Maria's Exho-Whore offseason cheering thread. - Page 33 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 10th, 2012, 07:10 PM   #481
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future
Re: Maria's Exho-Whore offseason cheering thread.

Didn't Maria hit overhead vollies during Brazil exho match? That's so unreal.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 10th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #482
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

^ she hit 2 in a row at one point
TrollPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 07:58 AM   #483
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenK View Post
^Yeah. I liked what I saw from the Brazil exho, but part of me was wondering how well she'd be able to play that way against Vika or Serena in a real match and whether she would be able to come in as much against Vika's returns for example. While Woz is a nice person and tries to make them fun, I wish Maria would have an exho with someone who takes them more seriously[ so that she (and MUCH more importantly, we) can gauge her game as if it was a real match. Not Vika because I think both of them would try to kill each other or Masha would take it way seriously and risk injury in a meaningless exho, like in Prague, but maybe Kerber, Li or Kvitty - dangerous players that can cause Masha trouble.

And, yeah, the exho gives me hope that there are changes she and Hogstedt are making that I hope will lead to better results.
Well, since Woz has experienced for the last half a week or so how much everyone appreciates that she's a nice person chances are that she'll just concentrate on the tennis in the next one. Everything that she would do other than just playing tennis would be put under the microscope, so I hope that she won't give the lynch mob any new material to work with. Besides, it's not only Maria who needs a real test to see where her game is at. Caroline needs it even more considering how poorly she played last week. While Maria very obviously was perfectly willing to give Caroline some points here and there in a "fuck if I care" exho, if Caroline wants a real match I'm sure that Maria will give her one.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 02:53 PM   #484
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, since Woz has experienced for the last half a week or so how much everyone appreciates that she's a nice person chances are that she'll just concentrate on the tennis in the next one. Everything that she would do other than just playing tennis would be put under the microscope, so I hope that she won't give the lynch mob any new material to work with. Besides, it's not only Maria who needs a real test to see where her game is at. Caroline needs it even more considering how poorly she played last week. While Maria very obviously was perfectly willing to give Caroline some points here and there in a "fuck if I care" exho, if Caroline wants a real match I'm sure that Maria will give her one.
Chrissie-fan All this bullsh*t over the last 2 days over an absolute non-issue.
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 03:48 PM   #485
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
Yeah I loved the changes I saw in her forehand. For me the biggest issue with it post-surgery is that she doesn't get enough width on it, because where she would usually reverse the follow-through she was now hitting through it across her body (probs to alleviate stress on the shoulder, kind of like her overhead phobia) and the shot suffered because of it. But I feel like towards the end of the season she was getting a lot more width on the cross-court and was able to get her arm through the shot better on down the lines so it's a much crisper shot. She's absorbing pace a lot better on that side lately too. I'm sure it's just her becoming for comfortable with it.

The backhand looked slightly different too. Like more of an open racket face after the take-back, but it's still a beautiful shot like always.

What I really like about Hogstedt is that I feel he truly has a long-term approach to Maria's tennis. There have been steady improvements made basically since they started working together (when you take away a couple of injuries she's had). That's what makes me so excited for 2013, because there's nothing to say that these improvements won't continue.
Agreed 100%. Her forehand from the US Open onwards this year was the best it's been since the surgery imo (best of all were sets 2 and 3 against Bartoli at the US Open, where she just suddenly started ripping FH winners at will right from the back of the court). I feel like she's finally found the happy medium where she's putting some topspin on it to keep it secure, but still hitting through it smoothly enough and transferring her weight enough for it to really get through the court. Until then, usually since the surgery, she'd been trying to either hit it uber-flat a la 2004-08Pova which was just too inconsistent for her post-surgery (2010), or going to the other extreme and just brushing up the back of the ball on the FH side and leaving it to sit up really short a lot of the time (2012, the nadir being the crap she was producing off that wing at Wimbledon this year ).

I actually kind of hope Maria and Hogstedt are spending LESS time on her serve than I'm presuming they did the last couple of offseasons, and instead are really working on her forehand and return, because those are the things that stopped her having even more success than she did in 2012. But I agree with you, I can't help but feel that if she just makes a few improvements, she could be on course for something REALLY special in 2013. But that might just be the delusional fanboy in me talking
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2012, 08:03 PM   #486
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

When is her next exho? Something with Woz in Asia is it not?
AnnieIWillKnow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2012, 08:15 PM   #487
country flag AniaSharapova

AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
When is her next exho? Something with Woz in Asia is it not?
Yes. 28th December- Maria and Caro in Seoul.
AniaSharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2012, 10:45 PM   #488
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

^^ Thanks!
AnnieIWillKnow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2012, 12:13 PM   #489

AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold

Maria pulled out from Seoul exhibition due to clavicle injury.
Old Dec 25th, 2012, 12:19 PM   #490
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AniaSharapova View Post
Good news. That last exo wasn't necessary at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2012, 12:19 PM   #491
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Really? Source? Is it serious? I am starting to worry for Brisbane
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2012, 12:25 PM   #492
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

I was quite excited. They haven't mentioned anything other than there is an injury, no details on severity so it likely means she still intends to play Brisbane.
Old Dec 25th, 2012, 12:25 PM   #493

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
Really? Source? Is it serious? I am starting to worry for Brisbane
I read about this on Twitter today. Almost every Maria and Caro's fan wrote this news.
I don't think we should worry about this. I'm almost sure this "clivicle injury" it's just an excuse from skipping this needless exho.
Old Dec 25th, 2012, 12:38 PM   #494
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
I read about this on Twitter today. Almost every Maria and Caro's fan wrote this news.
I don't think we should worry about this. I'm almost sure this "clivicle injury" it's just an excuse from skipping this needless exho.
It makes sence, I have been waiting for it, but the time gap is really small, so I guess you are right.

Updated: link http://nwww.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20121225000268

Last edited by Asanty : Dec 25th, 2012 at 12:46 PM.
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2012, 02:00 PM   #495
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

I hope it is just an excuse not to play.