Best performance in a match so far in 2014. - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: which is the best performance in match so far in 2014

Kvitova def Bouchard 6-3,6-0 111 64.16%
Ivanovic def Maria 6-1,6-4 23 13.29%
Li Na def Makarova 6-2,6-0 8 4.62%
Simona def Errani 6-2,6-0 33 19.08%
Muguruza def Serena 6-2,6-2 19 10.98%
Other 8 4.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 27th, 2014, 11:15 PM   #1
country flag thejuju

thejuju is a name known to all thejuju is a name known to all thejuju is a name known to all thejuju is a name known to all thejuju is a name known to all thejuju is a name known to all thejuju is a name known to all thejuju is a name known to all thejuju is a name known to all thejuju is a name known to all thejuju is a name known to all
Best performance in a match so far in 2014.

which player really made you feel WOW in a match.For me these are the top 5

1) Wimbledon final : Kvitova def Bouchard 6-3,6-0 . This performance is not just of this year but i think one of the best slam final performances of all time.Dazzling
Best thing about this performance ? For all her aggressive game, Bouchard was as good a spectator as we are all in that match.

2) Rome 3R : Ivanovic def Maria 6-1,6-4 . Vintage Ana who showed up for once and proved that she still has it and the game to break maria in the second set was just and then roland garros happened
Best thing about this performance ? Maria was pretty good in that second set

3) Aus open 4R : Li def Makarova 6-2,6-0 . Li didn't hit a single false note in this match after her dreadful 3R match .Everything worked for her in this match which is rare and she cruised to win her 2nd slam.

Best thing about this performance ? That classic Serve n volley at matchpoint

4) Doha QF: Simona def Errani 6-2,6-0. What a joy to see her free flowing game!! Its arguably the best beatdown anyone gave to a top 10 player this year
Best thing about this performance ? 35 winners in 14 games.Enough said

5) RG 2R : Garbine Muguruza def Serena 6-2,6-2. Who would have thought of all players , its muguruza who would hand serena her worst loss at Slams? Serena was bad in the match but Garbine played to win and didn't let the moment affect her and perhaps her win was the most surprising of the year so far.
Best thing about this performance ? Unlike all those players who beat serena only to flop in the next round , Muguruza didnt fizzle out.

special mention

Townsend def Cornet
Garcia def Jankovic

Last edited by thejuju : Jul 27th, 2014 at 11:25 PM.
thejuju is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 27th, 2014, 11:22 PM   #2
country flag MMJSL

MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Best performance in a match so far in 2014.

The moons aligned and GOATra decided to make an appearance on the biggest stage in tennis.

PEAK Petra for sure.

Wozniacki. Stosur. Jankovic. Halep.
Venus. Stephens. Hampton. Bouchard. Bencic.
Seles. Henin. Davenport. Hingis. Clijsters.
MMJSL is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2014, 11:31 PM   #3
country flag 01gametennis10

01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of

Aggie bageling and breadsticking the 2x defending champion at a major not included in the poll or even "honorable mention".

Last edited by miffedmax : Jul 28th, 2014 at 01:20 AM.
01gametennis10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2014, 11:35 PM   #4
country flag MichaelN

MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01gametennis10 View Post
Aggie bageling the 2x defending champion at a major not included in the poll or even "honorable mention".
He has an undying passion of hating Aga
Always with you Ana Ivanović

Wig Snatcher Paula Kania

Last edited by miffedmax : Jul 28th, 2014 at 01:21 AM.
MichaelN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2014, 11:36 PM   #5
Milan.

Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Aggie bageling the 2x defending champion at a major not included in the poll or even "honorable mention".

fucking moron.
Did you forget that match was a three-setter?
* M. Sharapova * A. Krunić * V. Williams *

Milan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2014, 11:37 PM   #6

01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of

does it matter how many sets? the first was 6-1 and the last was 6-0. it'll remain one of the best performances of the year.
Old Jul 27th, 2014, 11:38 PM   #7
country flag MMJSL

MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelN View Post
That was Peak Aga and even Injurenka took a set off her.

And you think that should be in the same conversation as Petra at this year's Wimbledon?

Wozniacki. Stosur. Jankovic. Halep.
Venus. Stephens. Hampton. Bouchard. Bencic.
Seles. Henin. Davenport. Hingis. Clijsters.
MMJSL is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2014, 11:39 PM   #8
country flag MichaelN

MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan. View Post
Did you forget that match was a three-setter?
So?

Are you trying to say Sharapova def. Šafárová 7-6, 6-7, 7-6 was a bad quality match?

Wig Snatcher Paula Kania
Old Jul 27th, 2014, 11:40 PM   #9
country flag thejuju

thejuju is a name known to all thejuju is a name known to all thejuju is a name known to all thejuju is a name known to all thejuju is a name known to all thejuju is a name known to all thejuju is a name known to all thejuju is a name known to all thejuju is a name known to all thejuju is a name known to all thejuju is a name known to all

Quote:
Aggie bageling and breadsticking the 2x defending champion at a major not included in the poll or even "honorable mention".
Unfortunately this isn't about a single set but whole match. If she had not lost that 2nd set to an injured Vika she'd be in the poll.

Last edited by miffedmax : Jul 28th, 2014 at 01:21 AM.
Old Jul 27th, 2014, 11:40 PM   #10
country flag Little Dreamer
テニプリ

Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
does it matter how many sets? the first was 6-1 and the last was 6-0. it'll remain one of the best performances of the year.
Agreed. It was one of the best performances in a match, how many sets it went doesn't matter

Little Dreamer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2014, 11:41 PM   #11
country flag thejuju

Quote:
I'm no fan of Ana either.She's in the poll. Try harder
Old Jul 27th, 2014, 11:42 PM   #12
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

I only saw 2 of the other matches listed but I think Simona's demolition of Errani is hard to beat. Almost flawless tennis that was simply sublime. For the sake of accuracy it was 32 winners not 35 (and just 9 UEs). Second sets stats for Simona - 6 games, 24 points won ... 17 winners, 2 UEs.

The thing is, the following day after going 2-5 down, she was almost as good again against a better opponent (Aga), taking 11 of the last 13 games, including 8 in a row.
Old Jul 27th, 2014, 11:43 PM   #13

what single set? she completely dominated the 2x defending champion in both the first set and last.
Old Jul 27th, 2014, 11:43 PM   #14
country flag thejuju

Quote:
So?

Are you trying to say Sharapova def. Šafárová 7-6, 6-7, 7-6 was a bad quality match?
You know its not the best performance when you are one of the mentally toughest players and almost Squandered 5-1 lead
Old Jul 27th, 2014, 11:44 PM   #15
country flag MichaelN

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejuju View Post
I'm no fan of Ana either.She's in the poll. Try harder
"Come on down to Florida,
That's where I'm gonna punch ya,
We can see the kilos,
Which is where I'd fkn kill ya"

Wig Snatcher Paula Kania