2012 National Indoors - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 9th, 2012, 05:07 AM   #16
country flag knoxt

knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of
Re: 2012 National Indoors

How could scandalous have lost?!

And poor UVA dubs team that beat UCLA and then lost.. oh well, at least there is another UVA doubles team that advanced.
knoxt is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 9th, 2012, 04:20 PM   #17
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

Embree getting rolled by Susanyi, down 6-1, 2-0
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 04:47 PM   #18
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

Susanyi def. Embree 6-1, 6-1

Not surprised at the result but the scoreline is pretty shocking.

I know Anderson and Hardebeck are still alive, but I am starting to get the feeling that this tournament is going to have another Mather-like finalist. Maybe Boren or Herring?
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 09:02 PM   #19
country flag CTSEMT

Oyen beat Hardebeck

Now plays Herring tonight in rematch of SE regional final. Herring just beat Tere-Apisah in rematch of SE regional semi. Talk about deja vu
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 10:19 PM   #20
country flag knoxt

knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of

How the hell did Embree lose so easily?
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 01:17 AM   #21
country flag CTSEMT

Oyen avenged both of her losses this year in 1 day, now topping Herring 6-3 1-6 6-3.

So the semis are:
[5] Anderson (UCLA) vs Susanyi (CAL)
Schutting (CAL) vs Oyen (UF)

Quite a showing for Cal, duplicating USC's singles performance at All-Americans. Can they do one better?

Pretty confident whoever wins the first semi is going to take it. My money's still on Robin.
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 05:03 AM   #22
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSEMT View Post
Susanyi def. Embree 6-1, 6-1

Not surprised at the result but the scoreline is pretty shocking.

I know Anderson and Hardebeck are still alive, but I am starting to get the feeling that this tournament is going to have another Mather-like finalist. Maybe Boren or Herring?
Even further out, Oyen or Schutting, one of them will be there. That's preseason 22 for Schutting, 32 for Oyen.

I still wanna how Susanyi was not seeded. Come on, she is ranked AHEAD of Embree in the preseason rankings. Susanyi is 5. Robin is ranked 3, but seeded 5?

Oh, ITA, you continue to befuddle and amuse. I agree, the Anderson-Susanyi winner should take it, but who knows.

Sofie is having a fantastic fall.
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 05:09 AM   #23
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Did Sofie dropshot Krista to death?

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 01:47 PM   #24
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Embree's game is not built for indoors. If she runs into a more aggressive player who's on, like Susanyi apparently was yesterday, she's toast.
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 02:21 PM   #25
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

I was able to swing by the tournament yesterday and have some interesting notes about matches, players, coaches, and teams. For example I think Roland only came to Lauren's aid on one changeover despite the drubbing she received. I know she's a veteran and all but I feel like he left her up to dry. He was spending all his time with Danielle...I never saw Allie Will in person but I think Danielle may be the next diva/brat in training? Or maybe she was just pissed she was missing her bf (pretty sure) who was playing at the same time.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 02:45 PM   #26
country flag CTSEMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorFan
Even further out, Oyen or Schutting, one of them will be there. That's preseason 22 for Schutting, 32 for Oyen.
Yeah, they would both certainly qualify. Particularly surprised by Oyen as I would not have pegged her game as particularly well-suited to indoors. Glad to see she finally starting to live up to the fairly high WTA ranking she came to college with - she is easily my favorite UF player to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
For example I think Roland only came to Lauren's aid on one changeover despite the drubbing she received. I know she's a veteran and all but I feel like he left her up to dry.
This is no different than any time I have seen UF. I believe Lauren doesn't like to be coached during her matches. Roland and Dave pretty much just leave her to figure things out and it has proven a pretty successful strategy for the most part, even if it didn't work out yesterday.
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 03:32 PM   #27
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker1989 View Post
Embree's game is not built for indoors. If she runs into a more aggressive player who's on, like Susanyi apparently was yesterday, she's toast.
I don't think Zsofi's game is especially more aggressive than Lauren But I didn't watch the match

Nicole avenges her 3-set loss against Zoe at WAATC, beat her in 2, 4 & 4 in consolation.

And USC is aiming for the repeat title and their 3rd slam against... UVA I was sure USC and PEPP would duke it out Stephanie already positioning herself into an elite dbls player (well she WAS in junior)

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 03:37 PM   #28
country flag fantic

And Robin..I guess her greatest hurdle was against Lorraine Guillermo of PEPP at SW R (Robin won in 3)

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 04:17 PM   #29
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
I don't think Zsofi's game is especially more aggressive than Lauren But I didn't watch the match
She's definitely more aggressive and hits flatter. I'm not saying she's a ballbasher, but Lauren's game is built around her defense and loopy strokes, as you know, which I can't imagine translate well indoors
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 06:28 PM   #30
country flag knoxt

I was at the tournament this morning and saw Xi/Nauta of UVA defeat the Pepperdine team, as well as Vierra/Epstein defeat the whiny Penn doubles team. I'm excited that tomorrow we'll have an all UVA-USC for the womens dubs championships and consolation final.

The Pepperdine team was not playing badly at all. In fact they were very solid at the net and volleyed effectively to put away most winners. They were consistent, but not spectacular in terms of producing big groundstrokes. UVA on the other hand had a very slow start. Xi was mishitting her volleys and spraying balls, while the freshman Nauta made less errors. Nauta has a huge serve - her down-the-line serve really made the difference. UVA became more comfortable and they started hitting huge forehand winners down the line. Both Xi and Nauta have big groundstrokes, compared to the Pepperdine team.

Now on to Vierra/Epstein, I think experience was the major difference here. The Penn team was not very experienced and they didn't have weapons at all to hurt UVA. Vierra/Epstein were really consistent and took more chances to put away balls. Eskenazi, the Argentinean, played a lot of topspin and slices which weren't that effective indoors. Vierra put away a lot of balls at the net. There were a couple of instances were Eskenazi and Vierra bitched at each other. In one instance, Vierra contested a call and Eskenazi said to her, "I told you 500 times it was out!" On matchpoint, Eskenazi's partner, Latycheva, hit a first served that looked out and Vierra called it out. The Penn team became whiny and started arguing that the first serve was not out. The point was over after the second serve, and the Penn team did not want to shake hands. But Vierra offered to shake hands anyway, haha. I didn't know that girls could be this bitchy!!!