Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3 - Page 234 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2013, 12:49 AM   #3496
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

I was saying I wanted to see that earlier. Looks really good.
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 6th, 2013, 12:53 AM   #3497
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBV. View Post
I'm not here to troll or flame you guys. But I would like to clarify some stuff. I don't want the trolls who already hate me to dominate the narrative about me.

There is an obvious cultural difference between myself and many people on TF. I come from a culture where "shit-talking"/making fun of one another about EVERYTHING is normal and a part of everyday life, and I bring that with me on the board. But I understand everybody is not the same way, if I offended some of the legitimate SS posters, my bad. Slutlio knows my sense of humor, Deborah should know, Craig knows too. When I play around in GM and say things, its really all in good fun. Besides the like, two posters who have said despicable things about me, the vast majority of you are alright, even if I disagree with you on some things.

I don't care what the troll posters say or think about me, this is for the legitimate posters like deborah, doomsday (who is legitimate ~50% of the time ), and the large majority of you all. I'm not going to get into the racial stuff because thats just fodder for the trolls who are angry with me because of my political opinions, but I just wanted to clear that up. I do not hate white people, some of my best friends and mentors in real life are white.
I'm sorry, but this isn't going to fly You may have been joking about that thing about Maria and the burning crosses last night (I don't know, I didn't see it), but there have been many times where you've said stuff things like "Siberian Skinheads" and called us ALL (or atleast the vast majority of us) racist, in contexts where you're clearly NOT joking. Such as that argument last summer or whenever about watermelon, a serious argument where it was obvious that you WEREN'T joking or "shit-talking" when you were accusing us of being racist.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 12:54 AM   #3498
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I'm not here to troll or flame you guys. But I would like to clarify some stuff. I don't want the trolls who already hate me to dominate the narrative about me.

There is an obvious cultural difference between myself and many people on TF. I come from a culture where "shit-talking"/making fun of one another about EVERYTHING is normal and a part of everyday life, and I bring that with me on the board. But I understand everybody is not the same way, if I offended some of the legitimate SS posters, my bad. Slutlio knows my sense of humor, Deborah should know, Craig knows too. When I play around in GM and say things, its really all in good fun. Besides the like, two posters who have said despicable things about me, the vast majority of you are alright, even if I disagree with you on some things.

I don't care what the troll posters say or think about me, this is for the legitimate posters like deborah, doomsday (who is legitimate ~50% of the time ), and the large majority of you all. I'm not going to get into the racial stuff because thats just fodder for the trolls who are angry with me because of my political opinions, but I just wanted to clear that up. I do not hate white people, some of my best friends and mentors in real life are white.
Awwwwww If I could, I would hug you.

Of course I know. I already told you by PM on Twitter. I have never really thought you were racist, how many times I have disagreed with Dominic on that issue, and you gurl know that I genuinely enjoy our debates and our jokes.

I know I came across as someone who kinda doubted you, and I apologize. I knew it was a joke of course , but like I told you, I was quite speechless lol and was a bit confused (not Domi's arguments but the Kansmen and "I am racist and I admit it" things). Should have known better. so I apologize in that regard.

I swear I didn't even read that post before messaging you on Twitter I prefered to talk to you in private before calling you the biggest racist ever lol.
debby is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 12:57 AM   #3499
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
debby your instagram name

Why is it funny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
Also guys The Impossible is a must see. Be warned though, it took every shred of reserve to not let those tears fall. Watts truly is flawless.
Oh gosh. That's exactly what my BFF told me. Is it about a tsunami right?
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 12:59 AM   #3500
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by debby View Post
Why is it funny?
it's so french
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 01:00 AM   #3501
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
Well I didn't see what was posted so I can't really say much about it.

The only thing I will say, although I'm sure it will only add to it, is that all posts alluding to Maria as racist or as some symbol of racism really do annoy me. More than anything else. I know the American media thought she would be' the next white great' etc. but Maria came to the States as Eastern-European trash. She is a shrewd woman, she's more than aware of how all the rich upper class whites regarded and treated her when she first went to the US. I'm sure she gets as much satisfaction when those people rim her arse as when Serena is listening to racist journalists/commentators rimming her arse. I just find it to be the most demeaning thing you can do with regards to Maria. Maybe it's just me personally, but it annoys me more than anything else and I find it to be the most insulting thing.

Anyway I'm not sure I would label LBV as racist, just coming from my own experience and discussion in the NT 'Racism?' thread. Whenever he's made derogatory posts about 'whites' to me it's always been clear that he was talking about 'white racists'.

Anyways that's just my two cents, and as I said I'm not fit to sit here and go into specifics when I didn't see the posts in question.
In the thread, NashamAsha(sp) posted a gif from the Exorcist I think, saying this is what Vika dreamed of the night before she pulled out of the SF vs Serena. So then, someone asked "I wonder what the Siberian Siren dreams of?" and I posted this gif:

I thought 'Siberian Siren' was referring to the SS subforum, not Maria herself. I don't think that Maria is a racist. It was just a joke referring to the whole Olympics stuff that happened on TF. I felt like, if I, as a black person, could laugh at an image of burning crosses, surely everybody else would deal! But thats not the case, I see now. People got mad and called me a racist and a horrible person, check my sig quote.

And you're right about Maria, its not her fault and I have no ill will towards her as a person. I don't want her hurt, injured, or anything bad to happen to her, I'm not gonna egg her if I see her. I think that sometimes the way shes treated is symbolic of lots of things that are unfair about the world, but thats not Maria's fault and has no bearing on her as an individual. I'm not this horrible, evil person that a few trolls are heavily invested in making me appear as, because they disagree with my political opinions.
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 01:02 AM   #3502
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I'm sorry, but this isn't going to fly You may have been joking about that thing about Maria and the burning crosses last night (I don't know, I didn't see it), but there have been many times where you've said stuff things like "Siberian Skinheads" and called us ALL (or atleast the vast majority of us) racist, in contexts where you're clearly NOT joking. Such as that argument last summer or whenever about watermelon, a serious argument where it was obvious that you WEREN'T joking or "shit-talking" when you were accusing us of being racist.
Totally forgot about that. Now that was a mess. I don't remember explicit details (wasn't the thread deleted or something?), but it was several posters who were giving us (or Pova stans in general) shit for being racist, not just LBV.

I just wish everyone could at least be civil

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 01:03 AM   #3503
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
OK. Well if I offended you with my sarcasm/humor, my sincere apologies hun.
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 01:04 AM   #3504
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In the thread, NashamAsha(sp) posted a gif from the Exorcist I think, saying this is what Vika dreamed of the night before she pulled out of the SF vs Serena. So then, someone asked "I wonder what the Siberian Siren dreams of?" and I posted this gif:

I thought 'Siberian Siren' was referring to the SS subforum, not Maria herself. I don't think that Maria is a racist. It was just a joke referring to the whole Olympics stuff that happened on TF. I felt like, if I, as a black person, could laugh at an image of burning crosses, surely everybody else would deal! But thats not the case, I see now. People got mad and called me a racist and a horrible person, check my sig quote.

And you're right about Maria, its not her fault and I have no ill will towards her as a person. I don't want her hurt, injured, or anything bad to happen to her, I'm not gonna egg her if I see her. I think that sometimes the way shes treated is symbolic of lots of things that are unfair about the world, but thats not Maria's fault and has no bearing on her as an individual. I'm not this horrible, evil person that a few trolls are heavily invested in making me appear as, because they disagree with my political opinions.

I know. That's why I didn't refer to you personally until the end of the post. Others suggested that was the meaning behind the gif but obviously I wasn't gonna' comment when I didn't see it in context. I just thought I would state how those posts make me feel in general.

Thanks for shedding light on the context though.
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 01:05 AM   #3505
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
Totally forgot about that. Now that was a mess. I don't remember explicit details (wasn't the thread deleted or something?), but it was several posters who were giving us (or Pova stans in general) shit for being racist, not just LBV.

I just wish everyone could at least be civil
If I remember, it was because people in SS were defending SilverSlam/giving him the benefit of the doubt when he made that statement, when he was legitimately being racist. But at the end of the day, its just the internet, and who really cares?
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 01:12 AM   #3506
debby

Quote:
If I remember, it was because people in SS were defending SilverSlam/giving him the benefit of the doubt when he made that statement, when he was legitimately being racist. But at the end of the day, its just the internet, and who really cares?
Actually I am grateful for SilverSlam.
I had no idea about these stereotypes, I never heard nor used them so I didn't understand why all of a sudden he mentioned watermelons and chickens (too accurate to be random)
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 01:12 AM   #3507
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You should know better than anyone how easy it is to try and pass off something offensive as merely "humour". By the same logic, the person who made the "lynching" joke about you (one of the few things where imo you actually were right to be angry at a Siberian Siren poster) could try and claim you shouldn't be offended because they were only joking and weren't really planning to do it. It may have been a joke to them, but it was a joke at your expense and referencing something that's offensive. And I don't see why it's any different here.

Quote:
OK. Well if I offended you with my sarcasm/humor, my sincere apologies hun.
I'll admit I may have overreacted when I accused you of trying to threaten me, although you didn't put in any smilies/gifs/exclamation marks/anything else that would signify that you were joking so that was why I misunderstood.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 01:16 AM   #3508
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think we all need to remember that.

But people here are uber-sensitive (I mean this website, not this subforum specifically), and I think we just need to watch what we say.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Old Jan 6th, 2013, 01:19 AM   #3509
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Apologies are accepted and everything is settled, sis.

Time to regularly come here and cheer for the legitimate heiress of the Lord with all of us in SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
Can't grab a Slam, grab cash then
Charlatan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 01:21 AM   #3510
country flag Stonerpova
`

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickfalsetto View Post
Apologies are accepted and everything is settled, sis.

Time to regularly come here and cheer for the legitimate heiress of the Lord with all of us in SS
This

Your only true offense has been appointing Vika as Serena's heir

Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Closed Thread