** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3 - Page 76 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 07:49 PM   #1126
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

Huh, that's odd then. I still think she'll play, as long as the hip is fine - she only played 6 matches in all in Australia, and there have been no bad signs regarding the shoulder... I think she knows she needs matches, she said as much in her press conference
Advertisement

Old Jan 24th, 2014, 03:42 PM   #1127
country flag AniaSharapova

AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold

We will have WTA All Access Hour again

Quote:
#WTALive All Access Hour presented by @XeroxCorp is back! Tuesday from @OpenGDFSUEZ--> http://bit.ly/1hq6TSL pic.twitter.com/sGCMdPEZtP
Quote:
Tweet @WTA your questions for @MariaSharapova, @Petra_Kvitova, @SaraErrani, @AngeliqueKerber & special guest @Bartoli_Marion using #WTALive!
AniaSharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 05:04 PM   #1128
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Why is Marion vulturing all these WTA events
Old Jan 27th, 2014, 12:22 PM   #1129
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Sorry for the translation from French, Google did it for me.

Maria Sharapova, how do you feel since that defeat and the injury to the Australian Open ?

I feel good , I cut a few days and it did me good. I am happy to come back here and also find the indoor . You know after five months without playing I should expect to go through it . And I also suffered the consequences of matches played from the beginning of the tournament, but this is the game and it's part of the recovery program as well. I should not expect me to win everything upon my return .

Your service you again caused problems in Australia: Is it also just a matter of time ?

My shoulder has responded very well , so it was a really good test. My service has obviously been affected by the injury and this forced break, and then when we come back we must also be careful. I still work on my service action to relieve a little my shoulder because I intend to play long.

What was the contribution of Sven Groeneveld your new coach ?

I love his vision and what he wants to advance in my game The transition was very simple and it's been years and it is on the circuit, which also helps . He often coached against me and it is an advantage now it is in my team. I appreciate the information he gives me and I think these details can make the difference.'' ''

Sugarpova your brand is among the sponsors of the tournament here: a new turn ?

Yes, it has developed an incredible way in the past 18 months, even if I feel like it's so much longer because all the hard work by our team. We are now distributed in 25 countries and is part of France , but this is the first time you sponsor a tournament. This is a pretty unique feeling to see the logo of the brand on center court ! This is still a new page in my career and it makes me happy to see that the hard work of our small team was able to make this brand a worldwide success that continues to evolve.What do you do when you're in Paris ?There are so many ways to enjoy this city , regardless of the time . And then I spent enough time in the heat in recent weeks so I 'm not against a bit of winter. It's also nice to see the city outside Roland - Garros: I trained there and it was so empty and quiet ... This is a pretty unique experience. But I love Paris and there is so much to do with culture, food, shopping. This is quite dangerous also for me (laughs).

You will be in Sochi for the Olympics and working with NBC : what significance does this it for you?

I only go there for a week but it was a unique opportunity. When recovered Sochi Games it was a dream come true for the country and for me too because I lived there and I always go to the family. I spoke of this city for years, but nobody knew where it was. I hope this will change. I will give this city for NBC , I will be present in reports but also in the studio. I will also be present on the opening ceremony , which will be an amazing experience and an honor. After I repeat the workout at home in Indian Wells and Miami. "
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2014, 01:05 PM   #1130
country flag Cecig

Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of

[b]Exclusive tips from Maria Sharapova on ‘How to become a champion’. [/B]

Don’t have any regrets. “If you’re thinking of doing something, really go for it. If you have any incredible opportunities or chances, you really want to take them, because you don’t want to look back after however many years and think that you weren’t there when you wanted to be, whether that’s physically or mentally. It’s important to give everything you have, and to commit to the sport.”

From a young age, you need discipline. You need to sacrifice a lot. “The moments that you look back to – if you are victorious – are the moments when you really knew that it was tough, and that you had to push yourself. That you faced adversity and showed that you can dig deep. I look back at those moments and think, ‘yeah, that was tough, but I got through it’. Friends would have sleepovers at the weekend, and I would have a tennis tournament on the weekend, and wouldn’t be able to join them. As a young girl, that’s a huge deal. Even to this day, my friends have vacations in the summer – they’re going off on holidays – and I’m playing the French Open and Wimbledon back-to-back so my holiday doesn’t come until November when the season’s over. Maybe my life isn’t as normal as my friends’ lives, but the great thing is that my friends respect that, and we always make it work.”

Enjoy every experience. “Or at least try to. Enjoy the good experiences, enjoy the not-so-good experiences. Enjoy it all. It’s a lot of fun, but it’s all a roller-coaster. There are going to be lots of ups and downs. Take it all in. Learn from everything.”

Become mentally stronger with every experience. “I don’t think you can teach someone to think like a champion. I think you have to have that mentality. I think you can learn how to be stronger mentally. You can learn how to control your emotions a bit better. But you can’t teach someone to think like a champion. You can’t put that pressure on someone. I hope that I’ve grown as a person and as a player, that I’ve become stronger mentally and emotionally. I’m obviously a lot more experienced now than I was as a teenager. I’ve been through so much. I’ve experienced so much during my career, on and off the court.”

http://www.thetennisspace.com/sharap...me-a-champion/

https://twitter.com/Ce_Giovanniello
Cecig is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2014, 12:36 PM   #1131
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...aria-sharapova
Quote:
QUOTABLE QUOTES: MARIA SHARAPOVA

PARIS, France - Not only did Maria Sharapova bring a bag of Sugarpova into the press room to share with the journalists on Wednesday, she also gave them something to chew on with her answers...

On bringing Sugarpova to share...
"I know I promised everyone candy if I won the tournament, but I figure if I won a round I'd give you guys some candy, so you guys can share some. Sorry they only gave me one bag. We're cheap."

On balancing the expectations of Sugarpova with, well, Sharapova...
"I've had a lot of expectations throughout my whole career. This won't be the first week and won't be the last one. I've managed a lot of things in my life quite well. One of the things that has been quite important to me, that I learned from a very young age, was that I really had a passion for tennis and nothing gives me a better feeling than being a tennis player and improving at my job. But it's brought me so many great opportunities as well that I've been able to learn from. I've met talented people in very different areas that I never imagined I would work with or have the experience of meeting.

"If you can keep it very fun and enjoy the work you're doing at your daily job, you feel fresh and can have a new perspective when you go out on the court, where you're not thinking 24/7 about your job."

On speaking French...
"Well now I have a French physio, so I have no excuse, but it's a language I've wanted to learn for a long time, and I studied it for a couple of years when I was I think 10 or 11. And when I got injured, that was the first thing I did - I took classes. Everyone thought I was crazy but then I happened to win Roland Garros and I used two or three words I learned. You never know when it'll benefit you.

"I'm not that great at speaking French, but I hope I can still improve."

On the WTA's newest Top 10 player, Simona Halep...
"She had a great year last year. She's been playing really good tennis. I don't think I played her last year but she played at an extremely high level. Obviously we'll see how she does this year, but she's always had a really good presence on the tour and hopefully she can retain that level this year."

On whether she has any opponents she fears...
"It's tough to look past whoever you're playing next. I don't like to look too far ahead because every match can be a different challenge, no matter who you play, and you have to just be about that, no matter what anyone is ranked or what you're ranked. There's a reason we go out and play matches and I hope that with every match I can play better. That's my goal here - just to keep improving my game."

On whether she thinks she can get back to No.1 this year...
"It's a big challenge but that's why I'm here. That's why I play tennis - to try to be at the top."

- See more at: http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl....bmeqZGQj.dpuf
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#42
PAW Rank:#107
FITD Rank:#188.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2014, 01:57 PM   #1132
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of

At 17:00 CET (11:00 EST) the Openings ceremony in Sochi starts - The dutch newspaper AD.nl reports that Masha is going to appear in it and apparently it has nothing to do with her job for NBC - So all you Masha fans - Don't miss it
Geen Stalin, wel Sharapova in openingsshow Sotsji (translation - No Stalin but Sharapova in the openings show in Sochi)
The part that mentions Masha says: It is also clear that the tennis player Maria Sharapova has a role during the cermony

Last edited by MashaFan01 : Feb 7th, 2014 at 02:03 PM.
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2014, 02:05 PM   #1133
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if Maria will be involved in the torch lighting ceremony?
Old Feb 7th, 2014, 02:17 PM   #1134
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollPova View Post
I wonder if Maria will be involved in the torch lighting ceremony?
Well, if Vesnina could participate in carrying it... If she does, imagine the kind of honor that would be. First female Russian athlete to carry the flag in the Summer Olympics, being so involved in Sochi Olympics...

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2014, 06:04 PM   #1135
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of

And that was exactly what she did - Russia must love Masha - Flag barer in The Summer Olympics and torch barer in the Winter Games - What a tremendous honor considering that it's not like Russia lacks other great athletes - and BTW - she looked fantastic - her hair flying - running so smoothly - and although I'm obviously not Russian - I was very proud of her

Last edited by MashaFan01 : Feb 7th, 2014 at 06:16 PM.
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2014, 06:22 PM   #1136
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashaFan01 View Post
And that was exactly what she did - Russia must love Masha - Flag barer in The Summer Olympics and torch barer in the Winter Games - What a tremendous honor considering that it's not like Russia lacks other great athletes - and BTW - she looked fantastic - her hair flying - running so smoothly - and although I'm obviously not Russian - I was very proud of her
Indeed, you are absolutely right. I love the fact that Russia is so proud and fond of her, and so accepting considering that she did after all leave the country pretty early in her life to go live in the States. And I also love the fact that she is proud of her heritage and her Russian roots, and she showcases it whenever she can. And I have to add, using the word for the third time in these couple of sentences, but it's the only one that can be used, I'm proud as hell to be her fan. Not just because of today, but because of everything. She really is a complete person and a whole package

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2014, 07:30 PM   #1137
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

I have long thought that sometime....not sure what decade....Maria will play an important role in world affairs, perhaps at the United Nations.
Old Feb 7th, 2014, 07:37 PM   #1138
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsondan View Post
I have long thought that sometime....not sure what decade....Maria will play an important role in world affairs, perhaps at the United Nations.
She's already a UN Goodwill Ambassador
Old Feb 7th, 2014, 08:30 PM   #1139
country flag Ziggy88

Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light

I've forgotten all of my heartaches with Maria. I was just so proud to have witnessed her jogging and carrying the torch.. Im just too proud a fan..
Ziggy88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2014, 02:07 AM   #1140
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mor...-media-circus/

SOCHI -- Of the many boldfaced names floating through the hotel here housing NBC's on-air talent for the Sochi Games -- I can confirm Scott Hamilton is as cheerful at breakfast as he is on the air and Johnny Weir is quite skilled with a cappuccino machine -- the most famous name of all has never competed in nor covered a previous Winter Olympics.

Maria Sharapova was hired by NBC to serve as an Olympic correspondent, though the definition and responsibilities of an NBC Olympic correspondent range from Ryan Seacrest-level reporting to Mary Carillo. Sharapova, in an interview with SI.com on Friday, said she approached her NBC gig more as an ambassador for Sochi than as a sports television assignment or tryout for a future broadcasting gig.

"We never had a proper conversation about what my job description would be here but I had a lot of experiences in my childhood in this city. So on a larger scale I wanted to showcase the city to an American audience and take them around certain spots that I remembered from my childhood," said Sharapova, who was born in Siberia and moved to Sochi as a child before eventually settling in Florida at the age of 7. "I wanted [viewers] to experience Russian cuisine and give them some lighthearted pieces on the city... It's not just about television for me here; it's much more important."

Among her NBC segments: Touring Russia House in Sochi with Ato Boldon and traveling around the city with Carillo. As far as Boldon is concerned, Sharapova could have a big future in television. "Oh, there is no doubt she could do TV in a second," said Boldon, who is working as a correspondent for NBC in Sochi and is a sensational track and field analyst for the network. "The camera loves her and she is smart and very articulate. She is not too self-absorbed and I think has a good sense of who she is and who she is not. I remember once hearing her say she wanted to be a Bond girl. I doubt she would say that now."

Added NBC Olympics executive producer Jim Bell, who hired Sharapova: "Maria has tremendous potential in television when her tennis career ends and I think she'll have opportunities to consider beyond the tennis announcing booth."

Sharapova said she wanted to bring a "warmth" to the American audience about Sochi because of all the questions leading up to the games. I asked her if she thought the initial Western press coverage of Sochi -- filled with stories of incomplete hotel accommodations, gay rights issues and security worries -- were fair.

"Everyone that I have talked to has been pleasantly surprised because everyone has been hearing a lot of talk about all those issues," she said. "We can start with security: I think everyone has been thinking about this since they got here but security has been strict but very fair. I think everyone understands you want to feel safe and the committee has provided that. I think the lines have even been smoother [to get to and enter venues] than in London. This is also one of the most compact Olympics, so there's not much traffic."

Though Sharapova was only contracted for the first week of the games, NBC got a lot out of its correspondent in a short amount of time. The NBC Sports Network aired the piece she and Carillo did on touring Sochi less than 24 hours after it was initially shown on NBC. Sharapova was also part of the opening ceremony as one of the torch runners; she carried the torch into Fisht Olympic Stadium before handing it to Olympic champion pole vaulter Yelena Isinbayeva.

Said Carillo: "I love that old Ethel Merman quote about the young Mary Martin: 'She's okay, if you like talent.' Maria's a pro. She's been very successful and famous for a long time and has an enormous amount of style and self-possession. The Sharapova brand is global and growing. If she ever wanted to shift to television she could, easily and well. My guess is that she will go more in the way of Serena Williams, Venus Williams and Andre Agassi -- champions who have spent years building the rest of their lives around their passions such as clothing design, school building, etc. Athletic excellence as a springboard, not an anchor."

Sharapova said she enjoyed her experience with NBC and gained insight about television production. Beyond that, she made no declaration about a television career, and at 26 and the world's fifth-ranked tennis player, she's years away from making a decision about what she does after tennis. On Sunday she left the Olympics to begin training for her current job. She is scheduled to compete in a WTA event in Indian Wells, Ca., which begins on March 5.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote