Ask the PAW Board - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 30th, 2012, 11:37 PM   #1
country flag sdtoot

sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute
Ask the PAW Board

Please use this thread to post questions to the PAW Board. These can be clarification of rules, suggestions for rule changes or any other issues which are related to the PAW game.
sdtoot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 03:21 AM   #2
country flag jrm

jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ask the PAW Board

Maybe a ranking for international tournaments could decide who plays the last tournament of the year instead of winners
Current crushes: Johannes STRATE Tom BATEMAN Éric BRUNEAU
Simply the best: Ole Einar BJØRNDALEN and JANNE AHONEN
jrm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 02:51 PM   #3
country flag jrm

jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute

still have major issue about players that enter tournaments using PR, i pressume Petkovic will use PR in 2013 and commitment lists do give away info what ranking place player entered the event; let's say Petkovic enters Sydney tournament with PR of 11, we should use points of player ranked 11th in the rankings
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 01:16 AM   #4
country flag purtov

purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrm View Post
still have major issue about players that enter tournaments using PR, i pressume Petkovic will use PR in 2013 and commitment lists do give away info what ranking place player entered the event; let's say Petkovic enters Sydney tournament with PR of 11, we should use points of player ranked 11th in the rankings
Tina, you suggest to replace points for Petkovic with 471 on 3685?

Discrepancy of a ranking to force of the player is a serious problem, and concerns to many players, not only who uses PR.

The expert probably would replace 471 on 2000 or 2500, but not on 3685, and has corrected points still to some players. We have no expert, and it is better to not change points for all players.
purtov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2012, 02:12 AM   #5
country flag jrm

i got to ask, all all my ideas bad, stupid or make no sense not once has anything i have proposed been treated as a good idea
Old Nov 6th, 2012, 05:49 AM   #6
country flag purtov

purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of

Quote:
i got to ask, all all my ideas bad, stupid or make no sense not once has anything i have proposed been treated as a good idea
Tina, your ideas like me.

But the finest idea is firstly rejected. The good idea should be advanced, that the number of supporters one step at a time increased.

Let's try to develop idea of updating of ranking?
Yes, we have no expert. It is necessary to find it. Perhaps, somebody will agree to become them? Further one of possible versions. The expert can have the right to increase ranking to one or two players of any tournament, on 1000 or 500 points.

Then for Petkovic it will be appointed 471+1000=1471 pts. Or 471+500=971. I would choose 1471.

Last edited by purtov : Nov 6th, 2012 at 05:55 AM.
purtov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2012, 09:46 AM   #7
country flag sdtoot

sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maybe a ranking for international tournaments could decide who plays the last tournament of the year instead of winners
The first TOC's involved players ranked 17 to 32 in the final Race rankings. Some players proposed that it was better to follow the WTA system and allow the top ranking International winners (who didn't play at the YEC's) to play at the TOC's. We had a vote on this and the majority of players voted to follow the WTA system.

This propopsal is another variation and would involve a new set of Race rankings for the International tournaments. Obviously it would involve more work for the PAW rankings co-ordinator at a time when we lose our current helper (FrOzon) from the start of next year. Therefore this proposal would have to be discussed between the PAW Board members in the off-season and more importantly, would need to be discussed with the person who takes over the rankings from next season, to see if they are happy to take on more work.

Quote:
This issue has always been a difficult one for the PAW game, where a high ranked player returns back from injury with a very low ranking. Recent examples of Clijsters, Henin come to mind. Once again, if we try to redress the situation by artificially giving a higher ranking to a player then it adds another level of complexity into PAW management at a time when we have difficulty recruiting managers. My personal opinion is that this is just another part of the game which players have to build into their picking strategy but again, I think the PAW Board should look into any suggestions which could improve this issue in the off-season.
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 03:49 AM   #8
country flag wateva

wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute

I suggest a thread to update the title winners for the past few years (or maybe past year). Although it would be more work for the runners of the game. Because I don't remember if I have won any titles this year!

For the latest match previews and analysis, follow my blog: http://wonderfulwta.blogspot.com/
wateva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 12:49 PM   #9
country flag sdtoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by wateva View Post
I suggest a thread to update the title winners for the past few years (or maybe past year). Although it would be more work for the runners of the game. Because I don't remember if I have won any titles this year!
The PAW Roll of honour thread has been run by Barlos in recent years but he has not been active on the forum for the past couple of months. Hopefully he will be back soon and can bring the thread fully up to date.
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 03:53 PM   #10
country flag Håkon

Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
but they are not officially released for all tournaments, so that doesn't really help.

What about: If a non-wild card player has less than 100 points less than the player above her in the commitment list, then their ranking points are set to the player above minus 100 points.

So for example, Szávay would get 985 points for New Haven http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=466339 . This does create some problems with players who had a high acceptance list rank but then fell before the main draw; for example, Pervak would get 985 points for Cincinnati. http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=465770 , and Pervak 985 and Martínez Sánchez 885 for Montreal http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=465480 . It does have the benefit of being relatively easy to implement, as long as you remember that the rule is in place.
yet the weakest one still

twitter
Håkon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote