Strengths and weaknesses of Top 10 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 14th, 2012, 06:47 AM   #31
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Strengths and Weaknesses of Top 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejmeglekvár View Post
bring what? You are describing like its just mental and she is never beaten in the actual game. I guess Lord is just incredible lucky scoring 9 wins in row against a choker!
Serena obviously is much much better than Masha...but some of the scorelines and specially those Masha has had against Vika is just plain sad, she went away mentally. Unless of course..you think that Vika's the better player than Masha too?!
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
18 majors:5256

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 14th, 2012, 03:14 PM   #32
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
Serena obviously is much much better than Masha...but some of the scorelines and specially those Masha has had against Vika is just plain sad, she went away mentally. Unless of course..you think that Vika's the better player than Masha too?!
Azarenka had similar losing scorelines even against Maria. And obviously its not an ideal matchup for neither of them, although Azarenka's steadier groundgame simply favours her most of the time.
Their results show small things (technical, physical) can change the whole match.
Game & mental capabilities go hand in hand. Most of the time you cant treat as two completely separated things.
Its BS saying "went away mentally" and then next week you see her winning the match same easy way as she lost previous week.
C. Drone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 07:48 PM   #33
country flag DevilishAttitude

DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD View Post
I find these a great deal more accurate.
Especially Serena's critiques.

I would also add that Serena is more of a 'complete' player/athlete/strategist out on the court than most other WTA players, presently. And that she doesn't get enough credit for her on-court adaptability.
When others are receiving coaching from the stands, Serena is devising her next plan of attack.
You don't agree with me that her serve is the best in tennis and that her defense is as good as her offense, which makes her almost unplayable?

I don't agree with the view that Serena is more 'complete'. Look at the US final, when her game went off she didn't try anything different. She just kept hitting hard and hoping it would go in. It was due to Azarenka getting tight that she scraped through rather than her changing her game and adapting to the situation.

Last edited by DevilishAttitude : Nov 14th, 2012 at 07:55 PM.
DevilishAttitude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 09:14 PM   #34
country flag MrProdigy555
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilishAttitude View Post
You don't agree with me that her serve is the best in tennis and that her defense is as good as her offense, which makes her almost unplayable?

I don't agree with the view that Serena is more 'complete'. Look at the US final, when her game went off she didn't try anything different. She just kept hitting hard and hoping it would go in. It was due to Azarenka getting tight that she scraped through rather than her changing her game and adapting to the situation.
So, Azarenka GAVE Serena the US Open title? You are something else. Serena took that title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
Don't make me come to T&T to huff and puff and blow your hut down, girl.
Fuck y'all
MrProdigy555 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #35
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilishAttitude View Post

Naw, I agree with those. It's just that the list wasn't quite complete/accurate.
For example Serena's return game vs Azarenka's.

Are you saying that Serena has only an 'A' game?

Actually Serena has employed different plans throughout here career. She may get lazy, as all athletes infrequently do, but she definitely has more than a single plan.
Plus, she has several gears at her disposal.

Personally, Serena didn't play that USO final any differently than she would against any other great returner. Kim and Capriati both immediately come to mind. And the waiting game she displayed out there during a good portion of the match is typical of her. Serena often waits for that one opening on which to capitalize. Next thing you know, she broken her opponent and not looking back.

Serena knows when to turn it up or when to try something different. Her fans are often awarded with heart attacks during these periods, but she does come through for the win more often than not. Plus, she was in amazing form entering the USO, and very healthy.
Still, the fact is, she won the USO, and it wasn't Azarenka who gave her the match.
That can't be what you're implying, is it?
The greatest scholars are not usually the wisest people. - Geoffrey Chaucer
RVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 01:51 AM   #36
country flag End da Game

End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light

maria's mental toughness is overrated, its no better than serena's or azerenka's
End da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 02:02 AM   #37
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by End da Game View Post
maria's mental toughness is overrated, its no better than serena's or azerenka's
what matches Maria lost in 2012 because of mental problems, choking?

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 02:03 AM   #38
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Where are the people saying Azarenka is more mentally tough than Maria? Seriously? The girl chucks a tantrum the MOMENT she starts losing in a match. People think she's changed over the years? LOL - no - once a brat, always a brat. There is NO way Azarenka is more mentally tough than Maria - Serena I'll give you.

LOL - nice laugh there.

Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 02:36 AM   #39
country flag Noten
-

Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
Where are the people saying Azarenka is more mentally tough than Maria? Seriously? The girl chucks a tantrum the MOMENT she starts losing in a match. People think she's changed over the years? LOL - no - once a brat, always a brat. There is NO way Azarenka is more mentally tough than Maria - Serena I'll give you.

LOL - nice laugh there.

Some time ago Azarenka's tantrums were a sing that she was going to collapse, but now I think they help her more than they affect her. She has turned them into something positive, which shows that her mentality has improved.

I agree though that she's not mentally stronger than Pova, but somehow she's way fearless, at least at the moment.

Last edited by Noten : Nov 15th, 2012 at 02:46 AM.
Noten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 03:10 AM   #40
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimewave View Post
Some time ago Azarenka's tantrums were a sing that she was going to collapse, but now I think they help her more than they affect her. She has turned them into something positive, which shows that her mentality has improved.

I agree though that she's not mentally stronger than Pova, but somehow she's way fearless, at least at the moment.
When she's winning...it's easy to look like a mental giant when you're winning matches. Look to her matches this year when she's losing - she makes drama, makes it about herself - bar the match against Serena because she wouldn't have gotten away with it.
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 04:01 AM   #41
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't Sharapova cry on court during a drubbing from Serena?
Doesn't speak much for the mentally tough argument.
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 04:20 AM   #42
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Didn't Sharapova cry on court during a drubbing from Serena?
Doesn't speak much for the mentally tough argument.
Serena cried against Razzano at the French Open

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 04:30 AM   #43
country flag RVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
Serena cried against Razzano at the French Open
Did she?
I had a family emergency and didn't watch. Are you sure? Where are the pics and gifs of this?
This is news to me.
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 04:37 AM   #44
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Did she?
I had a family emergency and didn't watch. Are you sure? Where are the pics and gifs of this?
This is news to me.
Video's on this website:

http://www.sportsgrid.com/tennis/ser...s-french-open/

My point is players have off days, emotionally and otherwise.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 04:45 AM   #45
country flag RVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
Video's on this website:

http://www.sportsgrid.com/tennis/ser...s-french-open/

My point is players have off days, emotionally and otherwise.
Ah, thank you.
And agreed.