Maria is not in holidays yet | Sofia - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 29th, 2012, 03:25 PM   #1
country flag Remix13

Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of
Maria is not in holidays yet | Sofia

So after showing the world who is the doubles queen (ok Nadia helped too), Kiri has still some matches to play in Sofia, Bulgaria. Her opponents in RR are :

- Zheng, I don't like it because Maria often struggles against her
- Pironkova, so random but she's at home...
- Petrova, of course it's a special match against her doubles partner...

Good luck.
Advertisement

Old Oct 29th, 2012, 08:09 PM   #2
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all
Re: Maria is not in holidays yet | Sofia

I think kiri could win 2 of 3 matches in the round robin, and should reach the SF then
She has a lot of self-confidence in her bag from istanbul..

DAVAI maria

...olympic bronze medalist...
peterlein is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 07:03 PM   #3
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation

Last tournament of the year, hope she is healthy and plays well. Should be able to advance.
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 07:36 PM   #4
country flag JimM

JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold

Maria beats Tsveti 6-1 6-4

JimM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 08:28 PM   #5
country flag Remix13

Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of

Cool ! She's playing Zheng or Nadia now ?
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 08:56 PM   #6
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix13 View Post
Cool ! She's playing Zheng or Nadia now ?
next she will play nadia. Tomorrow at 3:50 PM local time.

solid win from kiri today over tsveti, but she can play better! some silly errors, but tsveti wasn't at her best neither.
In the 2nd set, tsveti had gamepoints to go up 3-0....Well, a win is a win

Kiri has to raise her level to beat nadia I guess. But even if she should lose, she still has good chances to advance! DAVAI MARIA

Old Nov 1st, 2012, 09:25 AM   #7
country flag Remix13

Arf Nadia... I don't see Kiri win but we'll see.

I'd prefer if she would have play Nadia in the last match and then they could make an arrangment for both qualify
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 02:29 PM   #8
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Nice win for Makiri over Pironkova yesterday in Sofia. Especially since Tvetsi had the home crowd to cheer her on and inspire her.
Big match for Maria today against Nadia. I hope Kiri can take advantage of this great opporunity in Sofia. Let's hope Petrova has one of her bad days today with lots of UE's.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 04:27 PM   #9
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Kirilenko serving at 6 - 3 3 - 4. Great chance for Masha to make the semi's of Sofia.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

Old Nov 1st, 2012, 06:11 PM   #10
country flag peterlein

and Kiri lost in three sets, 6-3, 6-7 and 3-6

maria had a breakpoint in the first game of the 2nd set, but blew it....then she unfortunately gets broken, despite having a gamepoint: 0-2
She levels up to 2-2 then, and to 3-3.
At *3-4 then, Maria was up 40-0 in her service game, but still managed to get broken
Again she fights back, playing some great tennis, to reach the tiebreak. The momentum was with her, but she played a terrible tiebreak.

In the 3rd set, Kiri served first, and she was up 40-0 again. AND yeah, guess what, nadia breaks her
I was so furious then, that I didn't want to watch the rest of the match. I guess it was a good decision. I just checked the scoreboard at *2-3, 15-30, 2nd serve Nadia, so I guess kiri had other chances for a turnaround..

This loss is frustrating and was unnecessary!! I mean, two times broken from 40-0...

Now she has to win against Zheng? Or what if Nadia wins over Tsveti in two sets? Then Kiri can even lose tomorrow to reach the SF, am I right?

Maria will play again the first match tomorrow, 3:50 PM local time, (2:50 CET)
Davai Kiri, we believe in you

Old Nov 1st, 2012, 06:55 PM   #11
the cat

This match is Maria's career in a nutshell. She plays well for stretches of a match but then she can't close. This is just another case of that. Kiri is not a finisher. She had a great chance to win this match in straight sets and make the semi's.

Old Nov 1st, 2012, 09:00 PM   #12
country flag Remix13

Well Maria...

Hopefully she can beat Zheng tomorrow.
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 09:03 PM   #13
country flag peterlein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix13 View Post
Well Maria...

Hopefully she can beat Zheng tomorrow.
I just read that she had to withdraw

had she just won that stupid tiebreak

Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 09:13 AM   #14
country flag Remix13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKiri rulezzz View Post
I just read that she had to withdraw

had she just won that stupid tiebreak
Indeed, Arvidsson is set to play against Zheng

We'll see in 2013.
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 06:00 PM   #15
the cat

What a shame for Maria. She is banged up and I have never seen her wear such a big knee bandage as she has lately. She must really be hurting if she had to withdraw from Sofia. The bad news is Kiri has less than 2 months to recover and start 2013 off healthy. Perhaps she should take some real time off and come back in February or March. She needs to get her left knee issue resolved so she can have a good 2013. If Maria can't run really well she has little chance to win titles or make the top 10. Getting healthy is the most important thing.

Overall in 2012 Kiri had alot of ups and downs. It was a pretty good year for her. But she played too much tennis for her delicate physique to handle and that showed in her poor results from after the Olympics on. I hope masha cuts back on her schedule next year. She really needs to.