Opening post thread - for tournament managers only! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 7th, 2011, 01:37 PM   #1
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Opening post thread - for tournament managers only!

If you are running a tipping tournament, simply copy the following text into the first post of your tournament's thread and add some finishing touches like a title, last year's results, pick the colors, fonts etc. Just make sure you erase the point distributions to leave the one of the category of your event (if you're running a Premier event, you leave points for Premier etc.). I will update this post with every rule change that is agreed upon.

- - - - -

HOW TO PLAY

Playing Tipping is very easy. I will post the schedule and then you just tip who you think will win. Just type "in" to play (this will make my life easier but if you forgot to post "in" this is not the end of the world).

e.g If the schedule was...
Ivanovic vs Li
V. Williams vs Pironkova

This is how you would tip...
Ivanovic
Pironkova

It is only main draw singles matches.

If there's 1 point played in a match then the match counts (walkover or a pre-match retirement doesn´t count).

Pick for each match should be posted before the start of that match.

For the final match you will also need to guess how many games will be played. This will work as a tiebreaker.

Do NOT edit your post. If you want to change your picks do it in a new post. Edited posts will make all your picks invalid.

Also DO NOT make changes to your picks by quoting your previous post; this will make all of your changes invalid.

HOW TO SOLVE TIES

1. The player who guessed the winner.
2. The player who is closest in games guessed.
3. The player who posted the fastest post in the final. If no one posted in the final, points from previous rounds are examined going backwards, until a clear advantage of one player is confirmed.

SCORING AND ADDITIONAL POINTS

First Round = 1 point per correct tip.
Every additional round = one point more than for the previous, per correct tip.

Extra points: 1 per correct tip, regardless of round; added to the sum of tournament points before bonus points.

Bonus points:

International
1st: 100
2nd: 75
3rd/4th: 50
5th-8th: 30

Premier
1st: 150
2nd: 100
3rd/4th: 75
5th-8th: 50

Premier 5
1st: 225
2nd: 150
3rd/4th: 100
5th-8th: 75
9th-12th: 35

Premier Mandatory
1st: 250
2nd: 175
3rd/4th: 125
5th-8th: 80
9th-12th: 40

Grand slam
1st: 400
2nd: 275
3rd/4th: 200
5th-8th: 120
9th-12th: 60

Year-End Championships
1st: 325
2nd: 225
3/4: 150
5-8: 100

Tournament of Champions
1st: 120
2nd: 90
3/4: 60
5-8: 40

Olympic games
1st: 150
2nd: 120
3rd: 90
4th: 70
5-8: 50
9-12: 35

THE RANKINGS

Your best 16 results the past 52 weeks will count towards your ranking. There are no mandarory tournaments.

Last edited by ma re : Mar 30th, 2013 at 02:12 PM.
ma re is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 8th, 2012, 01:41 AM   #2
country flag Frederik

Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Opening post thread - for tournament managers only!

please update the thread/post ma re...
Frederik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 06:35 AM   #3
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeisukeHonda View Post
please update the thread/post ma re...
Right...sorry about that
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 01:58 PM   #4
country flag Frederik

Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Right...sorry about that
thanks
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 02:46 PM   #5
country flag Frederik

I think I said that before, but the order of TB rule #3 and #4 makes no sense.

It's impossible that rule #4 ever comes into play.

Option #1: Change rule #3 and #4
Option #2: remove ruloe #4

Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 07:11 AM   #6
country flag ma re

Quote:
I think I said that before, but the order of TB rule #3 and #4 makes no sense.

It's impossible that rule #4 ever comes into play.

Option #1: Change rule #3 and #4
Option #2: remove ruloe #4

This might've happened before you joined the game, but I remember a case where we had two players finishing inside bonus points despite neither of them playing the final day. In such ocassions (as rare as they are) you need rule #4.
Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 10:51 AM   #7
country flag Frederik

But rule # 3 also says: "If no one posted in the final go back to the semi final and so on".
Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 02:04 PM   #8
country flag ma re

Quote:
But rule # 3 also says: "If no one posted in the final go back to the semi final and so on".
True. In a sense #3 should sound something like:
"If no one posted in the final, results from previous rounds are examined going backwards, until a clear advantage of one player is confirmed." - so that it can stand clearly for #3 and #4 without a risk of confusion.

P. S. These rules are quite old and not worded very skillfully hence the need for occasional improvements.
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 07:40 PM   #9
country flag Frederik

that sounds good

I think you should rename the thread and add "+ Rules" (sth. like that) to the thread title.
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 12:51 PM   #10
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

In the How to play and rule thread: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=400436

Quote:
How to solve ties

1. The player who is closest in games guessed.
2. The player who guessed the winner.
3. The player who got the most correct picks in the semi final. If the same, move backwards to quarterfinal and so on.
4. The player who posted the fastest post in the final. If no one posted in the final go backwards to the semis and so on.
So originally #3 and #4 were swapped. But I still don't like the fastest post idea, and I don't really have good ideas to solve it (maybe have it written not 19 games, but 06 60 61 instead).
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 01:21 PM   #11
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
So originally #3 and #4 were swapped. But I still don't like the fastest post idea, and I don't really have good ideas to solve it (maybe have it written not 19 games, but 06 60 61 instead).
Yes, originally they were swapped, just like the first two and I think we made the right choices there.
But the question here is, are you OK with current #3 and #4 being substituted with one (instead of two) simple rule which would state that if no one of the two tied players posted in the final, we just count their points backwards until we reach a round where one of them was more successful. That's all we are discussing here.
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 01:30 PM   #12
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Okay. But as I understand, in the previous edition rule #4 was used when counting the points backwards gave the same result. If 2 players scored identical points in the previous rounds, you had to look who posted first for the final.

By your suggestion there could be a tied 1st place (if you want to only count backwards, not taking into consideration if someone posted sooner).

If there can be tied positions, it's all good
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 04:53 PM   #13
country flag ma re

Quote:
By your suggestion there could be a tied 1st place (if you want to only count backwards, not taking into consideration if someone posted sooner).
Here I'll simplify to the extreme; suggestion is to go from:

3. The player who posted the fastest post in the final. If no one posted in the final go backwards to the semis and so on.
4. The player who got the most correct picks in the semi final. If the same, move backwards to quarterfinal and so on.

...to this:

3. The player who posted the fastest post in the final. If no one posted in the final, points from previous rounds are examined going backwards, until a clear advantage of one player is confirmed.
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 05:19 PM   #14
country flag WhoAmI?

Quote:
"If no one posted in the final, results from previous rounds are examined going backwards, until a clear advantage of one player is confirmed."
Quote:
Look at what you first suggested. One sentence in the beginning makes a difference.
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 05:33 PM   #15
country flag ma re

Quote:
Look at what you first suggested. One sentence in the beginning makes a difference.
I know, I thought that was the word (results) that confused you. Sorry for not being clear enough, but this is what Frederik and I were suggesting and discussing.