** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3 - Page 59 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 20th, 2013, 09:02 AM   #871
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

Maria's PR is not really good, it's a bad idea
Tennis Tipping :#239, Suicide Tennis: #127, PAW: #108, Tipping: #56, FITD: #188

Won in 2014
Tennis Triathlon: Acapulco
Suicide Tennis: Charleston
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 20th, 2013, 09:07 AM   #872
country flag FlopPoova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShowMustGoOn View Post
I really fear it being true, I've always loved Maria's seriousness with her tennis despite all the money, and just wanting to be the best... this would kind of make a mockery of everything she's built on as a tennis personality as put in the post above me, Maria does not need this and I really do not want this.
It's embarrassing, for herself and for her fans. I'm not sure I could sit through a match of hers at the USO (first she has to make it to R3 ) if she goes through with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
I wonder why your avatar is a photo of her at some fashion event then, instead of one in a tennis dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathanael View Post
Most of us here make more than 1 Million a year...that is why most of us like tennis. It is a sport for the rich.
FlopPoova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2013, 09:35 AM   #873
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

This is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard, she would make herself and us all a laughing stock. I pray to god Max is paying attention to the reaction to this.

In fact, I'm hoping that's what it is - they're testing the waters to see how it would be received, and as the reaction has been overwhelmingly negative, it won't go ahead. Or as others have said, is just a publicity stunt that will *never* come to fruition.

Also, I doubt Nike would approve.

Maria Sharapova: Always on Your Mind

Last edited by AnnieIWillKnow : Aug 20th, 2013 at 09:45 AM.
AnnieIWillKnow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2013, 09:57 AM   #874
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiiMo View Post
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/...cle3847544.ece

She wants to change her name to Sugarpova during US Open. Is this a joke or something?
just to point out the bottleneck in the article, IFAIK "Supreme Court of Florida" has no authority changing her name while she has russian citizenship and has a russian passport.
Of course she could just use an artist name, like some flop call themselves Lady Gaga or Madonna... but obviously USTA/ITF wouldnt allow that for simply commercial reasons. She needs an official namechange to force USTA/ITF accepting the change. But again, I dont know what "Supreme Court of Florida" can do in this case, especially now she is living in California, i dont know which state gives her green card or residence card...

Long story short, my understanding is she has to change her name in Russia.
Old Aug 20th, 2013, 10:25 AM   #875
country flag denny5576

denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavstry. View Post
Long story short, my understanding is she has to change her name in Russia.
Maria is not changing her passport, so no Russia. She is not changing even her US documents. She is asking a temporary permission to write her family name differently for a specific purpose limited within a specific time frame only.
denny5576 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2013, 10:29 AM   #876
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

i think it is pathetic to change her name to Sugarpova, seriosly she should focus more on her tennis and not candies
Old Aug 20th, 2013, 10:44 AM   #877
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny5576 View Post
Maria is not changing her passport, so no Russia. She is not changing even her US documents. She is asking a temporary permission to write her family name differently for a specific purpose limited within a specific time frame only.
No one said that, read again.

But she isnt citizen of the United States of America. She can use her "family name" whatever she wants right now for any purpose thats not a legal document, she doesnt need supreme court for that. Therefore its a ploy.
Old Aug 20th, 2013, 11:13 AM   #878
country flag LoveMasha2008

LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of LoveMasha2008 has much to be proud of

This was the first time we heard of "Sugarpova":

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....postcount=2506

Quote:
Expanding her reach into the unexpected, she is about to announce a new partnership with Jeff Rubin, the man who helped create Dylan’s Candy Bar in 2001 and a chain of candy shops inside F. A. O. Schwarz stores (called F. A. O. Schweetz) in the 1990s, to develop her own brand of candy and sweets. Gumballs will be shaped like tennis balls, and gummy candies will be packaged in containers shaped like tennis-ball cans, according to plans drawn up by Mr. Rubin, who hopes to have them ready in time for a rollout at the United States Open in August.

The name of her brand? Sugarpova.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/26/fa...s-a-brand.html
Never imagined one day it would be her name.
Old Aug 20th, 2013, 11:41 AM   #879
country flag AniaSharapova

AniaSharapova is a name known to all AniaSharapova is a name known to all AniaSharapova is a name known to all AniaSharapova is a name known to all AniaSharapova is a name known to all AniaSharapova is a name known to all AniaSharapova is a name known to all AniaSharapova is a name known to all AniaSharapova is a name known to all AniaSharapova is a name known to all AniaSharapova is a name known to all

The one thing which really bothering me in this whole "Sugarpova" situation is that tennis was always a priority for Maria, no matter what has been around her, her off court stuff never get in her way of tennis. And now it seems like she wants to be known more like a candy producer than a tennis player. If she really goes on court at the USO as a "Maria Sugarpova" I will lose great amount of respect for her.
AniaSharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2013, 11:59 AM   #880
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollPova View Post
Honestly, if this "Maria Sugarpova" thing is serious, then I will lose about 8 years worth of respect for her. That's just obnoxious, really.
Could not agree more. I mean, how is anyone supposed to take you and your game seriously, if you change your last name to Sugarpova? If I hear the umpire utter game Sugarpova, I don't know whether I'll shit my pants laughing or facepalm for 10 minutes

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2013, 01:01 PM   #881
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

The thing is all over the place......here some examples from Italy and Switzerland.......

http://www.repubblica.it/sport/2013/...?ref=HRESS-5#1
http://www.corriere.it/sport/13_agos...39d609c3.shtml
http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/sport/te...story/17368920

Please, Maria, don't do this......
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2013, 01:03 PM   #882
country flag denny5576

denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavstry. View Post
No one said that, read again.

But she isnt citizen of the United States of America. She can use her "family name" whatever she wants right now for any purpose thats not a legal document, she doesnt need supreme court for that. Therefore its a ploy.
Learn the laws first .. then you'll be able to understand...
denny5576 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2013, 01:45 PM   #883
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh. If this is true...
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2013, 02:54 PM   #884
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Calm down, grumblers. She won't hang in long...
Asanty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2013, 03:02 PM   #885
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

i think it's official,,,

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...aria-sharapova

WTA seems to approved

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote