** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3 - Page 49 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 30th, 2013, 06:40 AM   #721
country flag denny5576

denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by womensrights View Post
Also if you took the time to read the article . Joyce says her run to win Wimbledon that year was kind of a Fluke. He was talking about the whole tournament. Not just the match with Serena. If I remember correctly Davenport was up 6 1 and a break in the semi finals before they had a long rain delay. Maria came back and won. She was down match point to Sugiyama I think in Quarterfinals. And he says Serena was a nervous reck playing a young Maria in the Final. I wish I knew how to post the article or wish people would take the time to read it before lashing out at someone who has know Maria since she was 9 and obviously helped mold her into the person you all love so much today!
Read carefully what Joyce said, please. And do not try to excuse a guy when he said stupidities. It is not the first time when M. Joyce said things which have nothing common with the reality.
denny5576 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 30th, 2013, 08:40 AM   #722
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecig View Post
Aw she says mommypova is with her that's nice I only wish we'd get to see her once in a while
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2013, 12:25 PM   #723
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Yelena is there? YASSS!!!!!!!
Old May 30th, 2013, 03:25 PM   #724
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMePova View Post
Aw she says mommypova is with her that's nice I only wish we'd get to see her once in a while
She might want to check on Dimitrov.....
Abuttons is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2013, 05:25 PM   #725
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

After last year Yelena will be forced on Europe swing for the next few years.
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 10:18 PM   #726
country flag Kitten63

Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know where I can find transcripts of her RG interviews?

Anna Chakvetadze Petra Kvitova Jelena Jankovic Nicole Vaidisova Svetlana Kuznetsova Dinara Safina Elena Dementieva Vera Zvonereva Nadia Petrova Marion Bartoli Samantha Stosur

0663...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Federer Gasquet Djokovic Youzhny Berdych Ancic Soderling
Kitten63 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2013, 12:15 AM   #727
country flag Sharakim
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future

The US media is throwing some shade at Maria...

Jon worthless put this as his headline in his womens final preview:

No. 1 contender Sharapova gets WTA champion Williams in French fight

total trolling.

Also IMO, Jim Caple wrote this pretty terrible article on ESPNW with some very distasteful remarks.

PARIS -- Warning to Maria Sharapova: Do not prepare for your French Open final by studying video of Serena Williams' semifinal victory. You will not find any flaw in her game. You will not find any secrets to beating her. You will get no sleep. You will only spend the rest of the night lying awake in bed, eyes wide open, with images of utter destruction flashing through your mind.

Better to watch something more cheerful and uplifting, such as "No Country for Old Men,'' "The Exorcist" or old driver's education videos of car wrecks.

The Roland Garros final is Saturday afternoon, but Williams already showed who should be the champion Thursday with a crushing 6-0, 6-1 victory over No. 5-ranked Sara Errani, whose remains may be forever mixed into the red clay on Philippe Chatrier. But at least Errani didn't suffer long. The entire match took just 46 minutes, a ridiculous 3.5 minutes per game. Williams hit an insane 40 winners out of the 52 points she won.

Martin Bureau/AFP/Getty Images
Serena Williams is on the longest winning streak of her career -- 30 straight matches.
"It was the best clay-court match I've ever seen from a woman,'' tennis legend Chris Evert said. "I felt it was flawless. She was hitting winners from every angle of the court. Hitting winners from everywhere. Coming to the net. Drop-shotting. Volleying. She kept her concentration the whole game. I thought it was perfect and flawless.''

That is high praise considering Evert is the only other woman to have so dominant a semifinal victory at the French Open. In 1973, she won 6-1, 6-0, and in 1984 she won 6-0, 6-0.

It should be noted, however, that Evert lost the final both those years.

So does that bode well for Sharapova successfully defending her French Open championship? Well, let's look at the numbers.

Williams and Sharapova have played 15 times in their careers, and Williams has won 13 of the matches, including the past 12, losing only two sets in those dozen. The last time Sharapova beat Williams was nine years ago.

"I would love to change that around,'' Sharapova said. "Obviously, whatever I did in the past hasn't worked, so I'll have to try to do something different, and hopefully it will work.''

Yeah, good luck with that
. Williams is on the longest winning streak of her life -- 30 consecutive matches -- and she has roared through this tournament, beating opponents and winning over the fans by speaking French after matches. The only blip on her record here so far was dropping the second set of her quarterfinal match against Svetlana Kuznetsova on Tuesday.

Complete coverage

Need the scores and stats from today's matches at the French Open? CourtCast
There was no repeat of that Thursday. Her semifinal beatdown was so thorough that when Errani finally won a game in the second set, the Italian raised her arms in victory.

"What she did today is unbelievable,'' Errani said. "She's very strong. She's an unbelievable player. She had a great day. I tried. This is sport. Sometimes you lose, but you try. ... The important thing is stay there and try.''

Asked if at any point she felt sorry for Errani during the match, Williams said definitely not. "I really, really like her. I love her fighting spirit. I really like her as a person. But when you go out there, you just have to play and forget about who you're playing.''

As Evert said, Williams showed her entire game Thursday, including aspects that surprised even her. "I'm not a player that runs to the net, so it feels really good to be able to hit some good volleys,'' she said. "Sometimes I'm surprised. I'm like, 'Is that me?' But, you know, I used to hit a lot of drop shots when I was younger. I'm just kind of going back to the young days, I guess.''

AP Photo/Michel Spingler
Maria Sharapova is the reigning French Open champ, but to defend her title on Saturday, she has to defeat Serena Williams.
Speaking of the young days, perhaps the lone optimistic number for Sharapova is this: Of Williams' 15 Grand Slam titles, only one was here, and that was 11 years ago in 2002.

"I don't think about it that way,'' Sharapova said when asked if she takes any confidence from that. "Those are just statistics, and it doesn't matter. Obviously, she's in form. She's playing some of the best tennis of her career, so it doesn't matter how she performed here 11 years ago or the ones before that.''

For Sharapova to win Saturday, she will have to serve with just as much power but with far more accuracy than she did in her semifinal against Victoria Azarenka. Sharapova won 6-1, 2-6, 6-4, recording a dozen aces but also 11 double faults. Said Azarenka: "Her serve is definitely something that you never know what to expect.''

After squandering three match points with a 5-2 lead in the second set and dropping two consecutive games, Sharapova finally won with a blistering ace past Azarenka for the right to defend her French Open title against Williams

There must be better rewards for winning a match.

++++++++

Everyone knows Maria is not the favorite, but this kind of "journalism" really irks me. I really hope Maria can pull off the upset, and these journalist know where they can shove it.

Last edited by Sharakim : Jun 7th, 2013 at 12:38 AM.
Sharakim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2013, 12:31 AM   #728
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

He writes like a TF troll
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2013, 05:55 AM   #729
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharakim View Post
Also IMO, Jim Caple wrote this pretty terrible article on ESPNW with some very distasteful remarks.
No surprise, he's horrible.
I read his previous article and he writes shit like this:
Quote:
And from Jankovic's standpoint, it must be frustrating competing against the prettiest girl in the class.
Quote:
Which is not to say that Jankovic has not been successful -- she has homes in San Diego and Dubai, after all. Still, Sharapova eased onto the court looking as elegant as Nicole Kidman walking onto the red carpet
Kon. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2013, 06:19 AM   #730
country flag Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

the RG's website is very bad, I really want to read Interview Transcript but they don't do it like other big tournament
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#109.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2013, 11:29 AM   #731
country flag LoveMasha2008

LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future

Transcript of her interview after QF:

Maria Sharapova – 05.06.2013

TENNIS – 2013 Roland Garros: Sharapova d Jankovic 0-6 6-4 6-3

Q. Congratulations. It started a bit like a nightmare, this match, and how satisfied are you you totally turned this around?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah. You know, I started the match off with a large number of unforced errors and her playing really well, smart, doing the right things, being consistent. She served really well, and it was really the opposite for me.
So I was really happy that I was able to win the first two games of the second set. That was really important. You know, at least give her something to think about. She was a bit in cruise control for a long period of time. Well, actually not that long, but for six games straight.
That was really important, and I'm really happy that I pulled through.

Q. How are you able to dig deep every time, over and over again? You're 6‑Love down. Is there ever a moment you think, I can't handle this? You always find kind of spirit to come back.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, I wanted to put that chapter behind me. No matter how many errors I made or how disappointed I was with the way I started the match, I knew that I still could try to create chances out there; obviously taking them is another question.
But I knew that I was capable of doing much better. And, yeah, it's just a game at a time. Yeah, I'm just happy.
Obviously in the third set it was still extremely tough. You know, we held serve for a while, and it was really important to get that break.
But, yeah, I was happy with the third set.

Q. Can you remember a match where you lost the first set 6‑0 and came back to win it?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No, I can't.

Q. It's actually the first time you have done it in your career. Is it a little bit of a mental move for you in the sense that you have worked harder and harder to be more strongly mentally on the court?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: To be honest, if it was 1‑6 or 2‑6 and 3‑6 and I would've lost the set I would have treated it the same way as obviously I didn't do enough things right to win that first set.
But, yeah, it was certainly nice to change that around, because I wasn't doing much in that first six games.

Q. Can I just get your thoughts on playing Victoria on the clay.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, we haven't played on clay in I believe it's almost a year. Last time was in Stuttgart. She's playing really well this tournament. Always a tough match. We have played each other so many times there are really no secrets between each other in terms of our game styles and what we do well and not.
So, yeah, it's a semifinals and, you know, I'm looking forward to it.

http://www.ubitennis.com/english/spo...ova_2013.shtml
Old Jun 7th, 2013, 11:30 AM   #732
country flag LoveMasha2008

LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future

Transcript of her interview after SF:

Maria Sharapova – 06.06.2013

TENNIS – 2'013 Roland Garros: Sharapova d Azarenka 6-1 2-6 6-4

Q. How proud are you to close the match with an ace after struggling with your serve? And how much of it has been mental, to block that out?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, you know, after having the momentum and leading 5‑2, the last few points of the match are obviously the toughest in a stage like that.
So, yeah, despite having those two match points and not taking advantage of them, I was happy with the way it came out at 5‑4 and served it out.

Q. You're absolutely relentless in getting back and hitting the ball as hard as you hit it last time, no matter what the previous point had bought. Do you think that's something that has really improved and gotten better and easier to do as the years have gone on? That you have played that way as opposed to other players who maybe are thinking a little bit more about being consistent and having a rally?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, I have never really thought about going out on the court and just trying to be consistent, not playing my game and just getting the ball back. That hasn't really ever been my philosophy, because the way that I win matches is by being aggressive, by moving my power, by looking to move forward and playing that aggressive game.
I don't know if that's something that's gotten better over the years, but obviously the more consistent that you get at doing what you do best, the better you are.

Q. Can you share what it means for you to be back in the French Open final on clay after beating a player who gives you some troubles in the past?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, look, I had a tremendous year last year here. Obviously to come back as the defending champion, it's extremely special to get back on that stage where it comes down to the last two players of the tournament.
It's certainly a nice feeling, as well. You know, I hope that I can bring my best tennis for the last one.
I'm really happy with the way I came out from playing a tough match yesterday. Turned it around and came today and was able ‑‑ you know, the way I played the first set ‑ I wish I could have carried that through in two ‑ but I did the job and I'm happy from where I was in the beginning of the tournament to where I am today.
I just hope that I can improve for the next one.

Q. How are you as a clay‑court player now compared to earlier in your career? Could you talk about your improvements.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think I'm better. (Smiling.)
Well, I'm certainly a better mover, but I think what's helped me is the confidence that I have on the court in terms of getting myself back into position.
Also, you know, if I play a match like I did yesterday and come out the next day, I don't think maybe five, six, seven years ago I would have felt as fresh as I did today. That has one of the biggest improvements, and to be honest, I think one of the key ones in my career.
Yeah, overall, I think it's the little things that you improve and not to say just I want to improve for the French Open or for the clay. I think as a goal I always wanted to improve my movement and improve physically, and that will ultimately help you on surfaces that may be more challenging to you.

Q. You stood very far in to receive serve in the first set and it worked. Was that one of your best returning performances? What happened in the second set to change that?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I played a good first set. I mean, you know, it's tough to look through each set right now and say what I did extremely well or not. But, you know, in the second set it was 2‑All and she was serving and I had ‑‑ you know, I had chances on her serve in that game. I made easy mistakes, shots that I should have made. I should have put pressure on her in that game.
Against an opponent like her you can't ‑‑ you can't give her those chances back, because, you know, she will take it. She's a confidence player.

Q. You have faced Serena on a lot of different surfaces. Does clay matter when you play her?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, I think she's been playing extremely well on all different surfaces in the last ‑‑ over a year now. I don't really take that into account as much.
But obviously she's won so many matches already in a row on hard and clay, so I don't think it really matters.

Q. The climate change during the match, and suddenly the ball was heavier. Do you know it might change on Saturday and heavy ball gives you more chance against Serena or do you prepare for any kind of climate?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I don't know. Maybe I'll take the weight machine and weigh the ball. I don't ‑‑ that's not something that you feel. You know, I think the changes are so minor that you don't really notice that during a match.
I mean, unless it was extremely warm when you started and it changed to be really cold, but I don't think today was the case.

Q. You wrote "Thank you" on the camera after the match. Could you tell us who is the "you"?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, the fans. I mean, I had really great support today. Yeah, I was just writing to the camera because they show it up on the screen to all of the fans.

http://www.ubitennis.com/english/spo...ova_2013.shtml
Old Jun 7th, 2013, 05:30 PM   #733
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

There are a few really nice Russian interviews after SFs win, I wish I had time to translate them for you...
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2013, 05:48 PM   #734
country flag Cecig

Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of

A Russian article ( she speaks about Grigor, Dolce, etc.)

http://www.kursiv.kz/news/details/sp...eme-o-tennise/

https://twitter.com/Ce_Giovanniello
Cecig is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2013, 06:25 PM   #735
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Thought the University bit was interesting.