Peak Kournikova v. Peak Vaidisova? - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who would win at their peak?

Stepanek's (current) woman 43 53.75%
Iglesias' girl 37 46.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 18th, 2012, 03:40 PM   #46
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Peak Kournikova v. Peak Vaidisova?

Quote:
Originally Posted by forehand27 View Post
Not that I think Nicole is some amazing player but this insane overrating of a clown who couldnt even win a tournament is so funny. What the heck was peak Kournikova, the one who lost to Smashanova in a couple of the tournament finals she made (reminder again Anna = ZERO tournament titles), and made only TWO slam quarterfinals. Obviously alot of men on this forum drooling over Anna's "beauty".

Using the title argument surely Smashnova with her 19 is one of the greatest players to never win a slam

Apart from Smashnova Kournikova lost her finals to Venus and Hingis whereas Nicole beat Granville, Razzano, Peng and Tati (by retirement) plus when Kournikova was losing in Tier I and II she was losing in QF and SF to people like Hingis, Venus, Seles, Graf, Davenport, and Pierce all slam winners.

Maybe this thread should be WWW: Peak Stacey Tan vs Peak Bruna Colosio. No way would Anna lose 6-2, 6-1 to Stacey Tan who never even made Top 500. When you take their most embarrassing losses at least Colosio was a Top 300 player.

I personally like Nicole but to say she is immensely better than Kournikova is ridiculous, had Anna played in the same era she would have had a similar if not better career than Nicole, Anna's years on tour were possibly the toughest, whereas Nicole was peaking 2006-2008 a pretty weak time for the WTA.

Old Nov 18th, 2012, 03:51 PM   #47
country flag forehand27

forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KournikovaFan91 View Post

Using the title argument surely Smashnova with her 19 is one of the greatest players to never win a slam
I wouldnt say that but it seems peak Smashanova > peak Kournikova probably. Anna at her peak (and she is only making tournament finals to play people like Anna S. at her peak considering she isnt good enough to win a tournament ever) cant do what Smashanova managed many times, win tournaments, even sometimes entering some of the same Mickey Mouse draws and events she did and won. Anna leads their H2H 3-2 when both were roughly at their career peak, but Anna S. won their two most important finals, a tournament final, and the semis of Auckland which led to a title for Ana over Panova in the final (which Anna probably also would have won but for the 2nd time was denied the title she so desperately craved by Anna S.).

Quote:
I personally like Nicole but to say she is immensely better than Kournikova is ridiculous, had Anna played in the same era she would have had a similar if not better career than Nicole, Anna's years on tour were possibly the toughest, whereas Nicole was peaking 2006-2008 a pretty weak time for the WTA.
Yes a time ruled by peak Justine Henin, who light years from her prime many years earlier was beating peak Kournikova in straight sets everytime they met (even once as the World #58 while Anna was a top 16 seed), would be easy fodder for the great 0 titles Kournikova. BTW Anna was owned by both Henin and Clijsters in 2000 when they werent even top 30 players, are 2000 versions of Clijsters and Henin (when they were pre of their pre prime periods if you will, lol) better than peak Nicole. Anna lost one of her best ever chances at a tournament title as well in Leipzig 2000 where she was crushed in the semis by a 16 year old 31st ranked Clijsters, who would go on to win the title in 3 sets over Likhovtseva in the final. So lets not pretend Anna didnt have some fairly easy opportunities at tournament titles, but still wasnt good enough to get it done.

You say it is laughable to imply Nicole is immensely better than Anna, yet you of course say NOTHING to the people I was responding to who imply Kournikova was immensely better than Nicole. Apparently in your eyes that is completely fine.

Last edited by forehand27 : Nov 18th, 2012 at 04:03 PM.
forehand27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 04:34 PM   #48
country flag Halepsova

Halepsova has disabled reputation

What a delusional you guys are.
She retired since 2003 with zero title and 1 slam semifinal. Get over it.
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 05:00 PM   #49
country flag markdelaney

markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future

Quote:
Anna's years on tour were possibly the toughest, whereas Nicole was peaking 2006-2008 a pretty weak time for the WTA.
That is far from true. e.g. 1997-2000 with Graf out the game and ending her career, Seles nothing like her former self and the Williams sisters only breaking through and still beatable. Novotna was the world number 2 and Coetzer the world number 4 in 1997 ! That's how tough it was ! Nathalie Tauziat made a Wimbledon final the next year. 2 years later Barbara Schett and Julie Halard-Decugis were top ten players. Not the toughest by a long, long way !
markdelaney is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 05:22 PM   #50
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Apart from Smashnova Kournikova lost her finals to Venus and Hingis whereas Nicole beat Granville, Razzano, Peng and Tati (by retirement) plus when Kournikova was losing in Tier I and II she was losing in QF and SF to people like Hingis, Venus, Seles, Graf, Davenport, and Pierce all slam winners.

Maybe this thread should be WWW: Peak Stacey Tan vs Peak Bruna Colosio. No way would Anna lose 6-2, 6-1 to Stacey Tan who never even made Top 500. When you take their most embarrassing losses at least Colosio was a Top 300 player.

LOL
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 06:38 PM   #51
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute

Kournikova, unless it was a final.
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 08:36 PM   #52
country flag Halepsova

Halepsova has disabled reputation

Quote:

Your opinion is dismissed because of your username. Total bias.
Come back when you are someone else's fan.