WWW: Peak Davenport vs Peak Kvitova - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: WWW: Peak Davenport vs Peak Kvitova

Peak Davenport 96 82.05%
Peak Kvtiova 21 17.95%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 12:31 PM   #46
country flag Lord Choc Ice
Hot Messes Need Love

Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WWW: Peak Davenport vs Peak Kvitova

Kvitova has more raw groundstroke power I guess, but Davenport's serve is better and that's more important.

However, I watch this vid and while I still voted for Lindsay I think it would be extremely close.

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Lord Choc Ice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 12:35 PM   #47
country flag jj74

jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute

Am i the only one who finds this kind of thread absurd?

Example, peak Federer is better than peak Nadal, but would win peak Federer against peak Nadal? i don't think so.

And frankly, people overestimate peak Pierce. Yes, Mary was impressive when she was on, but that doesn't mean she was unbeatable, specially because there were ways to make her play worse. She was fantastic in RG 94, but in the final ASV was able to make her look a lot worse. Sometimes a player play bad because her opponent make her play bad
jj74 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 05:43 PM   #48
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Lindsay. Even on fucking clay.

While Petra has the ability to be electric, Lindsay embodies consistency and has superior stroke production on every shot. She might be a step slower than Petra but Lindsay was great at running girls ragged across the court, especially if she was in the zone.
Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 05:57 PM   #49
country flag forehand27

forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj74 View Post
Am i the only one who finds this kind of thread absurd?

Example, peak Federer is better than peak Nadal, but would win peak Federer against peak Nadal? i don't think so.

And frankly, people overestimate peak Pierce. Yes, Mary was impressive when she was on, but that doesn't mean she was unbeatable, specially because there were ways to make her play worse. She was fantastic in RG 94, but in the final ASV was able to make her look a lot worse. Sometimes a player play bad because her opponent make her play bad
Nadal only has a winning record vs Federer on clay and yes peak Nadal >>>>>>> peak Federer on clay.

Pierce would have crushed ASV in that French Open final just like she had Graf in the semis without the rain delay. The start of the match indicated no difference from how Roland Garros had gone to that point. Sanchez has to be one of the luckiest players ever in so many respects.
forehand27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 05:59 PM   #50
country flag forehand27

forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Maybe Peak Pierce. I am sorry but there is no way that anyone could deal with Petra when she is playing her best, depending on the surface. henin vs Kvitova on Grass when Kvitova is at her best: BYE BYE JUSTINE!!!
Peak Kvitova might beat peak Henin on grass but any other surface Justine would win easily. You obviously know that too, hence why you had to choose grass specifically. Imagine peak Justine vs whatever you consider peak Kvitova on clay (take the best clay tennis she has ever played to now, whenever you believe that is). Justine probably wins 6-1, 6-0.
forehand27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 05:56 PM   #51
country flag Leo_DFP

Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute

BUMP.

Kvitova proponents in this discussion, please step up? Or crawl away, because after her 16 16 loss to Cibulkova of all people, I wouldn't remotely place her in the same conversation as Davenport.
Leo_DFP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 12:05 AM   #52
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_DFP View Post
BUMP.

Kvitova proponents in this discussion, please step up? Or crawl away, because after her 16 16 loss to Cibulkova of all people, I wouldn't remotely place her in the same conversation as Davenport.
You are totally right, PEAK Kvitova totally played against Cibulkova
I was at that match
Peak Kvitova is better than Peak Davenport because she does everything better
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 12:33 AM   #53
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_DFP View Post
BUMP.

Kvitova proponents in this discussion, please step up? Or crawl away,
I stand by my earlier comment in this thread.
One swallow doesn't make a summer (one beatdown by a talented opponent doesn't change a thing).

By the way there's no point to be made by your lame condescending bump other than expose your concern that you are constantly thinking about Davenport whenever Kvitova plays a match - fearing and dreading in anticipation the result. Probably you already have had nightmares about Kvitty winning her 4th slam
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 12:40 AM   #54
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Peak Kvitova beats everyone except Peak Rena
Quote:
Maybe Peak Pierce. I am sorry but there is no way that anyone could deal with Petra when she is playing her best, depending on the surface.
Quote:
Peak Kvitova is better than Peak Davenport because she does everything better
Just STOP

Did you only start watching tennis around Wimbledon 2011?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenus Christ View Post
Wait Kerber's ankle I thought it was her shoulder..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macomere View Post
I hope its both.
Charlatan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 02:21 AM   #55
country flag MH0861

MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL. Kvitova could probably win a set on red clay, though.
MH0861 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 03:43 AM   #56
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickfalsetto View Post
Just STOP

Did you only start watching tennis around Wimbledon 2011?
You are right that I haven't seen tennis before 2005 because I was basically an infant
But I have seen Davenport through Highlights and full matches and she played in 2005 and I am not joking when I say that Kvitova does everything better
She probably has less Doubles sense but she moves as well, hits as hard (maybe not on forehand but if she's at her PEAK she hits her Forehand to Davenports backhand) and just moves her around the court better
On Clay she would win in 2, on American Hard she would win providing she doesn't have an Asthma attack and she would probably win on the Slower Australian Hard Courts
On Grass there would be many tiebreaks because even though Davenport has an arguably better Serve Petra is lefty
I am not even a huge Petra fan I have never posted in her thread or anything but Petra at her best would beat Lindsay at her best I don't think Petra has ever played her best but even the best I have seen her play is better than anything I have ever seen from Davenport I would expect that the vast majority of people would agree with me At least if you are objective, which you aren't
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 04:08 AM   #57
country flag Brerena

Brerena Brerena Brerena Brerena Brerena Brerena Brerena Brerena Brerena Brerena Brerena

Lindsay please don't listen to those sinners who voted for Kvitova
Brerena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 04:10 AM   #58
country flag Dominic

Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm tough one but I went with Davenport
Dominic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 05:05 AM   #59
country flag nfl46

nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future

At first, I thought this poll was a joke.

Peak Davenport! She still should have finished her career with over 5 Grand Slams.