WTA Announces 2012 Player Award Nominees - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 9th, 2012, 01:27 AM   #1
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute
WTA Announces 2012 Player Award Nominees

1) WTA's Player of the Year: Serena Williams, Victoria Azarenka, Maria Sharapova
2) Comeback Player of the Year: Kirsten Flipkens, Venus Williams, Hsieh Su-Wei and Yaroslava Shvedova
3) Most Improved Player of the Year: Sara Errani, Angelique Kerber, Varvara Lepchenko and the doubles pairing of Abigail Spears and Raquel Kops-Jones
4) Newcomer of the Year: Laura Robson, Heather Watson, Sloane Stephens and Kiki Bertens
5) Team of the Year (doubles): five doubles teams nominated for the best doubles team, including Serena and Venus Williams and the No.1 ranked Italian pairing of Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci.

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 9th, 2012, 01:42 AM   #2
country flag RenaSlam.

RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WTA Announces 2012 Player Award Nominees

1.) Serena. Who are those other two, again?
2.) Venus WIlliams
3.) Angelique Kerber
4.) Sloane Stephens
5.) Errani/Vinci
__W00.01.05.07.08__USO00.01__

Step.
RenaSlam. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 01:44 AM   #3
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

1) Serena
2) Shvedova
3) Errani
4) Robson
5) Errani/Vinci

but i guess if doubles award goes to Errani , than most improved - Kerber

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 01:45 AM   #4
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

Serena.
Venus.
Errani. (Kerber had a slam semi before - Errani had nothing.)
Newcomer? How are Watson, Robson, and Stephens NEWCOMERS? I know what the WTA considers it, but they should just rename it - young star who broke out finally - that's not a newcomer. I'll go with Robson.
Errani/Vinci.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 02:06 AM   #5
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

1. Serena
2. Venus
3. Kerber
4. Robson
5. Errani/Vinci
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 02:48 AM   #6
country flag NashaP

NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold

1. Maria cause shes fucking fabulous
2. Venus
3. Kerber
4. Robson
5. dont curr
NashaP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 03:00 AM   #7
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

These newcomers aren't really newcomers .

1. Vika
2. Shvedova (I'd vote Vee but she didn't really go anywhere to begin with)
3. Errani
4. -

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 04:26 AM   #8
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Serena
Shvedova
Errani
Stephens
Errani/Vinci
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 05:50 AM   #9
country flag vexxx

vexxx is a splendid one to behold vexxx is a splendid one to behold vexxx is a splendid one to behold vexxx is a splendid one to behold vexxx is a splendid one to behold vexxx is a splendid one to behold vexxx is a splendid one to behold vexxx is a splendid one to behold vexxx is a splendid one to behold vexxx is a splendid one to behold vexxx is a splendid one to behold
1) Serena
2) Shvedova
3) Errani
4) Watson
5) Vinci/Errani

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
vexxx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 06:04 AM   #10
country flag joeh37

joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of

1) Serena
2) I imagine Vee or Slava will win this. despite the fact that Flipkens was out of the top 200 earlier this year. She just did it in a lot more methodical manner. Rather than the deep slam run of Slava.
3) my vote would be errani, 1final 1sf 1qf from relatively nothing, kerber showed what she was capable of in 2011.
4) I actually think lepchenko should have been in this category, as it stands though Watson and Robson are the obvious choices. I think the Li/Clijsters run will tip it for Laura though.
5) Had Errani/Vinci won YEC I think this would be NID, however Williams' may edge it now.

Thankyou for years of service to British tennis

@Joeh_37
joeh37 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 06:13 AM   #11
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute

So the other three teams I assume are the ones that were in YEC?
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 07:57 AM   #12
country flag sweetadri06

sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute

1)Serena
2)Shvedova
3)Errani
4)Robson
5)Serena/Venus
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 08:26 AM   #13
country flag joeh37

joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolfish1103 View Post
So the other three teams I assume are the ones that were in YEC?
I suspect makarova/vesnina over huber/Raymond.
That's only guessing though.

Thankyou for years of service to British tennis

@Joeh_37
joeh37 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 08:28 AM   #14
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

1) Vika
2) Venus
3) Errani
4) Hev
5) Errani/Vinci

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 08:32 AM   #15
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeh37 View Post
I suspect makarova/vesnina over huber/Raymond.
That's only guessing though.
I would like that if it's the case, no need Huber on there

I'd like to see

Serena
Hsieh
Errani
Watson
Errani/Vinci

wins the award, but in reality I think it's going to be...

Serena
Shvedova
Errani
Robson
Serena/Venus