Serena's 2013 schedule - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2013, 06:23 PM   #76
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serena's 2013 schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenaMJ View Post
Well, there is 2 weeks time between Charleston and Stuttgart so she can play both, she will rather skip Fed Cup in April.
Maybe she wanted additional tournament because she is not going to play Doha or Dubai?
That's a good point. Also I didn't realise there was a two week gap. Ok, so maybe she is playing 4 clay court tournaments, going all out.

I guess the problem is if she wins Miami and then has to play Charleston. If she's on top of her game and winning easily that shouldn't be a problem.
Olórin is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 31st, 2013, 06:49 PM   #77
country flag Alarmed

Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future

She better play Fed Cup. Or she doesn't go to the Olympics. The Olympic Committee already excused her nonparticipation the last four years. I don't see them doing it again.

Oldest #1 in WTA history
Alarmed is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 08:46 PM   #78
country flag Maddox
No Acid in this house

Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute

I see her pulling out of Doha and or Dubai and also pulling out of Stuttgart
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 03:16 AM   #79
country flag Lulu.
`

Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be dissapointed if she doesn't play Stuttgart. Much better prep for RG than Charleston.

|||||||||||||||||||||||
Lulu. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 10:08 AM   #80
country flag harloo

harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute

I really hope Serena is more careful with these injuries. On twitter she stated that she as trying to hit balls and I think it's to soon. She's older now and needs to take care of her body. I don't want to see her go out of any more important tournaments due to injury. Personally, I think she should cut her schedule down completely.

harloo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:07 AM   #81
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by harloo View Post
I really hope Serena is more careful with these injuries. On twitter she stated that she as trying to hit balls and I think it's to soon. She's older now and needs to take care of her body. I don't want to see her go out of any more important tournaments due to injury. Personally, I think she should cut her schedule down completely.
Yeah, this is why I wasn't keen on the news of her playing Charleston, it's superfluous to requirements.
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 01:39 PM   #82
country flag nathanj594

nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hBence View Post
Family Circle Cup ‏@FamilyCircleCup
Defending Cup Champion @SerenaWilliams will return to Charleston for our 41st tournament. RT if you're excited! #chs #tennis
This excites me because I go to the Charleston tournament every year!
I think Venus is coming as well, so I'm excited to hear this news. Although, I think at least one of them is going to pull out with injury, having at least one of my favs there is a big deal!

Ree & Vee - Sveta Kuz - Kleybanova
nathanj594 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 03:27 PM   #83
country flag Alarmed

Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future

Why should she cut down her schedule? She played a full schedule last year and came out of it fine. Australia was just bad luck. Had nothing to do with her body. I think she knows what she's doing. None of us know what is really going on with her. We can only speculate. She's lasted 13+ years on tour.

Oldest #1 in WTA history
Alarmed is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 03:40 PM   #84
Olórin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarmed View Post
Why should she cut down her schedule? She played a full schedule last year and came out of it fine. Australia was just bad luck. Had nothing to do with her body. I think she knows what she's doing. None of us know what is really going on with her. We can only speculate. She's lasted 13+ years on tour.
Last year flatters to deceive because she missed the second week of two of the Grand Slams, that was two extra weeks of rest which allowed her to put more into regular tournaments, and even then she nearly over did it with the intense Wimbledon to US Open run and the tiredness which brought her two points away from losing the US Open final.

That's why I'm in agreement that Serena needs to keep her schedule on the slim side if she's serious about last the clay season and winning ALL the remaining Grand Slams this year. I'm most interested in Serena's Grand Slam record and while the 17-2 for 2012 was excellent it's still a far cry from 21-0 which is what Serena did in 2002 and what she should be aiming for in the next three slams.
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 07:08 PM   #85
country flag hBence

hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute

Serena Williams ‏@serenawilliams
In 10 days RT“@NG_EboniO: @serenawilliams when is your next tournament? #SerenaFriday”

Yes. God willing RT“@ShortySooFine: @serenawilliams Are you still coming to QATAR? #SerenaFriday”

Serena Williams - Ági Szávay - Venus Williams - Andrea Petkovic - Rafa Nadal - Timi Babos - Svetlana Kuznetsova - Lewis Hamilton
hBence is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 07:13 PM   #86
country flag Z1988

Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hBence View Post
In 10 days RT“@NG_EboniO: @serenawilliams when is your next tournament? #SerenaFriday”

Yes. God willing RT“@ShortySooFine: @serenawilliams Are you still coming to QATAR? #SerenaFriday”
Yay!! Hopefully it means her injuries are all fully healed and not as bad as previously thought!!
Z1988 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 07:30 PM   #87
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Her schedule is so full
1 Brisbane
2 Australian Open
3 Doha
4 Dubai
5 Miami
6 Charleston
7 Stuttgart (I hope she doesn't play like everyone here wants)
8 Madrid
9 Rome
10 French Open
11 Wimbledon
12 Sweden
13 Cincinatti
14 US Open

I hope she doesn't play Stuttgart, it wasn't because of her prep that she lost in RG, it's because of her nerves. Madrid and Rome are already very good prep for RG.

Last edited by dencod16 : Feb 1st, 2013 at 07:36 PM.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 06:05 AM   #88
country flag Yoncé
On His Mouth Like Liquor

Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute

She needs to withdraw from Charleston its useless for RG and now she has to play the April tie to qualify for Rio. Stuttgart >> Charleston for RG prep, plus when she's won Charleston she's lost to Sterbotnik and Razzano in Paris
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 11:03 AM   #89
country flag Lulu.
`

Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute

Yep. She should play on nothing but red clay the whole season.

|||||||||||||||||||||||
Lulu. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 08:14 PM   #90
country flag adamserenavenus

adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold

Serena is also playing Stanford & Toronto.
adamserenavenus is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread