more chances to do that than Radwanska, simply because she works very hard, and people made her angry...
weaknesses: she has to become much more offensive player
Evan James is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #113
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Serena is better than Maria off clay this can't be contested.
But on clay, Maria is miles ahead of her as well.
So you're saying that if Maria were to play Serena on clay, Maria is the guaranteed winner?

I wonder how many other tennis fans believe this?

And btw, when did Maria defeat Serena on clay?
My memory is foggy on this.
The greatest scholars are not usually the wisest people. - Geoffrey Chaucer
RVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #114
country flag MrProdigy555
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaP View Post
Aren't you the same poster that said Serena wasn't the favorite for 2012 French open but "one of the many favorites"?
What is funny about that? It was true.

Quote:
Don't make me come to T&T to huff and puff and blow your hut down, girl.
Fuck y'all
MrProdigy555 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 09:44 PM   #115
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So Masha's mental strength is like Vika's game...consistent but can't match the real toughies when they're at their best?! Hmmm..interesting way of looking at it.
That's not what I said, but I guess there's no point in me discussing the matter any further since no matter how much I praise Serena and admit that she's the better player it's never enough and you can't resist putting down Sharapova in return. Makes no difference to me, I know how it goes, but makes no sense for me to reply on that basis either.

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #116
country flag NashaP

Quote:
What is funny about that? It was true.
I can't.......

you and the rest of your posse are truly delusional
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 09:51 PM   #117
country flag MrProdigy555
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilishAttitude View Post
Stosur US Open 2011.
Serena can't win them all. That wasn't about her mentally going away.

Quote:
Don't make me come to T&T to huff and puff and blow your hut down, girl.
Fuck y'all
MrProdigy555 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 09:53 PM   #118
country flag Miss Atomic Bomb

Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute
Some Maria fans are still arguing about her being mentally stronger than Serena? Talk about watching too much Mary Carillon.. Fucking delusional

You are bringing matches Serena has lost within one year of her comeback? Shall we bring up all the matches that Maria has lost I am the two years after her comeback?

Next they will be saying she has more intensity than peak Seles, better forehand than peak graf, better backhand than peak Venus and is a better volleyed than Navratilova

As my sis Frenchie would've said - a creampie mess

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using VerticalSports.Com App

Miss Atomic Bomb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 10:40 PM   #119
liuxuan

liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future liuxuan has a brilliant future

Serena

strengths: 1st serve, 2nd serve, forehand, backhand, power of shot, EARLY RACQUET PREPARATION especially on the backhand side, speed of foot (not footwork), mental fortitude, will to win, ability to add spin to reign in errors when a few crop up, willingness to move in off a short ball

Weakness: "lucky shots"

she said it herself
liuxuan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2012, 12:26 AM   #120
country flag rjd1111

rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute rjd1111 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD View Post
So you're saying that if Maria were to play Serena on clay, Maria is the guaranteed winner?

I wonder how many other tennis fans believe this?

And btw, when did Maria defeat Serena on clay?
My memory is foggy on this.

Its foggy in everybodies mind. Cause it never happened

But Serena has beaten Maria on clay
rjd1111 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote