Asia-Pacific Tennis League - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 30th, 2012, 05:23 AM   #61
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Asia-Pacific Tennis League

Also interesting to note that Alicia Molik was playing number 3 in the WA Conference final with the giants (same team as Jess Moore). It got rained out though and ended in a draw, no word yet if they will replay it.
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 30th, 2012, 07:07 AM   #62
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani12 View Post
Also interesting to note that Alicia Molik was playing number 3 in the WA Conference final with the giants (same team as Jess Moore). It got rained out though and ended in a draw, no word yet if they will replay it.
Wild Weather forces explosive Asia-Pacific Tennis League Final

[FONT='Myriad Pro','sans-serif']Perth’s wild weather halted the final of the Asia-Pacific Tennis League final on Wednesday evening. Players and spectators retreated indoors to enjoy an early Christmas dinner at the State Tennis Centre, after completing the first singles rubbers of the match.[/font]

[FONT='Myriad Pro','sans-serif']The number one player for the Giants, Zach Itzstein, beat Brendan Malarkey of the Western Sharks, 4-1, in a shortened fast tennis format. Adam Carey was victorious over Richard Sampson in the number 3 singles rubber also 4-1. In the Women’s final, Giants number one player Jess Moore, conquered Shona Lee of the Blue Gum Park Ball Bursters, 4-0 and Katy O’Shea was successful over Kay-Leigh Nicholas 4 games to 2. The teams shared the spoils.[/font]

[FONT='Myriad Pro','sans-serif']The ladder winning Giants teams, sponsored by Greenwich Equities, will travel to Melbourne in January to compete with teams from New Zealand, China, the Pacific Islands, and four other states during the Australian Open. Each team wins prize money ranging from $15,000 for the winner to $1000 for the 8th team.[/font]

[FONT='Myriad Pro','sans-serif']Santa braved the elements to make an appearance with the Hopman Cup Trophy, and Alicia Molik whispered in the reindeers’ ear to tell him what a good boy her baby son, born earlier this year, had been.[/font]

|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 07:59 AM   #63
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

They have wild weather, on the east side of Aus were having 35+ degrees weather,,

ZARINA DIYAS. QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GÖRGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. OLIVIA TJANDRAMULIA.
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 09:59 AM   #64
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd go for rain over this heat anyday...
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 11:00 AM   #65
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindrance. View Post
They have wild weather, on the east side of Aus were having 35+ degrees weather,,
I know it's lovely
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 02:55 AM   #66
country flag Dani12

Victoria Conference Final -

Kooyong Classics def. Frankston Firebirds 4-2
Sally Peers lt Storm Sanders 3-4 4-2 3-4
Belinda Woolock lt Nives Baric 1-4 2-4
Michaela Johansson d Katerina Valos 4-0 4-1
Molly Polak d Rebecca Leahy 4-2 0-4 4-2
Peers/Johansson d Leahy/Baric 4-1 4-2
Woolcock/Antosik d Sanders/Perez 2-4 4-0 (10-3)
Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 02:56 AM   #67
country flag Dani12

I wonder why Frankston didn't play Perez in the singles, she would have beaten Johansson/Polak.
Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 05:20 AM   #68
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

Another good win for Baric. Shame she wasn't given a spot in the WC playoff.

Jarmila Gajdosova, Ash Barty, Olivia Rogowska, Abbie Myers

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kristina Mladenovic, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 02:11 AM   #69
country flag Dani12

South Australia Conference Final -

Flagstaff Freighters def. Golden Grove Lions 6-0
Bojana Bobusic d Stefana Petrov 4-0 4-0
Karolina Wlodarczak d Kataraine Hunia 4-0 4-1
Brooke Rischbieth d Jovana Petrov 1-4 4-1 4-0
Chloe Hule d Kimberly Absalom 4-2 4-2
Bobusic/Rischbieth d Petrov/Petrov 4-0 4-2
Lukaszewicz/Wlodarczak d Hunia/Absalom 4-2 0-4 (10-3)
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #70
country flag Allez-y

Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light

Agree Baric has been doing well. Seems more consistent? A hitter vs a pusher/ grinder. And deserves a go. But not a TA favourite, so there's the answer. All we can do is champion the underdog, and hope they can show what is possible against the odds. Good luck Nives!
Allez-y is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 07:26 AM   #71
country flag Dani12

Flagstaff and South Australia are Champs!

Flagstaff Freighters (SA) 3-7-32 defeated Asia-Pacific Institute Steelers 1-2-22

Bojana Bobusic lost to Monique Adamczak 1-4 4-2 3-4 (4)
Viktorija Rajicic defeated Stephanie Bengson 4-3 (2) 4-2
Karolina Wlodarczak defeated Julia Moriarty 4-1 4-1
Brooke Rischbieth defeated Angelique Svinos 4-3 (0) 4-2
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 05:48 AM   #72
country flag first service

first service is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a chance to watch this match and was really looking forward to seeing Monique and Bojana play. It was a very high standard that came down to the last point. Monique hit a forehand winner to win the match on her 6th match point. Great game by both girls but I thought that Monique was the deserved winner. I then saw Rajicic play against Bengson which was also a good match but Viki was just too solid. Overall it was a great competition/final to see with Flagstaff winning 3 out of the 4 singles. I think their coach used to be Lleytons hitting partner or fitness trainer. I know that he travelled with him at some stage. Flagstaff were a great team all round and deserved to win the ATL.
I was really looking forward to Alicia Molik playing as I saw her named to play for the Perth Giants. Anyone know why she didn't play? She used to kick my .... when I used to play against her in Adelaide. Good luck to her as Australia's new Fed Cup Captain. Great player and nice girl.
first service is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2013, 09:47 AM   #73
country flag Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future

It's on again this year. I read an article about it in a newspaper. Ash Barty, Casey Dellacqua and Nick Kyrgios amongst others are apparently going to play:

Net gain: chance to see future stars shine for free

Date November 3, 2013

Adrian Proszenko

The Asia-Pacific Tennis League is serving up top talent to the suburbs.

It's a chance to watch Australia's best young talent - and maybe even Pat Rafter - play at a suburban court near you.

The Asia-Pacific Tennis League begins on Wednesday, pitting young guns, veterans and former players against each other in preparation for the Australian Open. Now in it's third year, the tournament is played along state lines as they vie for a slice of the $110,000 prizemoney. Former world No.1 Rafter will play in some of the matches, which are free to the public and staged in suburban venues.

It will be a chance for fans to get a glimpse of rising stars including Davis Cup player Nick Kyrgios and former junior Wimbledon champion Ashleigh Barty, who are both likely to feature in next year's opening grand slam. Other players likely to be involved in the Australian Open wildcard play-off include Jordan Thompson, Luke Saville, James Duckworth and Thanasi Kokkinakis. This year's NSW squad will be led by Matt Barton, Matt Reid and Casey Dellacqua.

There is plenty of excitement about the potential of Australian Open junior champion Kyrgios, who was blooded in the Davis Cup tie against Poland. Kyrgios, the only 18-year-old ranked in the world's top 200, made a big impression when he beat former world No.8 Radek Stepanek at the French Open.

''Nick Kyrgios is one of the most exciting young prospects in Australian tennis,'' Australia's former Davis Cup coach Wally Masur said. ''Nick is playing for Canberra. He's had a bit of an elbow problem of late and we're hoping it will clear up. It's a great opportunity for Canberra fans, who would have read about him all year, to get a look at him.

''This tournament is a really good initiative that allows guys like him to play some pressure tennis in front of a crowd, giving you a sprinkling of competitive tennis during what is a tough training month in November.

''The real key is the opportunity for emerging players, those still involved in the national academy and have a few points, like Jordan Thompson or Luke Saville.

''They'll get the opportunity to play more seasoned players like Matt Reid and James Duckworth, who have already kicked some goals on the tour proper. There's also a few older guys like Pat Rafter, Peter Luczak and Richard Fromberg who will have a game. For fans to see good players at suburban venues for free, it can't be a bad thing.''

Masur said he was buoyed by the amount of young talent on the local circuit but warned it took time for players to establish themselves on the world stage.

''Over the last 10 years the physical requirements of tennis have become enormous,'' Masur said.

''Which is why we're starting to see the average age of the top 100 in the men's game reach 27. In the majors this year, there was close to almost 20 or 30 above the age of 30 in the main draw.

''The pre-seasons have become invaluable and that's the great challenge for the likes of Kokkinakis or Kyrgios and emerging players like Luke Saville and Jordan Thompson.

''The real stress is how they physically evolve over the next couple of years so they can deal with the power and aggression of the circuit.''

All time favourite: Anna Chakvetadze

Will my weakness for an hour, make me suffer for a life time?
Invisible Fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2013, 10:04 AM   #74
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

I live near Newington and know Nicole: There is no way Casey will play
Can't believe Gonzo choked today
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2013, 07:02 AM   #75
country flag Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future

I went down to a Canberra home tie today against the Sydney Uni Lions. The Velocity women won all their singles and doubles ties. I saw Alison Bai win comfortably, then Ashley Keir won in a 3rd set tiebreak. Those two then combined for a 4-0 4-1 doubles win.

All time favourite: Anna Chakvetadze

Will my weakness for an hour, make me suffer for a life time?
Invisible Fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote