Favourite Maria Shade 2012 - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Best Maria shade 2012

Isn't she back in Poland? 24 34.29%
Hockey puck... She forgot, I think, the sport. 0 0%
Extremely Injured 39 55.71%
Fine with me 0 0%
RUN RUN!! 5 7.14%
Others (List them down) 2 2.86%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 9th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #16
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future
Re: Favourite Maria Shade 2012

Extremely injured! That was incredible!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 9th, 2012, 05:59 PM   #17
country flag BadgerM

BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold

Extremely Injured for sure. The timing was perfect especially with Azarenka's ungracious runner-up speech, Maria smirking to her team during said speech and Maria's expression when she said Extremely Injured. She knew exactly what she was saying and what she meant there.

Poland would have been amazing except for the timing, namely the fact that she lost to that opponent after calling her out. Props to Azarenka there: she actually had the best strategy of demolishing Radwanska before coming up with the whole "making women's tennis proud" or something like that after the IW match.

Run Run seemed heat of the moment and not like something she was thinking of saying to diss Radwanska. They seemed OK with each other once the battle ended so I'm thinking it wasn't shade even if Pova was pissed.

Last edited by BadgerM : Nov 9th, 2012 at 06:11 PM.
BadgerM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 06:25 PM   #18
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
I like the exho one on Caro, and also isn't she back in Poland already.

She could have made the extremely injured so much more shady.
That's why I liked it. It wasn't an in your face bitchy comment. She sounded pretty sincere when she said it, and that just makes it even more GOATly

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 06:32 PM   #19
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In second set of Maria Sharapova’s 6-3, 6-3, semifinal victory over Martina Hingis here at Indian Wells, a spectator sitting behind Sharapova yelled out, “Martina, she’s getting tired,” referring to Sharapova. In response, Sharapova said, “I looked back at them and I’m like, tired, my butt. So don’t mess with a truck. You’re going to become a pancake.”

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #20
Noten

Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of

It could be shade, it could simply be her not giving a shit about 'em peasants, or it could be both.
Whatever you may call it, I just like her answers: "Who's ever measured their IQ?" and "Who's in the top 8?"

And I voted "Extremely Injured". That whole trophy ceremony is gold.
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #21
country flag humanabstract

humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold humanabstract is a splendid one to behold

Isn't she back in Poland? is my favourite

and I'll yell and I'll scream at the top of my lungs
and I'll try to show you this is who I've become
humanabstract is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 09:56 PM   #22
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

"Extremely injured."

"Back in Poland", well, in my opinion Aga is a good girl at heart, so that one didn't really do it for me, although the back and forth between them was amusing. "Run! run!" was great though, but she could have shouted that at anyone else in a similar situation. It's a "heat of battle" thing.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 10:18 PM   #23
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Who's ever measured their IQ?

Makes a valid point tbh.

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 02:56 AM   #24
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

Extremely injured definitely. It has been a great year in terms of shades as well slaying all 3 gen suck leaders

But extremely injured was serves right for Ms.Extremely Injured.

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 07:45 AM   #25
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

"Who is in the top eight? " (all top eight are standing actually nearby )

WTA Championships 2004

21 weeks #1 player
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #26
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
The quote that you posted.. Funny but at the same time rude. This was the period of quite cocky/arrogant Maria. And this sort of talk is clearly a bit motivational to herself - to pump herself up and to show others "I can! You won't mess with me!". I am almost sure she still uses it! But doesn't talk aboutit in press anymore. And you can clearly see the Bollettieri/Lansdorp/Joyce's influence in that talk; she and her dad picked up those expressions from them.
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 05:57 PM   #27
country flag NashaMasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM_1257 View Post
The quote that you posted.. Funny but at the same time rude. This was the period of quite cocky/arrogant Maria. And this sort of talk is clearly a bit motivational to herself - to pump herself up and to show others "I can! You won't mess with me!". I am almost sure she still uses it! But doesn't talk aboutit in press anymore. And you can clearly see the Bollettieri/Lansdorp/Joyce's influence in that talk; she and her dad picked up those expressions from them.
she was playing vs Hingis , nothing can be rude after the match with that girl

in GM Renafans are supporting and defending Hingis in the thread Martina vs Masha , despite she is the one who called their faves "with big mouths and benefiting from being black"

WTA Championships 2004

21 weeks #1 player
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 06:16 PM   #28
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

I just expressed my opinion of Maria's words, which weren't even directed to Martina's words but to words of Martina's fans. And I stopped caring about GM long long time ago.
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 11:26 PM   #29
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Extremely Injured was GOAT. But yeah honourable mentions to the IQ and top 8 comments.
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 05:53 PM   #30
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenK View Post
Extremely Injured for sure. The timing was perfect especially with Azarenka's ungracious runner-up speech, Maria smirking to her team during said speech and Maria's expression when she said Extremely Injured. She knew exactly what she was saying and what she meant there.

Poland would have been amazing except for the timing, namely the fact that she lost to that opponent after calling her out. Props to Azarenka there: she actually had the best strategy of demolishing Radwanska before coming up with the whole "making women's tennis proud" or something like that after the IW match.

Run Run seemed heat of the moment and not like something she was thinking of saying to diss Radwanska. They seemed OK with each other once the battle ended so I'm thinking it wasn't shade even if Pova was pissed.
My thoughts exactly. "Extremely injured" was by far the most effective purely because it stopped Vika/her stans EVER trying to use her so-called "injuries" as excuses for her losses to Maria "Isn't she back in Poland" was as you say ruined by her so epically failing to cash in the cheque that her mouth wrote with that epic fail in Miami

Honourable mention to the Woz/Rory shade. I remember that made me LOL hard purely because she was actually trying to be nice but unintentionally ended up throwing in a bitchy comment anyway It was made even better by Woz saying "That wasn't very nice" and Maria responding by patronisingly patting her on the shoulder and going "Awwww"

I never got how "Run Run" was bitchy/shade in any sense whatsoever. If anything it was flattering to Radwanska wasn't it, seeing as she was effectively acknowledging she was running everything down I never got how the barrel-scrapers in GM were trying to make it look like some insulting comment.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote