** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3 - Page 91 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 3rd, 2014, 09:45 PM   #1351
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 3rd, 2014, 09:50 PM   #1352
country flag Chokerpova
WG

Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future

I love this woman so freaking much Her face expression after she said "Sorry, I don't know who Judy Murray is"
Old Jun 3rd, 2014, 10:14 PM   #1353
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

The teabeag thing.. Geezz.. Masha!
Old Jun 3rd, 2014, 11:12 PM   #1354
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollPova View Post
Oh my God she sounds like she gives zero fucks about what Judy Murray says about her, even when it's a compliment
I can tell by your attitude.....your nose does not resemble Bill Murray's at all. More like Arthur Murray's.
Old Jun 3rd, 2014, 11:12 PM   #1355
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold

That 'teabag' question would have had a funnier response had it been asked by someone from UK with an English accent. That chinese accent was lost on Maria from the beginning. I only understood it because I saw it on twitter otherwise I would have been lost too. It is how you say it that has an impact. Basically, I think she was just lost and confused by the question thus giving the impression of 'who cares'.

The question could have started like this.....Judy Murray, Andy Murray's mum twitted......

By the way, I love seeing Maria in yellow.

Last edited by Advantage Me : Jun 3rd, 2014 at 11:18 PM.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2014, 07:08 AM   #1356
country flag buian

buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light

TENNIS 2014 ROLAND GARROS Ė 3rd of June. M. Sharapova d. G. Muguruza 1-6, 7-5, 6-1. An interview with Maria Sharapova

Q. You did it again. But what did you think after that first set loss?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, a few things. I thought I didnít do much in the first set to hurt her. She was doing many things well.

I also knew that the match wasnít over. I still had a fair bit of time to change things around. You know, little by little I started playing a bit better, started getting in the court a little bit more, playing a little bit more aggressive, serving better than I did in the first set, returning as well, giving myself more looks at break points.

So just a combination of a few things. It was tough not to win that game at 3 1. I think that would have gave me a bit more confidence. I was a game away from losing it. I was very happy with the way I came through.

Q. It can look different from the outside than how you guys are playing it, but where did that match turn for you? Where do you think?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Itís tough to say on this one. I mean, the first set I just didnít feel like I was giving myself a chance to play out there. We didnít have many long rallies. It was just two or three ball rallies, and I was late.

I mean, she was playing very aggressive and hitting shots very deep. I just didnít have much to say to that in the first set.

I think as I started returning better and also serving, I mean, getting first serves in, against an opponent like that who is playing with so much confidence, you canít just keep giving them looks at second serves all the time. Itís just not going to help you in the quarterfinal of a Grand Slam.

As easy as that sounds, itís much tougher to do that in that situation. I was able to do that. Once I got those break points, once I got the break, even thought she broke back, I started feeling like I was in the match again.

Q. 5 All in the second she goes up 30 Love, and then you reel off two unreturnables and a winner to break there. It seemed like things really, really turned there. Were you aware of that being a particularly important point in the match? What was going on?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think there are a lot of important points. I could say the same things about the forehand that I missed at break point, 3 1, 30 40, and itís a big point. If I lost that match, I would be kicking myself in the bottom for that point.

But of course when your opponent is up 30 Love and you get that game back, you know, 30 Love on serve when sheís serving quite well, Iím sure she feels like she has a good chance of getting that game in the bag, and all of a sudden Iím serving for the set.

Q. When Garbine beat Serena, she did it quickly; I think in a little over an hour. Match started off quickly for you losing the first set. What were you doing to slow it down and change the pace where you could get a foothold and stop her momentum? How much of that is actually slowing down the match and taking more time between the points to gather yourself?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, apparently itís not, because then you get a warning (smiling).

I think for me it was about a lot of the games in the first set she was always up 30 Love, 40 Love, and then Iíd win a point or two. Then sheís the one with the confidence. You never are giving her a chance to think.

In the second set, when youíre making her, you know, hit a second ball after her serve or when youíre being a bit more aggressive on the second serves, taking a bit more chances, all of a sudden, you know, sheís not hitting so freely.

I think that changes a little bit. But itís a combination of the way you feel and also that little pressure that she begins to feel.

Q. Judy Murray just tweeted Sharapova is like a tea bagÖ

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Who is that?

Q. Judy Murray. Andyís mom.

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Okay. Sorry. I didnít know who Judy Murray is.

Q. I will quote: Sharapova is like a tea bag. Put her into hot water, and youíll find out how strong she is. People usually call you a fighter. How about being a tea bag?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Can you explain that to me?

Q. You donít drink tea?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I love tea.

Q. Put the bag in hot waterÖ

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Iím a big tea drinker. I donít understand what she means.

Q. Hot water. In hot water. Water getsÖ

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Thatís great. Sheís very creative (smiling). I guess she could have put it many different ways, and she chose the English version.

Q. How about it? Fighter and tea bag? You canít relateÖ

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think itís better to ask her than me. Obviously she has a better sense of whatís going on out there (smiling).
buian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 05:32 AM   #1357
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

TENNIS 2014 ROLAND GARROS Ė 5 of June 2014. M.
Sharapova d. E. Bouchard 4-6, 7-5, 6-2.
An interview with Maria Sharapova

Q. The last three matches you played here were all like thriller
matches high tensions, critical moments, comebacks. Can we say
that in a way this was maybe even better to build yourself
confidence maybe even more so than winning easier matches?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, I would love to win those matches in
two sets, but I always feel like I put in the work to be ready to
play whatever it takes. If it takes three hours to win the match in
three sets, I will be ready for that.
If I have a match thatís easier and a more convincing win, then I will
take that, as well.
But I will do whatever it takes. If I donít start good, if I lose the
first set, Iím going to be there until the end.

Q. What did you feel was the difference between the first set
and the two sets that you won? Did you make any adjustments
after the first set that you think made a difference?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I think there were a few key
moments in the match. I think getting that break back in the first
was important, but then giving it right back to her was sloppy on
my part and not what I had wanted to. I think I started to do
things much better and returned better, being more aggressive,
and then after I lost that game obviously she didnít feel the
pressure anymore.
So it was a very tight second set. I had my chances. Had some
match points. I was happy that I was able to break her and win
that set. It was a great game for me.
And in the third I thought I was the aggressive one. I stepped up
and I was doing things that I had wanted to do, which was I feel
maybe I should have done earlier.

Q. You played her twice about this time last year. Obviously we all
know sheís a better player. In what ways did you sense sheís an
improved player now?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think sheís a bit more aggressive than
maybe before. Her technique is a little different. I think she throws
a lot of weight into her shots and creates a lot of power by doing
that.
You know, sheís definitely improved since I played her here last
year, but, you know, itís tough to evaluate right now after only
being away from the court for an hour just battling it out and
trying to find my rhythm and my game.

Q. You found your serve back in the third set. What happened
at that point in the match? Was it just a timing issue?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I had some trouble with my
rhythm. Yeah, actually in some moments it let me down, but in
some moments it backed me up.
So, yeah, it will be definitely something I work on tomorrow and
improve for the next match.

Q. Youíre a great fighter. I would like to know that if you think
to be a slow starter is something youíre not used to or that
youíre becoming this now, or if is just a coincidence? Or you think
that you have tension because maybe youíre thinking youíre the
favorite of the tournament? I donít know. There is any reason, in
your opinion, that for three times in a row, more or lessÖ
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, definitely in these last matches I
have lost the first set, but I have lost them in different ways. I
feel that today, you know, once I got the break up I should have
been the one that was playing more aggressive tennis and she
should have been the one that was a bit more under pressure.
I happened to play a sloppy game and she served it out well.
Thatís the end of the set right there. Every situation is
different.
You know, at the end of the day, itís not how you finish a first
set. Itís how you finish the last set.

Q. You have used a lot of energy and probably adrenaline to get
to this point, so I want to sort of check in to see where your
energy is and how youíre feeling physically. Where does this rank in
terms of the Grand Slam finals youíve reached in terms of
difficulty?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I feel I have played a lot of tough
matches in this clay season, and I think thatís benefited and helped
me because I have been pushed in different situations.
I know in some matches I have started out really strong where I
have been, you know, sloppy in the beginning and I have had to
come back. Some have gone really deep in the third set.
With that in mind and knowing that Iíve got through most of
them and winning two titles gives me a lot of confidence.
Energy wise, thatís what I have worked for, physically is to be in
these types of situations where I can finish a match like this.
I played three matches, two before this, and in the end of todayís
third set, I still feel like I can play another one.
Thatís something I didnít have a few years ago, and I have
improved. Obviously there is one more to go.

Q. Where does this rank as far as the difficulty of getting to
another Grand Slam final in terms of your career?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, I think after not playing for five
or six months, when you start winning a couple of titles and you
get to the finals of a Grand Slam, itís easy to forget that you
were away from the game and that youíre battling an injury.
Itís nice to sort of think back at that time and think where you
came from and you got yourself back in this position.
Iím very proud, because I worked hard to get myself injury free,
and I had to work through some tough losses in the beginning of
the season that I didnít want to accept. I worked through them, I
worked hard, and Iím in this position giving myself a chance.
As a tennis player, thatís what Iím personally proud of more than
anything.
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#29
PAW Rank:#29 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#81.
Three Hands Titles Montreal, Tokyo 2014
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 08:59 AM   #1358
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold

Wow Maria. So eloquent in her answers. I love reading them.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 12:51 PM   #1359
country flag Fan de Tennis

Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advantage Me View Post
Wow Maria. So eloquent in her answers. I love reading them.
+1. As she maintains her top 10 rank, I hope she'll play more relaxed in the final and won't start her match slowly again.
Fan de Tennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 03:04 PM   #1360
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

Mainly for the title (albeit a bit "obvious")

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story...ottle-in-paris
Abuttons is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 07:08 PM   #1361
country flag buian

buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light

An interview with... Maria Sharapova
Friday, June 6, 2014

Q. Apart from your opponent tomorrow and your opponent yesterday, do you get the feeling, as many of us do, that there is a whole new wave of young talent coming into the women's game, more so than we've seen for a number of years?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Absolutely. I think this tournament has showed and displayed that throughout the whole two weeks. I got a chance to play against two of them in this tournament, and both played at a very high level.
I think that shows many good things to come from the young generation.

Q. On Simona specifically, who you're playing tomorrow, some people have compared her to Kim Clijsters, the way she moves and takes the ball early. Have you noticed any similarities to her or anybody else you've played in the past?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, we played a few weeks ago, and it was a very, very tough match. I was happy to get through that one, because we hadn't played in a long time since then.
Her level has definitely increased in the last year. With the way she's been playing, she's always a difficult player to play against. I think she's playing really well. She hasn't dropped a set this tournament.
Despite all that, I'm in a Grand Slam final. No matter who is across the net, I feel it's a great opportunity for the both of us. I'll be there until the very last point.

Q. Some people are still getting their heads around Simona and she's going to be top 3 into the final. Can you explain what is it that she does so well? Tough match in Madrid; you're able to come back and win that one. What is it exactly that she does?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think in the last year she's proven that's she's able to have great results consistently. And in terms of ranking and where she's positioning herself, I think that's a very great quality in a player, to be able to be so consistent from week in week out.
I think she won six titles last year. That's pretty impressive. So obviously to be in that position, I mean, she deserves that. That's a position I want to be in, you know, so I'm gunning for that.
But I think she has a very solid game. She is a very physical opponent. Always a very physical match against her, and you must be ready to play however long it takes to win the match against her.

Q. So in this tournament you're not necessarily playing your best all the time, but you show such determination to win. What's this title mean for you?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I always think that within two weeks of a Grand Slam, of course you always want to play your best tennis. You try to perform as well as you can.
I've had some really tough matches where I've been pushed. In the last three matches especially. A lot of times in my career I've felt better coming off those matches knowing that I might not have played my best tennis or just didn't feel as great as maybe I should have or done the right things, but I came through and I'm finding myself playing for another major.

Q. You never need an extra motivation or anything like that. All this talk about the younger set and this new generation coming through and breaking through... I think Roger Federer on the men's side, because there is the same sort of thing happening over there said, 'Well, but the same guys are winning big tournaments. Can we really be talking about a breakthrough?' Motivation-wise, is it even a little bit on your mind? Like, 'I would like to kind of close the door and show that the veterans are still the ones ruling this tour?'
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I'm not here to prove that or try to show that. I just want to take care of my business.
As I've said, I played two very young girls that have been playing extremely well and have had a great tournament.
Do I want to give them the chance to go further in the tournament? Absolutely not. But not because I want to prove something or show them that they're not the next generation. They're playing great tennis.
But because I want to be the winner of that particular match. I want to go further. No matter if I'm a veteran, I don't care what generation I'm in. I work too much to just let the match go because they're part of a newer generation. (Smiling.)
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 03:48 AM   #1362
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buian View Post
Q. You never need an extra motivation or anything like that. All this talk about the younger set and this new generation coming through and breaking through... I think Roger Federer on the men's side, because there is the same sort of thing happening over there said, 'Well, but the same guys are winning big tournaments. Can we really be talking about a breakthrough?' Motivation-wise, is it even a little bit on your mind? Like, 'I would like to kind of close the door and show that the veterans are still the ones ruling this tour?'

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I'm not here to prove that or try to show that. I just want to take care of my business.As I've said, I played two very young girls that have been playing extremely well and have had a great tournament. Do I want to give them the chance to go further in the tournament? Absolutely not. But not because I want to prove something or show them that they're not the next generation. They're playing great tennis. But because I want to be the winner of that particular match. I want to go further. No matter if I'm a veteran, I don't care what generation I'm in. I work too much to just let the match go because they're part of a newer generation. (Smiling.)
YASSSSSSS tell them!
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 05:00 AM   #1363
country flag Sharapower

Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future Sharapower has a brilliant future

Tennis journalists questions in players pressers are one of those facts of life that makes you lose faith on mankind.
Sharapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 06:50 PM   #1364
country flag buian

An interview with... Maria Sharapova
Saturday, June 7, 2014

Q. How do you find the keys to change the match in the hard moments for you? You always do that.

MARIA SHARAPOVA: There were a lot of different keys and there were a lot of ups and downs in the match.
Just when I thought I was very close to winning it, I had lost four points in a row. Then the match becomes equal. Then you find yourself in a position where you feel like you're starting over, which is quite difficult.
I just took a moment to reflect and try to think of the things that I was doing to hurt her and the things that were giving me an advantage in the game.
I knew that she was playing well, and despite all that despite that it was a very physical match, I still wanted to continue to try to do those things well no matter how frustrating it was to lose that second set.
I came out well. We broke each other a few times. That's the story.

Q. What a relief at the end of the match. How do you describe what you felt in your head, in your body, in your heart at this moment?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: It's such an emotional victory for me in my career. You know, I have been in many Grand Slam finals, and every one feels very different. I feel like as I get older I appreciate those situations so much more.
When it's over, after it being such an emotional match, everything just kind of lets go. You just realize you won another Grand Slam, and Roland Garros at that.

Q. This was the tournament that took you, of the four Grand Slams, the longest to win, and now you have won it twice. Do you have any thoughts of why it's happened that way?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I'm with you on that one. I didn't actually I didn't think if somebody had told me that I'd win at some stage in my career that I'd have more Roland Garros titles than any other Grand Slam, I'd probably go get drunk (Laughter.) Or tell them to get drunk, one or the other.
Yeah, it's really amazing. I feel that I worked to get to this position. There's nothing else. There is no substitute in these titles. You can't just go out there and just do it without putting in the effort, putting in the work.
You're not just born being a natural clay court player. Okay, maybe if you're Nadal. But certainly not me. I didn't grow up on it; didn't play on it. I just took it upon myself to make myself better on it.
There is no one else that was going to do that for me. I had to do the work.

Q. You have talked a lot about your team the last couple weeks. You had those great moments on the court today. You took a lot of care to build that team. Can you talk a little bit about how they brought you to this moment?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, every single one of my team members have done an incredible job. Some are new; some have been there for a while.
They have just been so encouraging. I have been through a few different teams in my career, many different people, some coaches, physios, trainers. I have said this from I think the offseason I had never been more happy with the way that everyone has worked together.
No matter the situation, no matter how tough it was (mobile phone interruption).
Nice song. (Laughter.)
We had really tough moments and so many questions. Last year at the end of the year I was traveling around Europe, trying to find a solution to getting my shoulder better. I didn't have a coach at the time.
When we all got together and little by little started working together I no, I realized that there was really good energy, and it just felt so different to not that anyone it's like everyone worked together, and this is such a huge piece of the puzzle as a professional athlete. You are the one competing, but the team atmosphere is so important.
You know, the voices that are constantly there for you from is a Sven to even role as a hitting partner, someone who has been with me a couple of years already. My fitness coach has been there for years and has helped me tremendously on the surface.
A new physio that just spends hours and hours trying to work through new ways to get my shoulder stronger and better on the massage table. They work so hard, and I really respect that.
Old Jun 9th, 2014, 02:34 AM   #1365
country flag Cecig

Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of

Maria Sharapova's French Open win proved she's the toughest athlete in sports

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/06/mari...halep-toughest

Maria Sharapova "is an angel off the court" by his physiotherapist

https://translate.google.ru/translat...xtor%3DRSS-176

https://twitter.com/Ce_Giovanniello
Cecig is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote