Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3 - Page 248 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 07:31 AM   #3706
country flag doomsday
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 13,370
doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by debby View Post
Also I am friends with Jimmie, and while he is a troll who loves to rile up Maria fans, I can tell when he is being serious or no. He was serious about Maria, it was not hating on her, in fact he was even hoping to be wrong as many gay celebrities keep it a secret just for endorsements and PR.

And I agree with Wonderwall, it has always bothered me to read all those "Nadal looks so gay" "Dimitrov is obv gay let's be real" but to actually feel offended when someone might be saying Maria is gay... Not only her haters are claiming it. In fact there were insistant rumours, so some Maria haters/fans and some people who are indifferent to her may have their own opinion on that issue.
I hear you about the rumors, but being in the public eye will do that to you, and Maria isn't the only case.
We've heard so many things about popular people and solely because their image make sells that it's hard to believe.
But again, I really don't mind people thinking that she is bi/gay I'm just saying that you can't believe everything you read on line, remember her supposed relationship with this guy from Maroon 5, people were really serious about it but then we've learned that it was a rumor and that a Russian magazine started it.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 07:35 AM   #3707
debby
Senior Member
 
debby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 26,199
debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
I hear you about the rumors, but being in the public eye will do that to you, and Maria isn't the only case.
We've heard so many things about popular people and solely because their image make sells that it's hard to believe.
But again, I really don't mind people thinking that she is bi/gay I'm just saying that you can't believe everything you read on line, remember her supposed relationship with this guy from Maroon 5, people were really serious about it but then we've learned that it was a rumor and that a Russian magazine started it.
Oh yes of course.
It is just people stating it as facts tbh in either way.
debby is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 07:41 AM   #3708
country flag Dominic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 12,977
Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

I see you just TOTALLY misinterpreted what I said in the Serena Sloan thread as well what's going on girl?
Dominic is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 09:10 AM   #3709
country flag Trih
Senior Member
 
Trih's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7,041
Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

Quote:
Originally Posted by debby View Post
Oh yes of course.
It is just people stating it as facts tbh in either way.
^ this
It makes me crazy to see people just judging by what they see online or on a picture "Oh come on! He/she's CLEARLY straight/gay, it's OBVIOUS!"
and I think "What the fuck could you know about the private life of someone you only see on tv???"
I just find it ridicoulous
Trih is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 09:27 AM   #3710
country flag JoPova
Senior Member
 
JoPova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,933
JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

So Maria is a lesbian now? Why is she dating men?
__________________
Maria Sharapova Na Li Francesca Schiavone Vera Zvonareva Petra Kvitova

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 01:08 PM   #3711
country flag PimpMePova
Senior Member
 
PimpMePova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,293
PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

Has anyone started they're normal shedule? I start school tomorrow I don't know how I'll be able to cope after two weeks of this

PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 01:26 PM   #3712
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.
 
Cosmic Voices's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 14,099
Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

Back to London today! Kinda depressing I have to go back to being somewhat independent and my third year lectures are BS
but it's London Collections this week should be able to fangirl some male models
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 01:44 PM   #3713
country flag PimpMePova
Senior Member
 
PimpMePova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,293
PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

I figured most people must be back to their jobs/school ect cause it was so quite all day in here
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 01:55 PM   #3714
country flag lefty24
Senior Member
 
lefty24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,608
lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
Are you serious? Do you seriously not get that some Maria haters say she's a lesbian just to bother her fans and they do mean it in a negative way I don't think there is anything wrong with being homosexual, I am myself, but not everyone think sthe same.

Why else would they say she's gay with no evidence at all then when 100% of the stuff they post about her is negative and a criticism?
I don't agree that those people were saying it just to rile her fans up, but let's just say they were. Why would it make you angry in the first place if her being gay doesn't bother you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
Ok just keep denying that some ppl who say that are haters and do try to demean her and annoy her fans by saying that. I do know it was haters who started it, I just don't see any logic or evidence behind it.
Do you mean that haters started talking about it now, or that they started the whole rumor in general?
__________________
MAR1.A SHARAPOVA
http://i46.tinypic.com/29z37tv.png
lefty24 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 02:02 PM   #3715
country flag jameshazza
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 11,676
jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwall. View Post
We absolutely agree on there's nothing belittling about being gay or bi but then every single time something like that is mentioned an army of Maria fans emerges trying to defend her. It's not as if every one who mentions she's gay/bi means it in a demeaning way. But it does look like most of her fans always respond to it like it's something demeaning.



What? I was talking about something very specific.
You're telling me now that if someone claims a woman is a lesbian without evidence they're doing it just because they hate her? And just because the stuff some people say about her is usually negative does it automatically make this claim negative too? Or is it negative anyway?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwall. View Post
First of all, I've never anywhere on this forum claimed Maria is a lesbian. This isn't at all about this, it's about the reactions from some of her fans. Which like I said in a post above are negative regardless of whether the person who mentions she might be gay/bi is a hater, a fan or neither.
Even if someone who's known to dislike her says something like that, I don't get the concept of fans needing to defend her for the very simple reason that there's nothing bad with being gay and therefore there's nothing which she needs to be defended about.
I still think you're getting the wrong idea.
Nobody is defending her. Well at least I never went on a 'Maria is straight!!!1111!!' rampage in GM. But if you don't think some Maria trolls would like to demean her by saying that then I really don't know. I mean there's people who say someone is gay matter-of-factly and then there's people who try and say it as an insult.

And debby why do you have to like the worst?
Well if that's not what Jimmie meant he really needs to work on how he phrases/puts things across.

I only get annoyed once people try and make it demeaning.
Plus when you say 'defending' her you make it seem like everyone saying she's straight has something against her being a lesbian and that they shouldn't respond because it's fine.But they're not defending her sexuality, they're defending her the person. I'm sure she has fans that her being a lesbian would bother them, but then you have to respect that there is no evidence so that a lot of people might just view the rumours as bullshit. And nobody likes people talking bullshit about their fave.
Also, I don't know what sexuality you are or if your out or not, but before you come out and people are spreading rumours about your sexuality or you tell one of your 'friends' and then they tell others, it's really doesn't feel great. So a lot of people just don't like spreading gay rumours whether or not they're baseless simply because it isn't anyone's business other than the person in question.

IDK, I think you got the impression that people who thought Maria was straight had something against her being lesbian. I'm sure it is true in some cases but in a lot it's really not the case at all.
__________________
Yuryevna,
Always
jameshazza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 02:04 PM   #3716
country flag Asanty
Senior Member
 
Asanty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,564
Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
I still think you're getting the wrong idea.
Nobody is defending her. Well at least I never went on a 'Maria is straight!!!1111!!' rampage in GM. But if you don't think some Maria trolls would like to demean her by saying that then I really don't know. I mean there's people who say someone is gay matter-of-factly and then there's people who try and say it as an insult.

And debby why do you have to like the worst?
Well if that's not what Jimmie meant he really needs to work on how he phrases/puts things across.

I only get annoyed once people try and make it demeaning.
Plus when you say 'defending' her you make it seem like everyone saying she's straight has something against her being a lesbian and that they shouldn't respond because it's fine.But they're not defending her sexuality, they're defending her the person. I'm sure she has fans that her being a lesbian would bother them, but then you have to respect that they're is no evidence so that a lot of people might just view the rumours as bullshit. And nobody likes people talking bullshit about their fave.
Also, I don't know what sexuality you are or if your out or not, but before you come out and people are spreading rumours about your sexuality or you tell one of your 'friends' and then they tell others, it's really doesn't feel great. So a lot of people just don't like spreading gay rumours whether or not they're baseless simply because it isn't anyone's business other than the person in question.

IDK, I think you got the impression that people who thought Maria was straight had something against her being lesbian. I'm sure it is true in some cases but in a lot it's really not the case at all.
Guys, lets not turn this thread into the bunch of gossips
Asanty is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 02:14 PM   #3717
country flag Ksenia.
The fire still burns.
 
Ksenia.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,118
Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoana R. View Post
Has anyone started they're normal shedule? I start school tomorrow I don't know how I'll be able to cope after two weeks of this

I have an exam in 10 days but the next semester starts on 11 February, so I am free to decide what I do until then and when I study for the exam
__________________
Whatever you do now,
the world still turns.
http://oi50.tinypic.com/zmyuj9.jpg
Ksenia. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 02:17 PM   #3718
country flag jameshazza
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 11,676
jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

My exams start on Wednesday, I haven't really looked at Wednesday's yet but it's a repeat and is handy enough. I've 3000 words for English to be handed in tomorrow though.
__________________
Yuryevna,
Always
jameshazza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 02:20 PM   #3719
country flag PimpMePova
Senior Member
 
PimpMePova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,293
PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksenia. View Post
I have an exam in 10 days but the next semester starts on 11 February, so I am free to decide what I do until then and when I study for the exam
I'm still in high school so I can't do this next two weeks I'll have exams on physics ,algebra ,geometry and english
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 02:29 PM   #3720
country flag Ksenia.
The fire still burns.
 
Ksenia.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,118
Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute Ksenia. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoana R. View Post
I'm still in high school so I can't do this next two weeks I'll have exams on physics ,algebra ,geometry and english
High school sucks in this sense, you can't really manage your time. On the other hand though, the studying is so blah, I feel like three years of high school were easier than any given semester in uni
I don't even want to name subjects I did exams in this semester, people will be so scared they'll never come back to this thread
__________________
Whatever you do now,
the world still turns.
http://oi50.tinypic.com/zmyuj9.jpg
Ksenia. is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios