Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3 - Page 85 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Dec 4th, 2012, 04:04 PM   #1261
country flag BadgerM

BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

Also, what's the point of reputation? I disabled it, but it seems like a lot of you have it on. Do you trade it in for cool stuff or something?
BadgerM is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 4th, 2012, 04:08 PM   #1262
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

While we're on the topic of reps...

1. Do gifs work when you rep someone? So if you put img codes around it do they see the gif?
2. If you put changed font/size does it appear?

I've always wondered
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 04:11 PM   #1263
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
*FANBOYING* I know this is duh but Maria's timing on her groundstrokes is just so impeccable. How can anyone say she's talentless and just a brainless ballbasher
Maria, Vika, Caro, Aga, Errani - even Serena (except for her serve) has been called talentless on TF. If true I would if I were a professional tennis player want as little talent as possible, because the less I'd have of it the more successful I'd be.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 04:29 PM   #1264
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I didn't even know that you can give a bad rep to the same person on a daily basis. OR a good rep for that matter. I just tried to give you one but first I need to spread some reputation around (or whatever the phrase is).
rules are

1) not more than 1 Rep to the same poster per day
2) you should spread 10 Rep to give REP to the same poster twice

This Clowson is spreading Reps to anybody just to give me 1 Bad Rep , so then i spread my 10 reps in SS just to give her Bad Rep back in turn I know it's idiotic , but when i stopped to return back Bad REp , she didn't stopped ... It's incurable

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 04:35 PM   #1265
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post

This Clowson is spreading Reps to anybody just to give me 1 Bad Rep , so then i spread my 10 reps in SS just to give her Bad Rep back in turn
I see. I thought that I got all those good reps from you because you actually like me.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 04:53 PM   #1266
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
Yeah. It actually does. Well, I'm referring to the short term as in disposable income at Uni.
Also, have you seen the new fee repayment scheme?
I think they've mapped it the next economy crash because NOBODY other than doctors will end up paying even half of it back.

In London you get you 7k loan which accommodation will eat up about 6k of. And you get a pretty much 3.5k grant depending on family income, and dependant on family income again you'll likely get at least another 1k bursary. So that leaves you with roughly 5/5.5k to feed and clothe yourself over the year.

Now In Dublin, as I live in NI I would still be working through Student Finance NI. This means that I get a 5k loan which my rent will eat up instantly and then you get a 2k grant, there might be a 1k bursary but I'm not sure so that's like 3k to feed and clothe yourself for the year.
Ohh right, yeah I can see how London would be more affordable leaving the fees aside. And yes, the way fees are repayed is a mess As you say, I think someone worked out that it's virtually impossible for someone to repay the full £27k before the 30-year cancellation point, unless you start earning like £75,000+ a year before you hit 30.

Quote:
And I'm also a mess when it comes to what I want to do. I wanted to do Neuroscience but funding has been heavily cut in a lot of places for it so I'm applying for Medicine (which is what I wanted to do before Neuroscience). Although I still have this calling to do English but there isn't much point in today's economic climate doing it somewhere other than a top UK Uni. Which would definitely require a gap year and means no to the AI scholarship.
Yeah, I know what you mean about English not being much use in today's climate (that's one of the reasons why I re-evaluated my whole life, because a few years ago I was thinking maybe I'd want to be a journalist, but traditional journalism is dying out anyway so it feels a bit pointless doing an artsy degree and then not actually being able to get anywhere with it). But Medicine should definitely get you places. Is it UCL or Imperial College that you would hope to go to?

I guess my advice would be if you feel like you really want to go to London, then it's worth waiting for even if you have to take another year out.....but them I'm biased given how many "gap years" I've had

Quote:
Originally Posted by Светльо View Post
It is so gratifying to see that there are people who are as fucked ( or even more) as you are, have no idea why.
I am so happy for you that your parents seem to be REALLY understanding and not pushing you to finally choose.
Not to be a bitch but you are kinda becoming a granny coz you will get out of university as a 25/26-year-old.
Quite honestly, do not rely on finding out what you want to do; I hope that inspiration strikes you, though . I mean, I still haven't figured out what I want to work and most probably never will. However, you do have to make a decision at some point.
No, I agree. I did actually take a lot more reassurance than I should've done from that discussion in here last week where people were saying they didn't know what they wanted to do with their lives. Reassuring to know there's some other people my age like that, when it seems like pretty much everyone I was at school with have already moved away / finished uni / have started their careers / some even married or engaged.

I've kind of got the mindset now though that it's better to actually decide properly what I want to do now though, rather than be one of those people who just drifts into a career by default, then has a midlife crisis when they hit their 40s and realise they hate what they're doing ....OK, that's probably meaningless psychobabble, but it makes me feel better anyway.

Last edited by dsanders06 : Dec 4th, 2012 at 05:00 PM.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #1267
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

^hehe
if only she knew
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 05:53 PM   #1268
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

The joke's on her But although it was cool we could see her practice it also felt kind of creepy and weird to me sort of like stalking her or something
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 05:56 PM   #1269
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know, I guess they're aware of the fact there are webcams on the courts...
Trih is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 05:59 PM   #1270
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
It's not stalking, that'd be if we were there in person.
I didn't meant it like that the proper word would be spying maybe you know because she probably didn't know we were watching her and at the same time commenting on her every movement
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 06:03 PM   #1271
country flag PimpMePova

OMG Silver you are just on fire today!!! Just noticed your avi Please whatever you do DON'T change it like EVER
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 06:06 PM   #1272
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I see. I thought that I got all those good reps from you because you actually like me.
in GM all my REPs are given for "liking" , in SS - not all)))

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 06:16 PM   #1273
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just made a new signature too. I'm so indecisive with these things
I was afk eating and you had a sig and an avatar, I came back and it's all different.
Trih is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 06:17 PM   #1274
country flag PimpMePova

Quote:
Just made a new signature too. I'm so indecisive with these things
The signature's great!!! I recommend you try to keep it for like a couple of hours though so you know other people can also see it and for the avatar like I said don't change it EVER
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 06:26 PM   #1275
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

"Congrats, maybe one day, they'll even invite you for dinner."

oh BURN, Rumplestiltskin