** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3 - Page 89 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 2nd, 2014, 03:48 PM   #1321
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

Quote:
TENNIS 2014 ROLAND GARROS – 1st of June 2014.
M. Sharapova d. S. Stosur 3-6, 6-4, 6-0.

Q. What a comeback. How did you manage to get through? In the second you had the break and you lost it and you come back.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I thought Sam played a really good first set. With all that said, I had five break points and I didn’t convert one of them.
Against a player that’s a very good server that uses her serve as a weapon to set up points, you don’t take advantage of those particular moments and she gains a lot of confidence from that and swings and keeps serving well.
So I didn’t feel like I was really putting any pressure on that. Maybe not taking enough chances and not really going for it in those particular moments, which gave her the opportunity to keep doing that and playing with confidence.
Yeah, it was unfortunate that I gave that break back in the second set, because I thought I had a good start. But overall, I’m happy with the way I finished. I think that’s, you know, the most important thing for me.

Q. A lot of emotion there in the third set. At the end you were running through that. What was that all about? For a fourth round match, seemed like a lot of energy.
MARIA SHARAPOVA
: Why wouldn’t there be? I’m in a Grand Slam fourth round. I lost in the fourth round in Australian Open. I lost the first set playing an opponent that’s played a great tournament so far.
There is no reason why I should be walking around with my head down.

Q. Do you think you’re a merciless competitor?
MARIA SHARAPOVA:
I’m not sure. I love competing. That’s one of the best parts of the sport. Gives me the greatest pleasure, and I don’t think anything else in life can give me that. I’m using that to my advantage while I can.

Q. You would have played Serena in this round. You get Muguruza next. You said last press conference you thought it was fair to be considered the favorite at this point. How do you see the rest of the tournament going for you?
MARIA SHARAPOVA
: I don’t want to talk about after that because I’m not in that position yet. I just finished my fourth round just an hour ago, and then the next one I have is an opponent that’s had, you know, one of her best slam runs so far and someone that we have heard about for a couple of years, up and coming.
This is certainly her breakthrough tournament, and she’s playing with all the confidence. That’s going to be a challenge for me. But that’s what I love about this game.

Q. Novak was here right before you, he was asked about your friendship. He said there were two Marias, the one on the court and the one off the court. Maybe people don’t realize how you’re different, how different you are off court. Do you feel like this, that there are two Marias? It’s a conscious effort to compartmentalize like this?
MARIA SHARAPOVA:
I treat my career and my work as a very serious profession, and I know that what has got me my success is the fact that I’m a big competitor and that I don’t want to give anyone a chance. I was never here from day one to make friendships. This is a battlefield for me, and I want to win.
I think you see that passion when I’m on the court. That’s my job. That’s how I feel. I try to tough it out. I try to grind it out, whatever it takes. Sometimes it’s not very pretty, but at the end of the day, if I get the job done, I’m happy.
When I’m away from the courts it’s a very different story, even though I’m very competitive and I don’t like to lose in many things. Yeah, I’m certainly not like that as I am on the court.

Q. Your relationship with the clay has evolved over the years. Champion, finalist, now quarterfinalist, maybe more. How would you describe that relationship now?
MARIA SHARAPOVA:
My relationship started out slow. It was very ugly in the beginning. It was a big learning process for me, and I took it upon myself to get better, to physically improve, because I figured I’d have no chance if I ever wanted to achieve something on this.
I didn’t want to be a player like I saw some examples of players just coming here, and if they won a first round or if they saw a name in the first round and it said Spain or Argentina next to that name, they knew they didn’t have a chance.
I didn’t want to be that player. I knew that Wimbledon was my goal always, and it was a tournament I always looked forward to. But when I was at the French Open I was there to play the French Open.
With that said, I needed to do a lot of things to improve, and I think little by little I tried to make that transition.

http://www.ubitennis.com/english/201...t-parts-sport/
Yeah Wimbledon is the best GS in my mind
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#109.
Three Hands Titles Montreal 2014
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 2nd, 2014, 04:44 PM   #1322
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

I just love reading her pressers and hearing her thoughts. She has a very good perspective on life in general, not just tennis. And every word she said here is true. She's one of the fiercest competitors this sport has ever seen

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you

Last edited by Tennisvampire : Jun 2nd, 2014 at 05:12 PM.
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2014, 05:05 PM   #1323
country flag atominside

atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future

I love this girl
atominside is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2014, 06:38 PM   #1324
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold
Omg she is still suffering for wimbly... for god sake i wish for her to win one more time at SW19 couz in every interview she says how much she loves wimbly

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2014, 08:32 PM   #1325
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

^^ This so much
Old Jun 2nd, 2014, 08:35 PM   #1326
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

I accepted a long time ago that she is never winning Wimbledon ever again
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2014, 10:33 AM   #1327
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold

Maria will make a great commentator of sorts. I love all her answers at press conferences. So mature and interesting. The only time I didn't like and thought it was rather unnecessary was when she answered to Serena's supposedly remark re her and Grigor. It was unnecessary for Maria to bitch on Serena's relationship with Patrick. I felt that was uncalled for especially when Serena said she had already apologised to Maria.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2014, 11:31 AM   #1328

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

^^ Maria was just making the point that if you talk about people's personal lives, they're going to talk about yours - Serena let it drop, because she knew she had to accept the return. You give it out, you have to take it, and then leave it at that
Old Jun 3rd, 2014, 12:32 PM   #1329
Mrs. Dimitrova
#CareerSlamPova

Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute

She sucks at Wimbledon nowadays but she still wants it TBH.
Mrs. Dimitrova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2014, 02:31 PM   #1330

I still don't buy that she's crap on grass. 2011 - final, 2012 - knocked out by Lisicki, who can take anyone on her day (on grass), and made the Olympics final, 2013 - anomaly.
Old Jun 3rd, 2014, 03:47 PM   #1331
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
I still don't buy that she's crap on grass. 2011 - final, 2012 - knocked out by Lisicki, who can take anyone on her day (on grass), and made the Olympics final, 2013 - anomaly.
I mean, I don't think she's complete crap, and I think she could make one or two more Wimbledon semifinals or maybe a final, but I just think there's always going to be some players at the latter stages who are better than her on grass. She can't even really do her grinding B-game on grass which can sometimes save her on clay and hardcourts, because her movement on grass is so bad and her groundstrokes are so unreliable on it with how low the bounce is (especially her forehand).
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2014, 03:57 PM   #1332
country flag atominside

atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future

I think wimbledon had just been unfortunate for maria these past few years. I think its just coincidence. I mean 2007 - Venus , 2008- Shoulder, 2009 - litetally just came back from a 9mth layoff, 2010 - serena, 2011 - streaky but made final ,2012 - Lisicki/ French Open Burnout, 2012 Olympics - Goodplay bar final, 2013 - Return of shoulder injury
Old Jun 3rd, 2014, 03:58 PM   #1333
country flag atominside

Still think shes no.2 fave on grass
Old Jun 3rd, 2014, 04:31 PM   #1334
country flag Cecig

Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of

https://twitter.com/Ce_Giovanniello
Cecig is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2014, 04:45 PM   #1335
country flag atominside

Maria