** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3 - Page 74 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 11th, 2014, 12:47 PM   #1096
country flag AniaSharapova

AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobruiz View Post
I believe Maria when she says that Sugarpova is HER baby and that she does most of the decision-making. Maria is the one responsible for it's success. I'm not personally crazy about the candy biz but she has done a very good job with it.
Yes, I know that Sugarpova is Maria's baby and she put her heart and also so much work to make it happen and set up her own business.
By mentioning Max I meant he's also a HUGE part of this company and applause for Sugarpova's achievement should also go to him

Last edited by AniaSharapova : Jan 11th, 2014 at 12:55 PM.
AniaSharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 13th, 2014, 08:51 PM   #1097
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...aria-sharapova

Quote:
Quotable Quotes: Maria Sharapova

December 29, 2013

BRISBANE, Australia - After four and a half months out, there are obviously a lot of questions to ask Maria Sharapova - and that's what the press did on Sunday. Here's a taste of what she said...

On her recovery from the shoulder injury that kept her out...

"I'm feeling really good. I knew from the moment I withdrew from the Open that I was going to give myself the right amount of time I needed. Whether that was a week, a month, a few months, I didn't know. I'd been playing with an injured shoulder for a while, so it was important for me to take that time."

On keeping her motivation despite having won all the biggest prizes in the game...

"Certainly when you're doing it for so many years of your life there are moments where you feel like you need a pick-me-up. I didn't play for a few months, and that was the reason for me to get back out there.

"I know when I'm healthy how I can play. I needed to get healthy. That was motivation on its own."

On her new team, including new coach Sven Groeneveld...

"I have a few new team members. Obviously new coach, Sven. From the first time we met I really liked what he had to say. He came in as a very experienced person, player. One of the things I've always liked in a coach is when he coached against me - and he's been there for many years coaching against me - and I like when someone comes in and is honest and says it like it is. He's that. He puts it all out on the table. He's a team player. He works with everyone on my team, something I was missing.

"I also have a new physio this year, Jerome, who has been great, and who has also had a lot of experience with the French Federation, Amélie Mauresmo. But other than that, I think it's the same."

On the things she and Grigor Dimitrov have in common...

"We share a lot of the same things just because we have an elephant in the room that's called tennis. But there are so many other things to life besides tennis, and there are a lot more things to discuss than forehands and backhands and strings and racquets, which we share similar ideas on."

On whether her upbringing helps motivate her...

"I think part of how you grow up and the experiences you had in your childhood certainly develop your mentality and the way you think and observe life and the position you're in today. I'll always know where I came from and how I came to this position. It's a very fortunate story. Maybe some people that do the same things don't get the same results. It's always tough to see, and I consider myself very lucky. That's why I don't take anything for granted, especially since my shoulder surgery.

"I appreciate everything I get. Sometimes it's hard to look at it that way, but you have to."
I saw that this interesting interview was not posted yet

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 09:01 PM   #1098
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...umphant-return

Quote:
"It's been three or four years in the making, so when I was walking out on the court I was like, 'Whew, that took a while.' Last year I had a few practices but didn't end up playing. But it's just as exciting for me as it is for the fans that came to watch me play. I've been meaning to play this tournament for a long time. Poor tournament director, Cam - he doesn't believe it until I walk out on the court anymore!"
Love this last sentence from Maria. Poor Brisbane tournament director !

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 03:50 PM   #1099
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Quote:
INTERVIEW
Maria Sharapova 14-01-14
Tuesday, 14 January, 2014

Start of Transcribed Interview
Q. Not a bad first start. What was it like playing in that sort of heat in the middle of the night?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I knew I had a tough opponent ahead of me. You know, the conditions were tough for everyone. I think we got the least today, considering how late we played. But it was still pretty warm out there. Warm enough to have to use some ice vests.

But, you know, looking at her results in the last, you know, couple of weeks and last year and the matches that I've played against her, I knew that it was going to be a tough match.

No matter what I had to do, I wanted to get through it, and I think that's what it was about today.

Q. How did you like the vest?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: It's cool. Feels good. Makes you a little wet, but that's okay.

Q. I think you were up 4 Love and you had a couple of ball toss issues. Was it the sea gulls above? Were you worrying what they were going to drop?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: If I could use that as an excuse, then sure, go for it.

Q. Were you happy to have the late match today?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I was happy just to play, despite the heat or anything. I've been out of the game for a while, so I was happy to be back in a Grand Slam atmosphere.

Q. Were you watching the matches during the day on TV?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah.

Q. Did you feel sorry in any way for some of the players in the heat?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I noticed their facial expressions. I'm sure it was very difficult for everyone. I think everyone, except the meteorologists and the doctors, seemed to have the same opinion about the weather, so...
http://www.ausopen.com/en_AU/news/in...706064055.html
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#108.
Three Hands Titles Montreal, Tokyo 2014,
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 04:26 PM   #1100
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for posting the post match conference. Maria witty as usual.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 05:08 AM   #1101
country flag Fiercepova
JJ Project - BNior

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

Maria Sharapova R2 Press Conference
16-01-14

Q. Some people have described the courts as inhumane to play on. Others said they felt like they were going to die on court. How do you feel after that epic hot match?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, there is no way getting around the fact that the conditions were extremely difficult, and have been for the last few days.

It's a tough call. I mean, I think the question I have is no one really knows what the limit is. Not the players; the trainers themselves, when you ask them, When will the roof be closed?

No one actually knows what that number is in comparison to humidity or the actual heat. Sometimes you wish you know, because it's it just depends on I'm not sure who, a referee or the meteorologist, and there are just a lot of questions in the air that maybe, you know, should be solved.

Because I asked the trainer the other day, What does it take for the roof to be closed or matches to be stopped? She said, We have no control over this.

Q. Do you think it was unsafe to be playing out there in those conditions?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think at that point you're not thinking whether it's safe or not. You're trying to get through the match in the best possible way.

No matter how you're playing, you're trying to make it as safe as possible, yeah.

Q. Should the roof have been closed from the start of the morning, knowing it was going to be 44 degrees?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I don't know so much about from the morning. Maybe at 11:00 a.m. it wasn't as warm as towards the end of the match. But I think the question is from the second to the third set.

That's because everyone knows there is no tiebreaker in the third set, so once you start that set, you're going to be out there until you're done. That's the question I have.

Q. Can you tell what you say your body was saying to you? What feelings you had?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I mean, on one hand you're trying to get as much rest in between points as you can, but then you have an umpire who is giving you a time violation.

Then you're asking yourself whether that's fair, as well in whatever degree weather that was (Laughter.)

So there is that mixed emotion of, Okay, I need to get in the shade, but then I need to be there when the time is up to be able to serve or return or whatever it is.

There is a bit of pressure on the line, as well, in those conditions. Anywhere else, it's fine. You know, if that's the speed of the game that's absolutely fine. But in these conditions, I mean, let it go, but...

Q. In all the circumstances, how pleased are you with the way you battled through today?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I'm really happy to get through. I really am. I worked really hard in the last few months and I wanted this match. I didn't play my best tennis; I didn't do many things well.

I got through it, and sometimes that's what's important. I did.

Q. After an incredible performance like this, does it ever go through your mind, you talk to yourself, What incredible toughness? I really gritted it out? Do you have a self pride? Talk about what goes through your mind about pulling through.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, in the moment you have so many mixed emotions because you have opportunities and chances, and then you're down and then you feel you're out. So you're going through all of this within these three hours or more.

I don't know. I went through all the different ones, like, How could you miss those second serve returns? Why are you going for so much? The other side of my brain, Well, it's 110 degrees. Of course you're going for too much (smiling).

I don't know. When you win match point you get off the court, no matter how you feel and how tough it was, I really I love these moments. That's why I play the sport.

Q. Do you congratulate yourself?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Not just myself, but my team. We worked really hard all together. Sometimes you've got to be really gritty to pull through no matter how tough it is. I think we all did it together.

Q. In 2007 you had that match against Camille Pin, 9 7 in the third. You were on IV for I think for three hours after that. Today was a lot longer and hotter. Does it say your fitness has much improved since then?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Maybe (smiling).

Q. Can you talk about it?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I would think so. I would think the game has become more physical. I think everyone has had to adapt to that and be stronger and work a lot off the court and prepare yourself for these types of situations.

It's always tough to know what to expect when you actually get in that type of moment, but the preparation you do beforehand is extremely important.

Q. After this huge game, how do you get back up for the next round?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Just recovery. Make sure the body will be ready. Take it easy tomorrow. That's the beauty of a Grand Slam: you have that day in between.

Q. Do you think the officials owe it to the players to tell you when enough is enough or to know when the roof can be closed? You talked about the confusion as to why it wasn't closed in the second and third set.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: It would be nice. I mean, I would love to know a bit more detail before not even before I get on the court, but just in general it's good to know. I didn't even know there was no play when I left the court. I mean, I had no idea.

But it seems a little strange that the WTA Tour trainers don't know what that threshold is.

Q. Were you surprised by the way Knapp played? Did you know anything about her before?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No, I didn't. I never played against her or practiced. I thought she played really great tennis as the match went on.

I have seen some of her matches in the past, but I thought she played really great and played very free with nothing to lose. And she played a lot tougher, you know, than maybe other matches that I have seen her play.

Q. You looked up at your box today to Sven. What does he means to you at the moment?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: At that moment, I'm not really sure. I mean, there is not much communication going on there, but he's quite a calm personality. You know, he observes and takes it in.

You know, I love the team that's sitting there and, you know, and it would mean a lot to me to achieve, you know, a lot of things with all of them.

Q. How close do you think it was to being unsafe or unplayable today?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: It's not for me to determine, because I had to play and I had to finish the match and do it the best I can. It's not the best conditions, but I don't want to complain.

Even if I lost the match that wouldn't be the reason, because there is still somebody across the net that's facing the same type of conditions.

Q. As a general concept, do you think players should perhaps be consulted a little bit more about conditions? I mean, you're the ones out there actually running around. Nobody sitting in a suit in here is doing that. Do you think perhaps there is enough communication with the players about the conditions?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I'm not sure. That's a good question. I'm not sure there is.

We have never received any e mails or, you know, warnings about the weather or what to do.

Actually, I did receive one, I think, while I was in the ice bath a few minutes ago, and I was like, That's a little too late. (Laughter.) It was a little late.

It was probably when they were stopping the matches, like, Oh, maybe it's about time we sent out a warning (smiling).

Q. So is there are different type of satisfaction when you've won like a survival of the fittest type of contest?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think you have to admit that we all had to be pretty fit in order to be there in that last game, still competing the way that we were.

I don't think it was about who was the fittest. It was just about who was able to win two points. For her and I to be out there after three and whatever hours and still be able to display some points and run and hit, doesn't mean that she wasn't fit.

Q. You said you didn't know that the other matches had stopped when you came off. If it's deemed too hot to play, do you think matches should stop then rather than having to continue for the rest of the set?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I'm not sure about that, but I think in the third set for the women and the fifth set for the men, if you know that there is no tiebreaker, you cannot officials can't just rely on maybe the set will go fast and the set will be over and will we will be off court, because we have no tiebreaker in that last set. So that's what you have to consider.

Q. So there should be some limit if you get to a certain amount of games?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think our match was an example of that. If it was a tiebreaker it would have been over quicker, but you can just keep going.

Q. In extreme conditions like this, do you think the rule for the amount of time between points a player can take should be extended or suspended?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think so. I think it should be for the safety of the players, definitely.

Q. Do you worry there might be repercussions for you in later matches because of the time you spent on court today?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Listen, I was up a set and a break and I had many opportunities to finish the match faster. So I would have loved for it to finish faster, but that's what I got and I have to deal with the circumstances. I'm all right with that.

I'm a competitor here, and I worked hard to get through that match. I will have to work just as hard to get through the next ones.

Q. On a day when maybe your serve wasn't at its best, do you ever think, Just get it in, or is it always, Go full speed, plan A?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I think today a lot of it, not just the serves and second serve returns that I was missing that I shouldn't have that would have created so many opportunities for me.

But I think just the conditions didn't help in terms of being a little bit safer and not having to go for so much in those moments.
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 06:13 AM   #1102
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Maria forgetting she played Knapp before

And so diplomatic with the baiting questions about the heat
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 08:02 AM   #1103
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely interview.

Liked that she gave a little insight on what she's thinking on court

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 10:39 AM   #1104
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

Great interview from great competitor

she doesn't blame heat, well done

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 10:57 AM   #1105
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Lovely interview. The e-mail received in the ice bath though...

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 01:18 PM   #1106
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Great interview. Maria really is a warrior and a respectful champion, and that's what all of us love and respect the most about her

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 04:27 PM   #1107
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold

Maria classy as always with her answers. Thanks for posting it.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 03:53 AM   #1108
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Maria Sharapova 18-01-14
Saturday, 18 January, 2014

Q. Can we assume that you were fairly spent after the last match. Was it kind of a little bit tough to get through today?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Of course everyone that played a long match in those conditions is going to feel physically and emotionally tired, and that's the way it goes.

You just have to find a way to get through it. You know, that's what I did. It was quite tough in the end. She had a set point and she had a chance to level the match out, which is something I probably wouldn't want to do, is go into a third set.

I was I was happy I was able to finish it in two.

Q. Did you change your normal preparation routine after what happened on Thursday to today, or was it just business as usual in the way you prepared?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No, I think it was just a lot more recovery, not so much the preparation for today.

Q. Each time you were challenged in the second set you were up a break on her back. You must draw a lot of strength on that on a day when your serve wasn't necessarily firing?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think I can take a few positives from this match. One being the fact that I was able to win it not playing my best tennis. There are definitely things I'm going to have to improve and do better moving forward, because it only is going to get tougher.

But, yeah, I am happy that I took my chances, you know, even though it was pretty close in that second set.

Q. You went to practice after the match?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Uh huh.

Q. So basically you wanted to hit more balls? Are you feeling just a little bit lack of match play?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No. I just didn't have a great rhythm. It's sometimes nice just to be able to come off the court and groove, just to get a good hit on the ball.

Conditions were a little bit tricky from one end, and, you know, balls were flying a bit. I just wanted to get a good rhythm again.

Q. Back to the match play, I think you have had three matches after Roland Garros last year and now six. Is that enough for you?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I'm hoping that it is. You know, I still feel like in certain situations I am a bit rusty and I'm not closing it out when I have to or maybe going for a little much or overthinking it a bit.

That will come. I'm not worried about that. Those are the as long as I feel like I'm doing the right things and I'm playing the way I want to play, if I'm making those types of errors, they are going to go in eventually.

Q. Can you tell us what sort of recovery is different after playing in 40 degree heat? Also, how long did it take you to actually feel normal again?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Just a lot more ice baths and a lot more like hand treatment and hot and cold baths. Just a lot of things. I was just really working my physio. He had a long evening.

Q. You raced to a great start in the first set. Would you say the second set, would you say it was a drop in intensity for you or did she play better?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: A little bit. I think it's a combination of both. I think there are a few different times where I think I could have taken control of the match. You know, one of those is in the third game of that second set where, you know, I felt like I was doing the right things, playing solid, you know, moving forward.

And then once I lost that game I think my concentration dropped a little bit. Then I got it going again. So there was a few ups and downs, and that's something that I definitely want to eliminate going forward.

Q. The Olympics is coming up real soon. I understand you're going to have a gig as a commentator with NBC. Can you talk about that? Excited about that?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Everyone seems to think I will be commentating on winter sports. I'm not a bobsledding expert (Laughter.) I will confirm I won't be commentating.

I'm going to be showcasing the city of Sochi to a worldwide audience, and we will be doing a few segments. I'm going to be with a few different co hosts around the city, in the village, and then I'm going to be a doing a few segments in the studio with Bob Costas, as well.

Q. There have been those gay related laws that have come into play, and Billy Jean, Martina, Blake, god number of people have spoken about that. What are your thoughts about that?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I have discussed the issue a couple of times, and quite recently when I did an interview for The New York Times. I said everything I wanted to say there about it.

Q. How is the shoulder going? Do you feel more confident with every game that it's A okay?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I have definitely had quite a few tests. You know, the back to back matches in Brisbane, three setter there, and then playing the next day, coming here, long matches.

I think these are all really good tests. As I said, I think recovery for the rest of my career is going to be extremely important, making sure I do the right amount of work to the right amount of rest that I give it.

But it's feeling good.

Q. Do you feel like you have been a little under the radar this week because you haven't played your best? Is it possible for you to go through a first week sort of unobtrusively a little bit?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I don't know if that's for me to judge. I got through the rounds that I have had to play so far, and I will be looking to hopefully be doing that continuously.

Q. Talk about playing Cibulkova. She's played you tough before. It's a totally different matchup than Cornet or Knapp.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Of course. She's a great retriever of the ball. It's going to be a very physical match. She likes to make it physical. That's when she plays her best.

Obviously I don't want to go there with her (smiling).

But, no, she's a tough opponent. That's for sure. She plays a lot of top players extremely well and tough and has nothing to lose, so I'm expecting a tough one the next round.

Q. Azarenka went on quite a bit talking about how wonderful her grandmother is and Casey Dellacqua did the same thing yesterday.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Who doesn't like their grand mothers? I mean... I mean, they cook, they clean, they tell you you're the best. What's not to like?

Q. There are some great old pictures of you being held by your grandma. Just talk about them.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, not the grandfathers? Just the grandmothers?

Q. Just the grandmas.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I know they are a little lazy. No, I have great grandmothers. Both of them live in one in Belarus and one still is in Russia. My mom's side mother, she comes to the United States quite a bit. Like once a year I try to force her to come, but my grandfather is usually not very happy about that.

They don't usually come at the same time, but it's really nice to see her. I think you have a lot of memories from your childhood growing up, and she's the one that raised my mother and you see so many similarities.

I love spending time with both of them.

Q. Azarenka's grandma came to LA. I think they went to Disneyland. How about sometime arranging a double date.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think my grandmother would refuse to go to Disneyland (smiling).

Q. You're older and than Grigor and a multiple Grand Slam champion. He's making his way up the rankings. Do you ever talk or joke about that rubbing off on him?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I don't know if that's a joke. Is it? I don't know. (Smiling). Which part of it is a joke, Doug?

Q. Well, do you ever discuss it?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: That's better. No, not really. We have a lot of different topics we discuss. That's not one of them.
Suicide Tennis
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 04:05 AM   #1109
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

The Azarenka questions

Picturing those enemies with their grandmothers at Disney together
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 04:20 AM   #1110
Crux Squall

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollPova View Post
The Azarenka questions

Picturing those enemies with their grandmothers at Disney together
yeah I don't know what they want to know from those silly questions
Suicide Tennis