Who're your faves & who do you hate/dislike? | 2012 edition | RESULTS POSTED!!! - Page 24 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 12th, 2012, 03:53 PM   #346
country flag jetglo

jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Who're your faves & who do you hate/dislike? | 2012 edition | POST YOUR LISTS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aselto View Post
Why I dislike players that I dislike:

Urszula Radwanska - same like Goerges, can display absolutely nasty behavior on smaller courts.
I think she's been very controlled the last half of this season, more often a half smile and a head shake now, rather than the tantrums of old. She's trying at least
jetglo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 12th, 2012, 04:12 PM   #347
country flag jetglo

jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Who're your faves & who do you hate/dislike? | 2012 edition | POST YOUR LISTS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraya00000 View Post
Because she is no a team player.

Yet she chose to play doubles with Kerber and mixed doubles with Kas?

Some here even said she doesn't get along with Kerber, yet there were lots of smiles and even hugs afterwards. It's just more TF BS.
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 04:30 PM   #348
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetglo View Post

Yet she chose to play doubles with Kerber and mixed doubles with Kas?

Some here even said she doesn't get along with Kerber, yet there were lots of smiles and even hugs afterwards. It's just more TF BS.
Professional show..it is not a secret that they don´t like each other...
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 04:39 PM   #349
country flag Geekking

Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of

Faves:
10 Pts: Sabine Lisicki ( I've been following her since 2005-2006. She is my all time fav! Sent her autographs, said hi to me " http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7O9wYTqq6E " , and other unforgettable things.. Thanks you for all of them Sabine, you are the best )
9 Pts: Petra Kvitova ( Great person, really cares her fans. Gave me lots of autogpragh and her sneakers, talked with me everytime! )
8 Pts: Li Na ( Just playing her tennis, trying to do more and more for her country. Great fighter, great person!)
7 Pts: Kveta Peschke ( I love Peschke family! )
6 Pts: Andrea Petkovic ( Petkoratzii! )
5 Pts: Sam Stosur ( Great person. Great team!)
4 Pts: Mona Barthel ( Great talent! )
3 Pts: Marion Bartoli ( Great person, really cares her fans. I talked with her many times she is really nice person )
2 Pts: Julia Göerges ( German )
1 Pt: Angelique Kerber ( Hmmmmmm )

Dislike:
10 Pts: Viktoria Azarenka ( I met with her real face when working for the YEC )
9 Pts: Anastasia Rodionova ( I hate you! )
8 Pts: Caroline Wozniacki (Not playing fair on the court)
7 Pts: Maria Sharapova
6 Pts: Dominika Cibulkova ( Choker )
5 Pts: Pauline Parmentier
4 Pts: Shahar Peer
3 Pts: Svetlana Kuznetsova
2 Pts: Venus Williams
1 Pt: Lourdes Dominguez Lino

Last edited by Geekking : Nov 12th, 2012 at 05:38 PM.
Geekking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 05:21 PM   #350
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekking View Post
10 Pts: Viktoria Azarenka ( I met with her real face when working for the YEC )
What did she do to upset you that much?

Quote:
9 Pts: Anastasia Rodionova ( Die bi.ch! )
You do know that your vote doesn't count because of this insult, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexysova View Post

ALSO PLEASE DO NOT INSULT ANY PLAYERS, OTHERWISE YOUR VOTE WON'T BE COUNTED!
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 05:33 PM   #351
country flag Shafanovic.
#claypova

Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute

Like:

1. Maria Sharapova
2. Jelena Jankovic
3. Vania King
4. Jie Zheng
5. Yanina Wickmayer
6. Jarmilla Gajdosova
7. Andrea Hlavackova
8. Angelique Kerber
9. Marion Bartoli
10. Lucie Safarova

Dislike:

1. Victoria Azarenka
2. Agnieszka Radwanska
3. Liezel Huber
4. Sabine Lisicki
5. Andrea Petkovic
6. Maria Kirilenko
7. Shahar Peer
8. Francesca Schiavone
9. Monica Niculescu
10. Melanie Oudin

CLAYPOVA
Shafanovic. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 05:36 PM   #352
country flag Geekking

Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
What did she do to upset you that much?
You do know that your vote doesn't count because of this insult, right?
Didn't do anything personally to me. It's really hard to explain what happened but all I can say is she has a different face under her sweet girl mask! PS: Before the YEC 2011 she was in my top 5 list...

Edited
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 05:47 PM   #353
country flag Représailles

Représailles has a reputation beyond repute Représailles has a reputation beyond repute Représailles has a reputation beyond repute Représailles has a reputation beyond repute Représailles has a reputation beyond repute Représailles has a reputation beyond repute Représailles has a reputation beyond repute Représailles has a reputation beyond repute Représailles has a reputation beyond repute Représailles has a reputation beyond repute Représailles has a reputation beyond repute

1.Serena Williams
2. Venus Williams
3. Sabine Lisicki
4. Andrea Petkovic
5. Nadia Petrova
6. Sara Errani
7. Lucie Hradecka
8. VIKA
9. Julia Goerges
10. Sam Stosur

Dislike
1. Maria Sharapova
2. Angelique Kerber
3. Caroline Wozniacki
4. Ana Ivanovic
5. Daniela Hantuchova
6. Agnieska Radwanska
7. Virginie Razzano
8. Sorana Cirstea
9. Anabel Medina Garrigues
Représailles is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 05:58 PM   #354
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say, of all the players I've been fortunate enough to encounter, Lisicki was an absolute delight. I know she can be melodramatic and streaky, but she really is one of those who will pose for pics, sign autographs and have a word with fans.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 06:07 PM   #355
country flag Geekking

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
I have to say, of all the players I've been fortunate enough to encounter, Lisicki was an absolute delight. I know she can be melodramatic and streaky, but she really is one of those who will pose for pics, sign autographs and have a word with fans.
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 06:18 PM   #356
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekking View Post
Didn't do anything personally to me. It's really hard to explain what happened but all I can say is she has a different face under her sweet girl mask! PS: Before the YEC 2011 she was in my top 5 list...

Edited
Actress Azarenka..all the Fake injuries, ask Radwanska...
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 06:34 PM   #357
country flag jetglo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
I think the difference between Ivanovic and Lisicki is that Ivanovic doesn't come across as being so self-absorbed in the way Lisicki does. There just something terribly immature that's particularly off putting with Lisicki. I recall that match when Radwanska was killing her and she starting crying to her mum that she didn't want to be bageled. With Ivanovic, if she is bageled she will at least try to put a brave face on it, she doesn't break down like a little baby in the way Lisicki does.
This shouldn't come as a surprise to someone who seems more mature than the average poster here but....

Newsflash 1. Girls are emotional and they cry.

Newsflash 2. When they get emotional and cry, you shouldn't assume what they appear to be crying about is the sole, or even direct reason for them being emotional.

To do so would be drawing a simple conclusion, and girls tend towards being complicated, leaving being simple to men, as it suits them better generally.

Now if Azarenka cries during her YEC SF and after the USO final, is that being terribly immature? What about Kerber crying after the Eastbourne final, and possibly the USO as well?

How about Serena? She's admitted to crying "all the time" at 30 years old. Is she behaving "like a little baby" too?

Or does the magnitude of the game make all the difference? Is it okay to have an emotional response to losing a big match by a small margin, but not okay if you're trying your best but still getting completely thrashed?

I'm afraid human emotions aren't that predictable, especially female ones, and aren't that controllable either. If something really hurts you, you react emotionally.

Obviously Sabine Lisicki is more emotional than the average player, but usually it's her happy, up side that's seen, and that's what fans like about her. The almost inevitable flip side to this is she sometimes finds disappointment hard to take, and her emotions get the better of her. It doesn't happen very often, but it's constantly harped on here, as if having a quiet sob is so much worse than abusing an umpire or linesman, chucking a tantrum, breaking a racquet or just generally being bitchy, none of which Sabine has ever done I might add. Anger seems a more acceptable emotion here, mores the pity.

Maybe Ana Ivanovic is steadier emotionally, and a brave face is more easily achieved, or maybe Ana just doesn't care as much about being thrashed as Sabine does. Maybe being thrashed was just the trigger for Sabine's emotions, and there were other issues that fed the reaction once started. It really doesn't pay to assume when it comes to female emotions.

Don't consider this an attack on you Shvedbarilescu, I've admired your posts previously as being well considered and balanced, so I've been a bit surprised by the lack of such when it comes to Sabine.
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 06:49 PM   #358
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetglo View Post
This shouldn't come as a surprise to someone who seems more mature than the average poster here but....

Newsflash 1. Girls are emotional and they cry.

Newsflash 2. When they get emotional and cry, you shouldn't assume what they appear to be crying about is the sole, or even direct reason for them being emotional.

To do so would be drawing a simple conclusion, and girls tend towards being complicated, leaving being simple to men, as it suits them better generally.

Now if Azarenka cries during her YEC SF and after the USO final, is that being terribly immature? What about Kerber crying after the Eastbourne final, and possibly the USO as well?

How about Serena? She's admitted to crying "all the time" at 30 years old. Is she behaving "like a little baby" too?

Or does the magnitude of the game make all the difference? Is it okay to have an emotional response to losing a big match by a small margin, but not okay if you're trying your best but still getting completely thrashed?

I'm afraid human emotions aren't that predictable, especially female ones, and aren't that controllable either. If something really hurts you, you react emotionally.

Obviously Sabine Lisicki is more emotional than the average player, but usually it's her happy, up side that's seen, and that's what fans like about her. The almost inevitable flip side to this is she sometimes finds disappointment hard to take, and her emotions get the better of her. It doesn't happen very often, but it's constantly harped on here, as if having a quiet sob is so much worse than abusing an umpire or linesman, chucking a tantrum, breaking a racquet or just generally being bitchy, none of which Sabine has ever done I might add. Anger seems a more acceptable emotion here, mores the pity.

Maybe Ana Ivanovic is steadier emotionally, and a brave face is more easily achieved, or maybe Ana just doesn't care as much about being thrashed as Sabine does. Maybe being thrashed was just the trigger for Sabine's emotions, and there were other issues that fed the reaction once started. It really doesn't pay to assume when it comes to female emotions.

Don't consider this an attack on you Shvedbarilescu, I've admired your posts previously as being well considered and balanced, so I've been a bit surprised by the lack of such when it comes to Sabine.
Very well written post. I can't really disagree with you on anything you write here at all and you make your case very strongly.

I'm afraid Sabine does rub me the wrong way, I think I have given the reasons why pretty simply. But we all react to different things in different ways, and because Sabine Lisicki does tend to rub me the wrong way this hardly makes her a bad person as I will be the 1st to acknowledge. And yes, a couple of my posts in this thread were flippant, probably too flippant and perhaps a little insensitive. I'm sorry for that.
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 12:21 AM   #359
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute

Sabine's range of emotions are a big reason why I love her so much! I wouldn't trade in the her joyous celebrations in winning or her tears when losing for someone who supposedly 'keeps her cool' and shows no emotion like a robot!

It's sad she seems to feature so often in people's 'dislikes'. I don't know if it's more because of people not liking the way she plays or a perceived problem with her personality.

I believe this is normally what her personality is like, full of laughter

SABINE LISICKI- Wimbledon Quarter Finalist and Hong Kong Champion 2014!!

GENIE BOUCHARD- Australian Open Semi Finalist, French Open Semi Finalist, Wimbledon Finalist and Nuremburg Champion 2014!!
Mike81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 08:34 AM   #360
country flag TBA2

TBA2 is just really nice TBA2 is just really nice TBA2 is just really nice TBA2 is just really nice TBA2 is just really nice TBA2 is just really nice TBA2 is just really nice TBA2 is just really nice TBA2 is just really nice TBA2 is just really nice TBA2 is just really nice

Like:
1) Radwanska
2) Cibulkova
3) Ivanovic
4) Stosur
5) Bartoli
6) Panetta
7) Paszek
8) Wozniak
9) Scheepers
10)Lisicki

Dislike: