** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3 - Page 108 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 17th, 2014, 02:53 AM   #1606
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

Lord help this Ana flop interview
Advertisement

Old Aug 17th, 2014, 03:43 AM   #1607
country flag Cecig

Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of

https://twitter.com/Ce_Giovanniello
Cecig is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2014, 05:48 PM   #1608
country flag buian

buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light

Blood Pressure and Stares in Cincinnati: The Tale of Sharapova vs. Ivanovic
http://www.changeovertennis.com/bloo...va-vs-ivanovic
Old Aug 17th, 2014, 09:56 PM   #1609
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

A. IVANOVIC/M. Sharapova
6‑2, 5‑7, 7‑5

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Obviously a tough one. Where do you feel like it fell apart for you at the end?
MARIA SHARAPOVA
: Yeah, just a matter of a couple points, I guess, being one point away from winning. But also being down as far as I was in the beginning of the match and close to losing it. So certainly a lot of ups and downs. Wasn't happy with that.
Overall happy that I got myself back in a winning position, although I didn't take it today.

Q. Looked like you were fairly flat energy‑wise. How much impact does that actually have with kind of what your energy levels are like on the court.
MARIA SHARAPOVA:
Yeah, I think it was a combination of flat, just not executing what I want to from the beginning of the match, making a few too many errors.
Yeah, overall I guess it's not how you start it's how you finish. Today I didn't start or finish well.
Yeah, it's kind of how it goes in this sport.

Q. Second consecutive match of your opponent breaking you several times. Is it a matter of something not working right with your serve, or are they're getting good read on it?
MARIA SHARAPOVA:
Lack of focus, lack of concentration. Yeah, doing something right for a certain period of time and then letting go of that.
Yeah, pretty much it.

Q. How did you turn the momentum back? It was 6‑2, 4‑0. May be a very short night.
MARIA SHARAPOVA:
Yeah, I'm not really sure. I think I just started being a bit more aggressive. It was 4‑0 and I think at 5‑2 she called her coach on the court. I was like, okay, well that's usually not a great sign when you're a game away from winning the match.
The matches in tennis are never over until you actually finish it. I've been in those positions before. It was only one break in the second set.
I really felt like if I started making a few returns, making her play, maybe I would get an opportunity. And I did.

Q. You feel pretty good right now about where your game is going into the US Open?
MARIA SHARAPOVA:
I do, actually. I feel like I've played enough matches. Definitely would've loved to play another one tomorrow, but just didn't happen that way.
Yeah, overall got through some tough, tough wins. From the first round on it wasn't easy for me here until the very last point today.
Yeah, definitely, yeah, going to be another week and another slam up ahead.

Q. What were your thoughts on the time that she took early in the third set?
MARIA SHARAPOVA:
I never actually got a clear answer on what it was, but, I mean, I don't know. Could have been something like an anxiety or something. I'm not really sure what you take blood pressure for.
We played a pretty long point afterwards and she seemed to be doing well. Not really sure what was going on there.

Q. ESPN has some video of you tapping your shoulder and saying, Check for blood pressure middle of the third set. Were you angry or put off by what she had done?
MARIA SHARAPOVA:
It was just a strange timing. I'm not sure kind of how it happened. Just kind of came out of nowhere. Just don't know what to do in that situation, because you either sit down, are they going to take a medical timeout, but then they don't and you got to get up and then you got to serve and it's 15‑All.
The timing was a bit strange, but she looked okay.

Q. You think if they take a medical timeout mid‑game they should forfeit that game?
MARIA SHARAPOVA:
I don't know. I don't make the rules. That sounds a bit silly, but I don't know. After a minute she was good, but before that she wasn't. Must've been something that was anxious or anxiety. Only thing I can think of really.

Q. Does that distract you or put you off?
MARIA SHARAPOVA:
I think I won that game. But, no, obviously it adds something to the game. All of a sudden there is an interruption. You don't know what's going on. Is it an injury?
And then you don't get an answer. I don't think they even know. That's the tricky part, I guess.

Q. You usually play on center court everywhere you play. Last two you played on Grandstand. Any differential going back on center getting used to a different court?
MARIA SHARAPOVA:
You got to earn your spot on center, and I did. Obviously with the men and women playing together it's a very tough scheduling event.
But, yeah, I'm just glad I got myself back there. That means I played enough matches to do that.

Q. In the end, you think it was just a matter of, execution for you from your side? Tactical? Technical?
MARIA SHARAPOVA
: Obviously if I would've executed a few points better than I did would've made a difference.
Just didn't happen that way.

Q. End of the 5‑4 game, you served and had two match points. Do you remember what happened on those or how that lead slipped again?
MARIA SHARAPOVA:
Yeah, I do. I think she had a forehand inside‑out winner on one of those, and I made a backhand error on another.
As I said, I created myself a good position after having a slow start. I was down and out in the match and I found a way to get myself in a winning position.
Today it didn't work out for me. That's really the headline of the whole story.

Q. You've got some time before the US Open now. What are you going to do to kind of reset and prepare for the major coming up?
MARIA SHARAPOVA:
Yeah, that week before is just working on a few things, getting out on the practice court, making sure that you do the right thing both physically and mentally.
You have a few appearances usually in New York leading into the Open, so managing the time and being fresh for the beginning. That's the most important thing.

Q. Would you say the Cincinnati Open is a good tournament to decide where you stand mentally and physically?
MARIA SHARAPOVA:
Which one? This one?

Q. Yeah.
MARIA SHARAPOVA
: Yeah, of course. I think this is a top‑level event. Everyone competes if they're healthy. That's why we're all here. I think it's a mandatory tournament, certainly one that we must play on the calendar.
Yeah, I've had good success here, had consistent results. Disappointing to lose tonight, but overall happy going into the Open.

FastScripts Transcript by ASAP Sports
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#109.
Three Hands Titles Montreal 2014
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2014, 04:34 PM   #1610
country flag buian

buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light buian is a glorious beacon of light

Sharapova looking forward to Open return

By Sandra Harwitt
Monday, August 18, 2014

In the global world of sports, few athletes are more popular than Maria Sharapova.

Proof of that supposition can be found in Sharapova’s social media popularity. On Facebook, the 27-year old Russian has 14.1 million followers, which is more than any other female athlete on that platform. And having only joined Twitter in January 2013, Sharapova can boast around 1.2 million followers of her sound-bite sized tweets.

The reasons for Sharapova’s worldwide popularity are multifold. She’s been a highly visible and successful professional tennis player for more than a decade. She’s personable and attractive. On top of that, Sharapova has turned herself into a savvy businesswoman with branding that includes a Nike clothing line, a Sharapova collection for Cole Haan, a Porsche and Avon perfume ambassador, and is most notably the face of Sugarpova candy.

Variety is clearly the spice of life for Sharapova. But it’s important to remember that at her core she is a talented, dedicated, and highly-accomplished professional tennis player. And it’s those latter credentials that have her heading into the 2014 US Open with her sights set on a sixth Grand Slam singles trophy.

It was exactly 10 years ago in July that Sharapova, at only 17, hoisted her first Grand Slam singles trophy at the 2004 Wimbledon Championships. She followed up on that remarkable achievement by winning the 2006 US Open, 2008 Australian Open, and the 2012 and 2014 French Opens. That accounting makes her one of only six women in the Open Era — and 10 women overall — to boast a complete collection of Grand Slam titles.

For Sharapova, there’s a special emphasis on this year’s US Open considering that last year she was outside looking in. A recurrence of a shoulder injury that required surgery in October 2008, and kept her sidelined from 2008 through May of 2009, prevented her from playing at Flushing Meadows in 2013. Though the injury wasn’t as serious as it was in the past, it rendered her unable to play in New York and in fact, allowed her to play just one match after her 2013 Wimbledon disappointingly ended in the second round. From mid-August until 2014, Sharapova was in recuperation mode.

“I feel much more refreshed than I did sitting in this chair a year ago,” said Sharapova, who last year lost in the first round to Sloane Stephens in Cincinnati before closing down her 2013 season. “I feel much more excited to be back and to be playing healthy rather than going on a court and worrying whether I’d be worse or whether [playing ] was the right decision.”

Sharapova this year comes to New York happy with the team she’s assembled to back up her winning strategy — coach Sven Groenefeld joined the lineup in January — and believes she’s ready to put her best foot forward at the Open. Although she would have preferred to have gone beyond the Cincinnati semifinal where she had two match points before being edged out by Anna Ivanovic 6-2, 5-7, 7-5, Sharapova planned to quickly put that behind her.

“I think this year coming into it (the US Open) I should have a free state of mind after not playing it last year, and it mentally having been a very difficult period in my career,” Sharapova said. “So I really have nothing to lose going into it.”

But she definitely has a lot to gain, including the possibility of a sixth Grand Slam title and an overall 33rd career singles trophy. This year, in addition to her triumph at Roland Garros, Sharapova has won two other—at Stuttgart and Madrid. Although clay would never be considered her preferred surface, seven of her last eight titles have come on the dirt.

“I’ve given myself a good understanding of patience,” said Sharapova, explaining why she’s become more formidable on clay later in her career. “I’ve been putting a bit more work ethic into the physical aspect of my game, which wasn’t a strength of mine at the beginning of my career.”

No matter how Sharapova fares at Flushing Meadows, she already knows that her streak of winning at least one title every year since 2003 is safe for another season. But as a former world No. 1, who has already spent 21 non-consecutive weeks at the top of the rankings, Sharapova is approaching the challenge of the 2014 US Open with her usual fierce determination.

“I think at any Grand Slam it’s all about working through the tournament, pacing yourself, finding your rhythm, improving as the tournament goes on,” she said. “It’s about giving yourself the opportunity to keep playing and fighting for your spot out there.”

And for a player of Sharapova’s immense talents, the only acceptable spot is to be standing alone when the tournament ends.

http://2014.usopen.org/en_US/news/ar...html?promo=rss
Old Aug 19th, 2014, 05:57 AM   #1611
country flag nectar69

nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold

Has anybody seen the Tennis magazine article on Maria? She's on the cover and Steve Tignor did the story, but I don't think it's very good. I usually like his stuff, but it's kind of negative. He doesn't have many Maria quotes in it ,which is fine (it appears he just used stuff from the Wimbledon interviews, no one-on-one, which is fine). He keeps talking about how we've always wondered if Maria measures success by money or wins. I don't agree with that at all. I think it's always been obvious that Maria cared more about winning than anything else. He used an example as when she won Wimbledon she called her mom on a cell and then a year later Motorola sponsored her B-day party. This is from his story: "Which was the priority, the Wimbledon title or the cell phone sponsorship." He claims that now it's clear winning is top priority. Here's another excerpt I don't get: "But from her first stadium-filling shriek, there will likely be an ambivalence toward Sharapova from the audience. For all of her endorsements, she's not warm or easily loved." Huh? She has what 15 millions fans on facebook, I think a lot of people love her.
Anyway, I hope to have a little featurish story on Maria this week sometime, and I'll put a link up to it once it's done.
nectar69 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2014, 06:45 AM   #1612
country flag midaso

midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all midaso is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by nectar69 View Post
Has anybody seen the Tennis magazine article on Maria? She's on the cover and Steve Tignor did the story, but I don't think it's very good. I usually like his stuff, but it's kind of negative. He doesn't have many Maria quotes in it ,which is fine (it appears he just used stuff from the Wimbledon interviews, no one-on-one, which is fine). He keeps talking about how we've always wondered if Maria measures success by money or wins. I don't agree with that at all. I think it's always been obvious that Maria cared more about winning than anything else. He used an example as when she won Wimbledon she called her mom on a cell and then a year later Motorola sponsored her B-day party. This is from his story: "Which was the priority, the Wimbledon title or the cell phone sponsorship." He claims that now it's clear winning is top priority. Here's another excerpt I don't get: "But from her first stadium-filling shriek, there will likely be an ambivalence toward Sharapova from the audience. For all of her endorsements, she's not warm or easily loved." Huh? She has what 15 millions fans on facebook, I think a lot of people love her.
Anyway, I hope to have a little featurish story on Maria this week sometime, and I'll put a link up to it once it's done.
She has a large number of fans in places like India,Egypt,Indonesia,places where tennis isn't played in high numbers. I mean,she has alot of fans,but it seems like she's not very popular on tennis forums like these. I go on a few different tennis forums,and there's very few people who actually seem to like her. Obviously,quite a high number on tf though...
midaso is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2014, 07:14 AM   #1613
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

Meanwhile, she's getting bashed quite a bit on the media for the "check her blood pressure" thing....
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2014, 07:54 AM   #1614
country flag buian

Maria Sharapova’s Guide to Life Success
Aug 18 By Alexandra Marshall
Tennis star Maria Sharapova is a fierce competitor on the court, a knockout on the red carpet and an incredibly savvy businesswoman. She shares her secrets to keeping all those balls in the air. See Maria behind the scenes at her photo shoot!

"I have a competitive drive," Maria Sharapova says. "It's ferocious and powerful, and it's about winning." They're bold words, though in person, the 27-year-old comes across as entirely unassuming, even a little shy, as she orders a latte in skinny jeans and python ballet flats. But neither the pretty, leafy setting of the café where we meet, which happens to be in Wimbledon Village, nor her soft tone of voice distract from the power of her message. Sharapova is a hellion on the court—as those who've watched her since she stormed onto the women's tennis tour 10 years ago, snatching victory from Serena Williams in a historic match, already know. She's no slouch off the court, either: In the last decade, deal by deal, venture by venture, she's become Brand Maria, extending her reach into fashion, philanthropy, beauty, even sweets, and topping the 2014 Forbes list of the world's highest-paid female athletes.

Sharapova and I are on the village's High Street as we talk, and the specter of the upcoming tournament hovers around us. She'll end up not making it to the quarterfinals this time, but at this moment, she is calm. It's three days after her landmark win at the French Open.

She says, with a laugh: "After I did a picture with the trophy, I got on the train [to London] with a friend, and we're lugging our bags around, and I was, like, 'Wait, I just won the French Open yesterday! Where are the butlers?'" She's joking, but with everything she's pulled off, a butler really might seem fitting.

Yet Sharapova talks about her career as if it were just another day at the office, one where she is both the talent and the CEO. Looking back on how it all started—well, imagine if it were you, and you were 17: "I was very inexperienced," she says. "But I was not nervous at all. As soon as I got out there onto the court, it was like I had horse blinders on. You get this narrow vision."

After Sharapova, leggy and hugely ambitious, achieved that 2004 milestone, she could easily have shared the same fate as other players whose games never lived up to their marketing. And the marketing came on strong, dubbed Maria Mania, with an immediate Motorola deal and Sports Illustrated cover. But Sharapova turned out to have a vision that was both wide and deep: She signed those deals, and she continued to put in the hard work, developing a signature swing volley, a monster forehand and a shriek so loud when she made the tough shots that some have speculated it's simply a tactic to rattle her opponents.

In the last 10 years, she's shown that she is exceptionally committed to both her game and her businesses. Brands such as Tiffany & Co. and Avon have come calling, and she's designed a signature shoe and bag collection for Cole Haan since 2009. As for her own appearance, "When I'm out on the court, I'm not thinking about how I look," she says. "I do my ponytail in two seconds, and I'm not wearing a stitch of makeup. I'm confident in my skin, and I'm there to play the game." Still, her on-court style has undergone its own evolution. "Coming onto that first Wimbledon, there were two other girls wearing my same dress," she says. Winning put an end to that, as Nike started to create custom-designed gear for her, and she went through a phase of head-turning getups: a satin-and-crystal-trimmed little black number for the 2006 U.S. Open, a dress for the 2008 French Open that was accented with a Tiffany pearl, a Mediterranean-blue dress with a mesh overlay for the 2007 French.

She looks back on all of these ensembles with fondness, but today she is more minimalist. Partly, it's maturity—"I was a teenager. Of course I loved pinks and patterns!"—but mostly, it's business. "Those one-off pieces were great for entertainment value," she says, but since 2010, she has helped mastermind the Maria Sharapova Collection for Nike. "Designing for the mass market has really changed my thinking process and my on-court look. Even if I want to be the one pushing fashion on the court, today I want to do it in a way that a woman playing in a doubles league can wear, too." To many observers of the game, she's never looked better. The same could be said of her off-duty style, a mix of cool-kid designers such as Rick Owens, Isabel Marant and Raquel Allegra, all worn with offhand confidence.

That sense of how to put an outfit together has helped Sharapova on the red carpet, and she's signed on to be a face of the CFDA's Fashion Targets Breast Cancer initiative. She also fronts Avon's new fragrance, Luck, starring in a glossy campaign shot by Pamela Hanson. It's not her first time at the perfume rodeo, but this time her heart is in it. "I did my own scent once, and it wasn't my thing," she says. "I felt like I was doing the same thing that every other famous person was doing. This time, it's been a lot of fun."

http://www.self.com/body/celebrity/2...uccessful-life
Old Aug 19th, 2014, 08:10 PM   #1615
country flag Fan de Tennis

Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abuttons View Post
Meanwhile, she's getting bashed quite a bit on the media for the "check her blood pressure" thing....
She shaded their beloved Miss Boring and there isn't anything interesting this week tennis-wise. At least with Maria they are sure to have something to do and to talk about.
Fan de Tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2014, 08:26 PM   #1616
country flag atominside

atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future

I dont think anyone can doubt the humility this girl has. She deserves all her success. On the court and off the court. Amazed. Dont think tennis will ever see someone like her in the next century.
atominside is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2014, 08:42 PM   #1617

Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold Fan de Tennis is a splendid one to behold

^ She is a treasure and great role model for the current women's sport, not only tennis.
She is maybe not very liked by the others players (jealousy ?) but she is the most cited by female athletes from the others sports as their model for her on and off court successes.
She knows where she comes from and how she became what and who she is. Like you said I don't think we'll see someone like her in the furure. The bar is very high.
Old Aug 19th, 2014, 10:32 PM   #1618
country flag riff

riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all riff is a name known to all

She started her success story quite young - 17 yo, I don't think people really grasp that fact. it's quite a miracle she kept her head straight, with all the money and fame and success.
riff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2014, 10:23 AM   #1619
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

The Edit have just released the issue with Maria

http://www.net-a-porter.com/magazine/261/10
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2014, 03:34 PM   #1620

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
The Edit have just released the issue with Maria

http://www.net-a-porter.com/magazine/261/10