Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3 - Page 247 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 06:17 AM   #3691
country flag Reptilia
`

Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

But I'm just working for 10 days then got 2+ weeks off again so guess I can't complain
Reptilia is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 06:21 AM   #3692
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
Ppl get defensive with Maria haters, I think that's very normal and expected
The post you quoted wasn't about Maria's haters, it was about people that have mentioned she might be gay or bi.
It shows something if you're getting confused with these two different things.
Kon. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 06:37 AM   #3693
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty24 View Post
The point isn't even about if she's a lesbian or not, it's about the fact that people get so defensive when ever someone mentions the fact that she might be gay or bi.

And how exactly does her behavior around people prove that she's straight?
What are you saying? That Maria is dating guys to not show her gay vibes.
I'm really confused.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 06:39 AM   #3694
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
As I said it's not because me or anyone else has a problem it's just that they think it will annoy her fans. It annoys me because they think that by branding her a lesbian they're demeaning her. Yeah a lot of people think she may be gay/bi including some fans. Personally, she's never given me lesbian vibes but I agree she could be bi, although I don't pass many remarks on rumours about female athletes because almost everyone except for the known sluts have gay rumours circulating about them at some stage. That is the media's way of trying to belittle them. That's what gets to me, the fact that some people think they can belittle Maria by saying she's a lesbian. There is nothing belittling or demeaning about being bi/gay whatsoever. So I find it insulting when other people try to make it seem like there is.

About the ATP thing, my fave is Nadal so I wish he was gay.
But yeah, if people were trying to demean him by circulating rumours about his sexuality or whatever I'd be annoyed. I've no problem with people saying they think anyone is gay/bi. I just have a problem when they try to make it seems like it's some sort of shame/scandal etc. I'm not really sure how the ATP thing is relevant although I get the impression you took the wrong message from my earlier posts so hopefully I've made things clearer.

Although admittedly, people trying to demean Maria for being gay would annoy me more than the same done to Rafa (but as said it would still annoy me a lot). The only reason for that is because there's a disgusting tradition of female athletes trying to be smeared with lesbian rumours etc. I find it insulting that some people still try and use sexuality as a smear campaign.
We absolutely agree on there's nothing belittling about being gay or bi but then every single time something like that is mentioned an army of Maria fans emerges trying to defend her. It's not as if every one who mentions she's gay/bi means it in a demeaning way. But it does look like most of her fans always respond to it like it's something demeaning.

Quote:
Or because there is no logical reason/evidence to claim she is and that those ppl say stuff that is meant to be negative about her the vast majority of times.
What? I was talking about something very specific.
You're telling me now that if someone claims a woman is a lesbian without evidence they're doing it just because they hate her? And just because the stuff some people say about her is usually negative does it automatically make this claim negative too? Or is it negative anyway?
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 06:43 AM   #3695
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptilia View Post
But I'm just working for 10 days then got 2+ weeks off again so guess I can't complain
Jealous
Andy. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 06:48 AM   #3696
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwall. View Post
We absolutely agree on there's nothing belittling about being gay or bi but then every single time something like that is mentioned an army of Maria fans emerges trying to defend her. It's not as if every one who mentions she's gay/bi means it in a demeaning way. But it does look like most of her fans always respond to it like it's something demeaning.

You're telling me now that if someone claims a woman is a lesbian without evidence they're doing it just because they hate her? And just because the stuff some people say about her is usually negative does it automatically make this claim negative too? Or is it negative anyway?
I don't know but when someone like Jimmie, Altcinze or whatever says that they love to rile up Masha fans its really hard to believe the stuff they're saying about Maria.
And like its been said there is zero evidence that she is, it doesn't bother us if she is bi/gay but believing this just because of one photo or because some trolls says so is really reaching.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 07:00 AM   #3697
country flag Dominic

Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The post you quoted wasn't about Maria's haters, it was about people that have mentioned she might be gay or bi.
It shows something if you're getting confused with these two different things.
It shows something if you didn't see the obvious link there. A lot of ppl that say she's a lesbian or bi are her haters, and they're the ones who started that rumor out of nothing.
Dominic is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 07:00 AM   #3698
country flag Kon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
I don't know but when someone like Jimmie, Altcinze or whatever says that they love to rile up Masha fans its really hard to believe the stuff they're saying about Maria.
And like its been said there is zero evidence that she is, it doesn't bother us if she is bi/gay but believing this just because of one photo or because some trolls says so is really reaching.
First of all, I've never anywhere on this forum claimed Maria is a lesbian. This isn't at all about this, it's about the reactions from some of her fans. Which like I said in a post above are negative regardless of whether the person who mentions she might be gay/bi is a hater, a fan or neither.
Even if someone who's known to dislike her says something like that, I don't get the concept of fans needing to defend her for the very simple reason that there's nothing bad with being gay and therefore there's nothing which she needs to be defended about.
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 07:04 AM   #3699
country flag Dominic

Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are you serious? Do you seriously not get that some Maria haters say she's a lesbian just to bother her fans and they do mean it in a negative way I don't think there is anything wrong with being homosexual, I am myself, but not everyone think sthe same.

Why else would they say she's gay with no evidence at all then when 100% of the stuff they post about her is negative and a criticism?
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 07:07 AM   #3700
country flag Kon.

Quote:
It shows something if you didn't see the obvious link there. A lot of ppl that say she's a lesbian or bi are her haters, and they're the ones who started that rumor out of nothing.
Now you're just saying things that aren't true.
Maybe you haven't come across the rumours before so this is new to you but I don't get why you all keep talking about that Jimmie person when there's been a lot of other people that have said that. Like I've said like 3 times in this thread already some are fans, some are haters, some don't care about her.
Plus stop making up shit, you already admitted to not knowing how the rumor was started.
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 07:15 AM   #3701
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute
Also I am friends with Jimmie, and while he is a troll who loves to rile up Maria fans, I can tell when he is being serious or no. He was serious about Maria, it was not hating on her, in fact he was even hoping to be wrong as many gay celebrities keep it a secret just for endorsements and PR.

And I agree with Wonderwall, it has always bothered me to read all those "Nadal looks so gay" "Dimitrov is obv gay let's be real" but to actually feel offended when someone might be saying Maria is gay... Not only her haters are claiming it. In fact there were insistant rumours, so some Maria haters/fans and some people who are indifferent to her may have their own opinion on that issue.

Really, sorry Dominic but your bullshit about butch lesbians on GM irked me this morning. I am not even a lesbian but this was just insulting, especially coming from a gay.
debby is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 07:25 AM   #3702
country flag Dominic

Quote:
Originally Posted by debby View Post
Really, sorry Dominic but your bullshit about butch lesbians on GM irked me this morning. I am not even a lesbian but this was just insulting, especially coming from a gay.
What on earth are you talking about!? I cannot believe what I'm reading here

Are you denying that there are stereotypes about lesbians in this world?? There are stereotypes about everything and everyone Debby, why would you be in denial about that. Do I support or belive any of these stereotypes? NOT AT ALL. I just said Maria does not fit the butch lesbian stereotype, that's all.
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 07:27 AM   #3703
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
What on earth are you talking about!? I cannot believe what I'm reading here

Are you denying that there are stereotypes about lesbians in this world?? There are stereotypes about everything and everyone Debby, why would you be in denial about that. Do I support or belive any of these stereotypes? NOT AT ALL.
Actually you did. By saying Maria was too feminine to be a lesbian or something.

There are stereotypes but that does not mean it is the truth.
debby is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 07:28 AM   #3704
country flag Dominic

Quote:
Now you're just saying things that aren't true.
Maybe you haven't come across the rumours before so this is new to you but I don't get why you all keep talking about that Jimmie person when there's been a lot of other people that have said that. Like I've said like 3 times in this thread already some are fans, some are haters, some don't care about her.
Plus stop making up shit, you already admitted to not knowing how the rumor was started.
Ok just keep denying that some ppl who say that are haters and do try to demean her and annoy her fans by saying that. I do know it was haters who started it, I just don't see any logic or evidence behind it.
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 07:29 AM   #3705
country flag Dominic

Quote:
Originally Posted by debby View Post
Actually you did. By saying Maria was too feminine to be a lesbian or something.

There are stereotypes but that does not mean it is the truth.
Never said that

I just said I agreed with that

I gotta say it's pretty disrespectful to accuse someone of thinking a certain way when all you base yourself on is one quote which you totally misinterpreted (misread actually cause it was quite clear from my post that I was talking about stereotypes, not what I actually think)
Closed Thread