** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3 - Page 92 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 9th, 2014, 02:34 AM   #1366
country flag Cecig

Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

Maria Sharapova's French Open win proved she's the toughest athlete in sports

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/06/mari...halep-toughest

Maria Sharapova "is an angel off the court" by his physiotherapist

https://translate.google.ru/translat...xtor%3DRSS-176

https://twitter.com/Ce_Giovanniello
Cecig is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 9th, 2014, 02:57 AM   #1367
country flag tennis_ace

tennis_ace is a glorious beacon of light tennis_ace is a glorious beacon of light tennis_ace is a glorious beacon of light tennis_ace is a glorious beacon of light tennis_ace is a glorious beacon of light tennis_ace is a glorious beacon of light tennis_ace is a glorious beacon of light tennis_ace is a glorious beacon of light tennis_ace is a glorious beacon of light tennis_ace is a glorious beacon of light tennis_ace is a glorious beacon of light

Looking forward to Wimbledon!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ten...-wimbledon.ap/

Maria Sharapova looks ahead to Wimbledon

PARIS (AP) - With red clay still staining her shoes and socks, Maria Sharapova is already getting ready for the toughest transition in tennis.

Sharapova won her second French Open title in three years on Saturday, beating Simona Halep 6-4, 6-7 (5), 6-4 in the final at Roland Garros. It's her fifth Grand Slam title overall and it comes 10 years after her first, which she won on the grass of Wimbledon.

''Doesn't matter,'' Sharapova said, already thinking ahead to the next few weeks. ''Wimbledon is right around the corner, and that's what I'll be working for.''

Clay is the slowest surface on the tennis circuit, and the one that used to give Sharapova the most trouble. Before her shoulder surgery in 2008, she had won each of the other three major titles once, but she struggled on the clay in Paris, once famously referring to herself as a ''cow on ice'' when playing on the surface.

But now 27 and the owner of two French Open titles, those days are behind her. Sharapova is 20-1 over the last three years at Roland Garros, and has won 20 straight three-set matches on the surface.

None of that matters now, though, because it's time to turn her attention to Wimbledon, the site of her first major title and the focus of her hopes for a sixth.

''I don't care what my results were in the past. You start from a clean slate,'' Sharapova said, looking ahead to the tournament that starts on June 23 at the All England Club in southwest London.

''That's how I go into a Grand Slam. I don't think that I've won it before, because when you have the mentality that you've won it, then it gets boring. You have to go out there hungry and want to compete for more.''

Although Sharapova won again in Paris this year, it was far from her best tennis. She still struggles with her serve, and had 12 double-faults against Halep. She had nine doubles in the semifinals, and eight in the quarterfinals.

But she still manages to find a way to win, even dropping sets like she did in each of her four last matches at Roland Garros.

''My mentality is that the match is not over after the first set, no matter if I win it or lose it,'' Sharapova said. ''If I'm doing good and if I'm playing the right way and I won the first set, I need to continue that. I cannot think too far ahead. The same way with being down and losing a set.''

Against Halep, Sharapova was two points from victory in the tiebreaker, but the fourth-seeded Romanian won four straight points to even the match.

That didn't get Sharapova down.

''She's an extraordinary competitor,'' said 1978 French Open champion Virginia Ruzici, Halep's manager and the only Romanian woman to win a Grand Slam title. ''I put her in the same category as (Rafael) Nadal or Serena Williams, players who give nothing away, who fight, who want it so much, and who play their best tennis when it matters.''

The next time it will matter this much will be at Wimbledon, and Sharapova will have a new set of shoes and socks at the ready. Just like 10 years ago.

''Even though you always remember those incredible moments of holding that trophy,'' Sharapova said, ''you got to try to erase that from your mind, because you got to create new ones."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ten...#ixzz346hP8z1W
tennis_ace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2014, 05:11 AM   #1368
country flag Sharakim
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future

Lol check out this horrible and hilarious article about Maria's win, written by most likely a REE-TARDED HATER!

source link here

Sharapova win sure to raise Serena’s ire
WILL SWANTON TENNIS THE AUSTRALIAN JUNE 09, 2014 12:00AM

SCHADENFREUDE isn’t the name of Germany’s Fed Cup captain. It’s the joy obtained from witnessing the failures of others, and it’s alive and kicking like Lew Hoad’s second serve in professional tennis.

The opposite to schadenfreude is freudenschade: the stab of bitterness experienced when success is achieved by someone you would rather see falling flat on their pretty little face.

When Maria Sharapova survived the classic, three-hour-and-two-minute battle against Romanian Simona Halep in the final of the French Open, when she steamrolled through the last eight points to win 6-4 6-7 6-4, collapsing on to the court in full-blown diva mode before striding to the presentation like Miss World about to receive her sash or Adam Scott about to slip into a green jacket, someone out there was suffering a death of a thousand cuts: Serena Williams.

Sharapova’s lioness-hearted run at Roland Garros was theatre in itself, but we ain’t seen nothing yet. Wait for Wimbledon.

Williams will be on the war path. She doesn’t mind bombing out at a major as long as Sharapova isn’t the one who ends up hugging and kissing the trophy. That’s Williams’ job. She could live with Li Na winning the Australian Open. She doesn’t feel threatened by her.

Ditto for Halep. But ever since Williams lost to Garbine Muguruza in round two in Paris, put your money on this, Williams would have been thinking: Anyone But Sharapova. For the round-four clash against Stosur … Anyone But Sharapova. Against Muguruza in the quarter-finals … Anyone But Sharapova. Against Eugenie Bouchard in the semi-finals, oh no, another Sharapova, but still, Anyone But Sharapova. In the final, according to Williams: Anyone But Her.

Match point to Sharapova. Her squealing was sounding desperate. As though when she struck the ball she was yelling, Please! The big serve. Please! The forehand down the line. Please! Halep scrambled but her defensive lob was falling wide to draw the curtain on the second-longest women’s final at Roland Garros, just two minutes shy of Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario’s thriller against Steffi Graf in 1995.

“I can’t believe it,” Sharapova said. “I never thought seven or eight years ago that I would win more Roland Garros titles than any other slam. This tournament is a dream to me. I’m so emotional right now that I can’t even talk.”

It was Sharapova’s fifth major championship. Never has such a popular player been so unpopular. She stalled throughout a fantastically seesawing affair, dawdling between points to halt Halep's momentum, benefiting from the umpire lacking the teeth to penalise her. Her go-slow tactics at crucial periods turned the crowd strictly anti-Russian. When she double-faulted to make it 4-4 in the deciding set, the Parisians roared their approval before she stalled again, feeding off the animosity, ripping through the final eight points with a barrage of thunderous forehands and venomous serves.

“Just when I thought I was very close to winning it … you find yourself in a position where you feel like you’re starting over, which is quite difficult,” Sharapova said. “I just took a moment to reflect and try to think of the things that I was doing to hurt her. I knew that she was playing well. It was a very physical match. It’s such an emotional victory for me. As I get older, I appreciate these situations so much more. You just kind of let go and realise you’ve won another grand slam, and Roland Garros at that.”

The Sharapova files: one Wimbledon title, one US Open, one Australian Open, two French Opens. “If somebody had told me that at some stage in my career I’d have more Roland Garros titles than any other grand slam, I’d probably go get drunk,” she said. “Or tell them to get drunk, one or the other. You’re not just born a natural clay court player. Maybe if you’re Nadal. But certainly not me. I didn’t grow up on it, didn’t play on it.

“I just took it upon myself to make myself better on it. There is no one else that was going to do that for me. I had to do the work. There’s no substitute to putting in the effort, putting in the work.”

Sharapova’s Wimbledon campaign in a fortnight will coincide with the 10th anniversary of her victory at the All England Club as a rather wide-eyed 17-year-old. And it’s only been one year since the claws came out with Williams. Their feisty little spat started when Sharapova said it was no surprise that Wiiliams had such a big serve because, well, take a look at her. Williams had told an interviewer with Rolling Stone: “There are people who live, breathe and dress tennis. I mean, seriously, give it a rest. She begins every interview with ‘I’m so happy. I’m so lucky' — it’s so boring. She’s still not going to be invited to the cool parties. And, hey, if she wants to be with the guy with a black heart, go for it.”

Williams was talking about Sharapova’s boyfriend, Grigor Dimitrov. Who was Williams’ boyfriend before her relationship with French coach Patrick Mouratoglou. “If she (Williams) wants to talk about something personal, maybe she should talk about her relationship and her boyfriend that was married and is getting a divorce and has kids,” Sharapova told a press conference on her first day at Wimbledon last year.

Williams was eliminated in round four at the Championships. The silver lining: Sharapova had already departed in round three. Another win for schadenfreude.
Sharakim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2014, 05:27 AM   #1369
country flag Define

Define is a name known to all Define is a name known to all Define is a name known to all Define is a name known to all Define is a name known to all Define is a name known to all Define is a name known to all Define is a name known to all Define is a name known to all Define is a name known to all Define is a name known to all
^Wow what misogynist drivel.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Define is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2014, 05:52 AM   #1370
country flag nectar69

nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold

I can't believe anybody would allow that to be printed. That was awful. Completely unprofessional. I don't like Serena, but, as a writer, I would never write something like that about her.
nectar69 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2014, 06:11 AM   #1371
country flag malarkist

malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute

it's entertaining actually.

it plays on the general consensus/ assumption of the real state of serena and maria's relationship
malarkist is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2014, 12:10 PM   #1372
country flag Fan de Tennis

Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by malarkist View Post
it's entertaining actually.

it plays on the general consensus/ assumption of the real state of serena and maria's relationship
Maybe, but that remains a pathetic and an unprofessional work by someone who is paid (and well paid) for that. Maria is ultra professional in what she has to do tennis wise and he lacks of respect for her work.

But in the end, you know, I know, everybody knows that Maria don't care about what this kind of journos think or write.
Fan de Tennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2014, 01:31 PM   #1373
country flag LoveMasha2008

LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Sven Groeneveld ‏@tennis_sven 2h
Thanks @NeilHarmanTimes pic.twitter.com/V1uH1W5OW9
Old Jun 9th, 2014, 02:06 PM   #1374
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharakim View Post
Lol check out this horrible and hilarious article about Maria's win, written by most likely a REE-TARDED HATER!

source link here

Sharapova win sure to raise Serena’s ire
WILL SWANTON TENNIS THE AUSTRALIAN JUNE 09, 2014 12:00AM

SCHADENFREUDE isn’t the name of Germany’s Fed Cup captain. It’s the joy obtained from witnessing the failures of others, and it’s alive and kicking like Lew Hoad’s second serve in professional tennis.

The opposite to schadenfreude is freudenschade: the stab of bitterness experienced when success is achieved by someone you would rather see falling flat on their pretty little face.

When Maria Sharapova survived the classic, three-hour-and-two-minute battle against Romanian Simona Halep in the final of the French Open, when she steamrolled through the last eight points to win 6-4 6-7 6-4, collapsing on to the court in full-blown diva mode before striding to the presentation like Miss World about to receive her sash or Adam Scott about to slip into a green jacket, someone out there was suffering a death of a thousand cuts: Serena Williams.

Sharapova’s lioness-hearted run at Roland Garros was theatre in itself, but we ain’t seen nothing yet. Wait for Wimbledon.

Williams will be on the war path. She doesn’t mind bombing out at a major as long as Sharapova isn’t the one who ends up hugging and kissing the trophy. That’s Williams’ job. She could live with Li Na winning the Australian Open. She doesn’t feel threatened by her.

Ditto for Halep. But ever since Williams lost to Garbine Muguruza in round two in Paris, put your money on this, Williams would have been thinking: Anyone But Sharapova. For the round-four clash against Stosur … Anyone But Sharapova. Against Muguruza in the quarter-finals … Anyone But Sharapova. Against Eugenie Bouchard in the semi-finals, oh no, another Sharapova, but still, Anyone But Sharapova. In the final, according to Williams: Anyone But Her.

Match point to Sharapova. Her squealing was sounding desperate. As though when she struck the ball she was yelling, Please! The big serve. Please! The forehand down the line. Please! Halep scrambled but her defensive lob was falling wide to draw the curtain on the second-longest women’s final at Roland Garros, just two minutes shy of Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario’s thriller against Steffi Graf in 1995.

“I can’t believe it,” Sharapova said. “I never thought seven or eight years ago that I would win more Roland Garros titles than any other slam. This tournament is a dream to me. I’m so emotional right now that I can’t even talk.”

It was Sharapova’s fifth major championship. Never has such a popular player been so unpopular. She stalled throughout a fantastically seesawing affair, dawdling between points to halt Halep's momentum, benefiting from the umpire lacking the teeth to penalise her. Her go-slow tactics at crucial periods turned the crowd strictly anti-Russian. When she double-faulted to make it 4-4 in the deciding set, the Parisians roared their approval before she stalled again, feeding off the animosity, ripping through the final eight points with a barrage of thunderous forehands and venomous serves.

“Just when I thought I was very close to winning it … you find yourself in a position where you feel like you’re starting over, which is quite difficult,” Sharapova said. “I just took a moment to reflect and try to think of the things that I was doing to hurt her. I knew that she was playing well. It was a very physical match. It’s such an emotional victory for me. As I get older, I appreciate these situations so much more. You just kind of let go and realise you’ve won another grand slam, and Roland Garros at that.”

The Sharapova files: one Wimbledon title, one US Open, one Australian Open, two French Opens. “If somebody had told me that at some stage in my career I’d have more Roland Garros titles than any other grand slam, I’d probably go get drunk,” she said. “Or tell them to get drunk, one or the other. You’re not just born a natural clay court player. Maybe if you’re Nadal. But certainly not me. I didn’t grow up on it, didn’t play on it.

“I just took it upon myself to make myself better on it. There is no one else that was going to do that for me. I had to do the work. There’s no substitute to putting in the effort, putting in the work.”

Sharapova’s Wimbledon campaign in a fortnight will coincide with the 10th anniversary of her victory at the All England Club as a rather wide-eyed 17-year-old. And it’s only been one year since the claws came out with Williams. Their feisty little spat started when Sharapova said it was no surprise that Wiiliams had such a big serve because, well, take a look at her. Williams had told an interviewer with Rolling Stone: “There are people who live, breathe and dress tennis. I mean, seriously, give it a rest. She begins every interview with ‘I’m so happy. I’m so lucky' — it’s so boring. She’s still not going to be invited to the cool parties. And, hey, if she wants to be with the guy with a black heart, go for it.”

Williams was talking about Sharapova’s boyfriend, Grigor Dimitrov. Who was Williams’ boyfriend before her relationship with French coach Patrick Mouratoglou. “If she (Williams) wants to talk about something personal, maybe she should talk about her relationship and her boyfriend that was married and is getting a divorce and has kids,” Sharapova told a press conference on her first day at Wimbledon last year.

Williams was eliminated in round four at the Championships. The silver lining: Sharapova had already departed in round three. Another win for schadenfreude.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2014, 02:51 PM   #1375
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold
That article is like some poster from GM wrote it
And mentioning again "black heart" is so last year and low.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2014, 04:48 PM   #1376
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Maria Sharapova
PARIS, FRANCE
M. SHARAPOVA/S. Halep
6‑4, 6‑7, 6‑4
THE MODERATOR: Questions in English, please.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Ahhhhhh. (Hugging trophy.)
(Applause.)

Q. Congratulations, Maria.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Thank you.

Q. How do you find the keys to change the match in the hard moments for you? You always do that.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: There were a lot of different keys and there were a lot of ups and downs in the match. Just when I thought I was very close to winning it, I had lost four points in a row. Then the match becomes equal. Then you find yourself in a position where you feel like you're starting over, which is quite difficult. I just took a moment to reflect and try to think of the things that I was doing to hurt her and the things that were giving me an advantage in the game.
I knew that she was playing well, and despite all that ‑‑ despite that it was a very physical match, I still wanted to continue to try to do those things well no matter how frustrating it was to lose that second set. I came out well. We broke each other a few times. That's the story.

Q. What a relief at the end of the match. How do you describe what you felt in your head, in your body, in your heart at this moment?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: It's such an emotional victory for me in my career. You know, I have been in many Grand Slam finals, and every one feels very different. I feel like as I get older I appreciate those situations so much more. When it's over, after it being such an emotional match, everything
just kind of lets go. You just realize you won another Grand Slam,
and Roland Garros at that.

Q. This was the tournament that took you, of the four Grand Slams, the longest to win, and now you have won it twice. Do you have any thoughts of why it's happened that way?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I'm with you on that one. I didn't actually I didn't think if somebody had told me that I'd win at some stage in my career that I'd have more Roland Garros titles than any other Grand Slam, I'd probably go get drunk (Laughter.) Or tell them to get drunk, one or the other. Yeah, it's really amazing. I feel that I worked to get to this position. There's nothing else. There is no substitute in these titles. You can't just go out there and just do it without putting in the effort, putting in the work. You're not just born being a natural clay‑court player. Okay, maybe if you're Nadal. But certainly not me. I didn't grow up on it; didn't play on it. I just took it upon myself to make myself better on it. There is no one else that was going to do that for me. I had to do the work.

Q. You have talked a lot about your team the last couple weeks. You had those great moments on the court today. You took a lot of care to build that team. Can you talk a little bit about how they brought you to this moment?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, every single one of my team members have done an incredible job. Some are new; some have been there for a while.They have just been so encouraging. I have been through a few different teams in my career, many different people, some coaches, physios, trainers. I have said this from I think the offseason I had never been more happy with the way that everyone has worked together. No matter the situation, no matter how tough it wa
(mobile phone interruption).
Nice song. (Laughter.)
We had really tough moments and so many questions. Last year at the end of the year I was traveling around Europe, trying to finda solution to getting my shoulder better. I didn't have a coach at the time. When we all got together and little by little started working together I‑‑ no, I realized that there was really good energy, and it just felt so different to‑‑ not that anyone ‑‑it's like everyone worked together, and this is such a huge piece of the puzzle as a professional athlete. You are the one competing, but the team atmosphere is so important.
You know, the voices that are constantly there for you from is a Sven to even role as a hitting partner, someone who has been with me a couple of years already. My fitness coach has been there for years and has helped me tremendously on the surface. A new physio that just spends hours and hours trying to work through new ways to get my shoulder stronger and better on the massage table. They work so hard, and I really respect that.

Q. You said that after the Indian Wells loss that it was a bit of a regrouping time with you and your team, getting the training block and all that. When you sat down after that tournament, was it an explicit goal to win the French?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No. I had never thought about the French. But it was a really tough moment, because it wasn't that I had lost the matches ‑ because you're human, you're bound to lose matches ‑ but I just felt like I was losing them the wrong way. I was not playing the way that I should have been playing. I had a terrible attitude on the court. You have so many people around you working for you, and then you just go out and do that. I wasquite disappointed.
I knew that that attitude and that dedication had to change for me, because I'm the one that's out on the court. I didn't set myself a French Open goal. I just wanted to perform better. I really did. Because that was really lacking.

Q. You're the first Russian who wins twice the same slam, men and woman. I'd like to know, what are you more proud of and what do you remember of the other slams? Because of course Wimbledon was the first, but this has been the biggest fight. All the other finals you won in two sets. The is only one you won in three. It's also 20 wins in a row on clay when you get to the third set.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: It's the most emotional victory for me. The toughest one physically that I've come across in a final, especially a Grand Slam. There is not too many finals that you get past three hours. With all that said, you know, to look back seven or eight years and to think that I would be in that position, I would come through against an opponent that makes you play and hit and run and hits so many shots and recover in conditions that start from cold to being warm today. So much adversity is thrown at you, and I'm just proud I came through and I adjusted in all different situations and I end up with this (Pointing to trophy.) (Smiling).

Q. You had your arm around the trophy. It played hard to get for you. What's your relationship with the trophy? How would you describe that?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: My relationship? It's cute, but I don't get to keep it actually. The one I get to keep is really like mini me cutie patootie.
Yeah, I wish I could keep the big version, but it's probably too expensive (Laughter). I might have to steal it (smiling).

Q. Obviously today was such a triumph, so emotional, but 10 years ago you had your breakout over Serena, Centre Court. Just talk about how you can compare ‑‑it's difficult, I know‑‑ but how can you possibly compare the two, the teen and the mature woman?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: It's incredible to be sitting here 10 years after my first Grand Slam win, and to think that I now have five. I don't know what else to say. You know, at that stage you're 17 years old, and of course you think it was a great tournament, obviously. Can I do that again? Can I win more majors? You always have those question marks. So to sit here 10 years later and have five under my belt and to keep going, it's quite emotional. I mean, I'm still a bit speechless about the victory today.

Q. Match point when you hit the forehand and the ball went high, at that time were you sure the ball is going out, and what kind of thoughts went through your mind when you are waiting for the ball?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, otherwise I'd have to get up from my knees very fast and pretend like I did a fake fall (smiling.) Yeah, I think it was wide by quite a bit, so I was correct on that one. But I think just everything kind of comes together. There is not much time to think. I think just let go of everything, because so much happened in the match and in those three hours. When it's all over, it's just, like, Finally, it's over. And in a good way.

Q. You declared after the match it was the toughest final of Grand Slam.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Uh‑huh.

Q. What did you think about your opponent today?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, I think you saw the level and the quality of tennis that she's able to produce and has been playing with throughout this whole tournament and this whole year. She certainly deserved to be at this stage. She pushed me to the limit today.
Yeah, I mean, she's been extremely consistent. She's going to be 3 in the world now. I think her results speak for themselves. There is a reason why she was out there today and had a huge chance to win.

Q. There was a warning in the second set. How conscious were you of how long you were taking to serve? How much is that a reflection how much pressure Simona was putting on you during the game?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I think the rules are a bit different at the Grand Slams, and I just feel like I might have to speed it up a bit at these tournaments than other tournaments because the rule is a bit different.

Q. You held that trophy like it's your baby, and it's a precious thing. With everything we have seen in Paris, is this the thing you want most?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Is this the thing that?

Q. You want most.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I want most?

Q. You want most.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: When I'm in Paris, of course (Laughter.)
When I'm in London, no. When I'm in Paris, absolutely. There is a reason why I haven't been to one shop while I have been in Paris. It's because I want this. I haven't eaten many macaroons, either. It's because I want this. So all those things contribute.

Q. I think this tournament was probably one of the toughest women's tournaments in recent times. Some very, very close‑fought matches. A few youngsters have come through. Can you talk to us about the state of the women's game and how good you think it is now?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I mean, it's interesting when the draw comes out. Everyone is in there. It's a mixture of, you know, older generation, newer generation, and some people that are somewhere in the middle probably, like me. You know, there is always the favorites. There is always the
underdogs. There's always the young ones that people are looking towards and believe will be the rising stars. I think this tournament has proven to be that. There were some upsets in the beginning. I know from the beginning of the tournament everyone came in my press conference, and the first thing they said, Well, you're going to be facing Serena in the quarterfinals. What a tough draw. What bad luck you have. We haven't even played the first round yet. So from that tough luck in the draw to being the French Open champion is a very nice feeling. That's why I say when the draw comes out, nothing is set in stone. We still have to go out there and play our matches. But I think you've seen a lot of different matches. For me, it's been a very physical tournament, one of the most physical Grand Slams I have ever played.

Q. Even in the third set you pushed so hard, as if like this will to win and your forehand was still so aggressive. Do you still think there can be more net our volley game in Paris, women's tennis? Today there were almost no volleys in the match at all. Like do you feel like you can maybe also elevate your game in this sense?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I'm not somebody who looks to come to the net and hit three, four, five volleys. I find myself playing well when I end the points towards the net or hitting a swing volley or finish the point off at the net.
That didn't happen today, because credit to my opponent, somebody who gets so many balls back and deep and uses your pace extremely well and doesn't really give you many short balls, to be honest. You have to create that for yourself. On a surface like this, that's quite difficult. Maybe on a bit of a faster surface that would be easier.

Q. So many players have decided to skip their worst surface when it comes around the calendar throughout history. What does it say about you? You did the opposite and worked so hard to make this one your best when you could have just thrown in the towel a little bit on it.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I don't think my dad would be very happy if I ever told him I didn't consider the French Open very seriously. I think he'd be very upset about that. It wasn't that ‑‑okay, I didn't grow up on the surface. It's not like I didn't like it. I learned so much on the court with the point construction, in and out of the court, and you really do learn. Sometimes not too good. But I just never quite felt comfortable with it. To turn that mentality around, I think my biggest problem at a younger age was that I always felt like I had to finish the first few rounds quickly and not go out on the court and be free and just have that attitude of being out there for however long it takes. Because I knew that if the first few rounds were tough, I just didn't physically have a chance as the tournament went on. That helped so much mentally confidence‑wise, and that's what I think has changed.

FastScripts Transcript by ASAP Sports
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#108.
Three Hands Titles Montreal, Tokyo 2014
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2014, 06:44 PM   #1377
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Q. You said that after the Indian Wells loss that it was a bit of a regrouping time with you and your team, getting the training block and all that. When you sat down after that tournament, was it an explicit goal to win the French?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No. I had never thought about the French. But it was a really tough moment, because it wasn't that I had lost the matches ‑ because you're human, you're bound to lose matches ‑ but I just felt like I was losing them the wrong way. I was not playing the way that I should have been playing. I had a terrible attitude on the court. You have so many people around you working for you, and then you just go out and do that. I wasquite disappointed.
I knew that that attitude and that dedication had to change for me, because I'm the one that's out on the court. I didn't set myself a French Open goal. I just wanted to perform better. I really did. Because that was really lacking.

^^^^^^^

Wow. What an incredible athlete she is. Truly dedicated to this sport. Passion. Attitude. All.
Lol at haters who were talking She is done, I don't like her working ethics anymore, she only cares of Sugarpova, and etc.
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2014, 07:58 PM   #1378
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I was quite annoyed at the start of the year when people kept saying she was focused too much on Sugarpova and her boyfriend. Since the clay season has started I've heard none of that anymore...

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2014, 08:00 PM   #1379
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Amazing answers from Maria once again, especially the one already pointed out by Asanty about IW and her attitude. I remember very clearly how we were all cringing at those longing looks to her books and her overall composure on the court. And she turned that around completely in a matter of months

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2014, 08:31 AM   #1380
country flag buian

buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light

Maria Sharapova is the face of Avon Luck

EN Star Style - Maria Sharapova is the new face of Avon Luck fragrances.

The Russian tennis player, who won her second French Open title on Saturday, has joined forces with Avon Products Inc. to front campaigns for their latest scents for men and women.

Maria also contributed to the concept of Luck and helped come up with the tag line “Celebrate Life’s Good Fortunes.” She shot the ads for the products in the idyllic countryside of Northern England.

"Luck is a big part of my life," Maria smiled to WWD.“I’ve always thought of beauty as such a sensational part of being a woman.

“It’s that moment that you have with yourself. It’s the last touch, and the last step."

Vice president of global fine fragrances at Avon, Danielle Bibas, cites Maria as the perfect choice for the venture

“Maria is an amazing athlete and businesswoman who has had lots of success in life,” Danielle said. “She has this sophisticated natural beauty. She’s someone who really exudes happiness.”

Maria has already dipped her toes into the world of beauty in the past, having released a signature scent with Parlux Fragrance and boasting the title of co-owner of sun defence range Supergoop. Even though she is just 27, the blonde racket-pro is keen to take on new projects.

“I am a very passionate person — passionate and competitive. I always try new things and I’m never afraid of failing. I find drive in many things and I enjoy the creative process," she added.

The scents will cost $30 for Her and $28 for Him. They'll be available in Europe from September before being launched in North America in October and Asia-Pacific in November.
buian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote