Alicia Keys new single - her new album out now! - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 25th, 2012, 08:03 PM   #31
country flag AlissonValerio

AlissonValerio is a glorious beacon of light AlissonValerio is a glorious beacon of light AlissonValerio is a glorious beacon of light AlissonValerio is a glorious beacon of light AlissonValerio is a glorious beacon of light AlissonValerio is a glorious beacon of light AlissonValerio is a glorious beacon of light AlissonValerio is a glorious beacon of light AlissonValerio is a glorious beacon of light AlissonValerio is a glorious beacon of light AlissonValerio is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Alicia Keys new single - her new album out now!

Girl On Fire is amazing. Love love love Alicia.
AlissonValerio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 25th, 2012, 08:04 PM   #32

AlissonValerio is a glorious beacon of light AlissonValerio is a glorious beacon of light AlissonValerio is a glorious beacon of light AlissonValerio is a glorious beacon of light AlissonValerio is a glorious beacon of light AlissonValerio is a glorious beacon of light AlissonValerio is a glorious beacon of light AlissonValerio is a glorious beacon of light AlissonValerio is a glorious beacon of light AlissonValerio is a glorious beacon of light AlissonValerio is a glorious beacon of light

Girl on fire is doing well on the charts.
Old Dec 25th, 2012, 08:04 PM   #33

Really happy for Alicia. Love her.
Old Dec 26th, 2012, 05:09 AM   #34
country flag Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future

I read a review which gave the album 2 stars out of 5:

Girl On Fire (2012)
Precisely the same approach as the previous Keys offering, with lots of mellow love songs ("Brand New Me") and a few uptempo dance cuts ("New Day," produced with hubby Swizz Beatz). The tacky title track combines both approaches, with a simple-minded, endlessly repeated vocal hook over an ear-splitting, Billy Squier-sampled drum track. However loud or soft, fast or slow, though, the whole enterprise is notably lacking in melody ("Listen To Your Heart") - almost nothing holds your attention apart from a lovely duet with Maxwell ("Fire We Make," also featuring guitarist Gary Clark Jr.) and the retro weeper "Tears Always Win." The distracting fake Caribbean accent turns up on two more tunes ("Limitedless," with a chorus conceit that smacks of Beyoncé's "Countdown").

Note: This reviewer gave As I Am 3 and a half stars and the Element of Freedom 3 stars.

Has anyone read other reviews/heard the album yet?

All time favourite: Anna Chakvetadze

Will my weakness for an hour, make me suffer for a life time?

Last edited by Invisible Fan : Dec 26th, 2012 at 05:15 AM.
Invisible Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2012, 09:43 AM   #35
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

Besides the first single which I love, I don't think I've heard any other songs which I like.
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2012, 11:26 AM   #36
country flag hectopascal

hectopascal has a reputation beyond repute hectopascal has a reputation beyond repute hectopascal has a reputation beyond repute hectopascal has a reputation beyond repute hectopascal has a reputation beyond repute hectopascal has a reputation beyond repute hectopascal has a reputation beyond repute hectopascal has a reputation beyond repute hectopascal has a reputation beyond repute hectopascal has a reputation beyond repute hectopascal has a reputation beyond repute

I had a listen to the songs on iTunes (hence snippets only) and really like Tears Always Win, so bought it. The other songs didn't really stand out, but I'm sure they'll grow on me.
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 03:29 AM   #37
country flag Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future

Her 2nd single off Girl On Fire.

All time favourite: Anna Chakvetadze

Will my weakness for an hour, make me suffer for a life time?
Invisible Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 04:02 AM   #38
country flag VeeJJ
Flawless

VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute

As I Am was GOAT and she should have stopped after that.

Victoria Azarenka ~ Venus Williams
Maria Kirilenko ~ Petra Kvitova
VeeJJ is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 06:29 AM   #39
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alicia Keys new single - her new album out later this month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olórin View Post
She is so so consistent. From track to track on each album and from album to album. She delivers the goods to her fans.
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote