Serena's 2013 schedule - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 29th, 2012, 01:39 AM   #16
country flag TheLegendof

TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future
Re: Your views of Serena's 2013 schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamserenavenus View Post
I wanted to know if anyone is thinking that Serena could play Mixed Doubles at the Australian Open & French Open.
I really hope not. She has her entire Oldrena career to win mixed slams. Now that she is in her (probable) last peak, she needs to focus on winning 19 slams. No easy feat, but I think she can get it done with focus, calm play, and some luck (no major injury). Patrick at the French should be a big help too. I was actually glad she lost US Open doubles this year -- too much of a distraction, and too tiring.

Vee Townsend Keys Mladenovic
TheLegendof is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 29th, 2012, 01:56 AM   #17
country flag adamserenavenus

adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendof View Post
I really hope not. She has her entire Oldrena career to win mixed slams. Now that she is in her (probable) last peak, she needs to focus on winning 19 slams. No easy feat, but I think she can get it done with focus, calm play, and some luck (no major injury). Patrick at the French should be a big help too. I was actually glad she lost US Open doubles this year -- too much of a distraction, and too tiring.
I have to disagree it is important that she gets the Mixed Doubles titles at the Australian Open & French Open at this moment in her career so that she can have all 4 Grand Slams in Singles, Doubles & Mixed Doubles and I want her to get that Mixed Doubles Gold Medal at the 2016 Rio Olympics and I am glad that she is playing Bastad as she can earn another title on red/orange Clay and I really want her to get the Singles at the Australian Open in 2013.
adamserenavenus is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 02:19 AM   #18
country flag sweetadri06

sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't give a fuck about Stuttgart, I think Madrid and Rome are enough prep. She likes Charleston, and the crowd is great plus she has to defend points. The firs round loss at RG was not about clay prep, it was about her mental demons in Paris. Hopefully she goes straight to Europe after Miami/Charleston and Patrick calms her down.
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 05:16 AM   #19
country flag Alarmed

Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future

Quote:
Well, the odds are that that she's going to play some sort of doubles no matter what. She always wants to play doubles at Slams and played/attempted to play some sort of doubles at all four Slams this year. The only question for me is if she plays with Venus or plays Mixed at the AO.

And to the poster who said Sydney was the week before the AO, that's probably exactly the reason why she no longer plays there. Serena isn't stupid, she doesn't play the week before Slams, but until Brisbane was made a Premier event there was really only Sydney for her to play. And isn't Sydney being downgraded anyways? Or did I just make that up in my head.

Oldest #1 in WTA history
Alarmed is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 06:44 AM   #20
country flag b2b

b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I have to disagree it is important that she gets the Mixed Doubles titles at the Australian Open & French Open at this moment in her career so that she can have all 4 Grand Slams in Singles, Doubles & Mixed Doubles and I want her to get that Mixed Doubles Gold Medal at the 2016 Rio Olympics and I am glad that she is playing Bastad as she can earn another title on red/orange Clay and I really want her to get the Singles at the Australian Open in 2013.
don't want her to get distracted. there are Golden Rena Slam,vika/pova super-bitch feat,too much at stake for the first half of next year.

mixed double title, she could still win them when she is like 40.
b2b is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 08:02 AM   #21
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

Is Charleston near her residential area? I need to know why she likes to play there. since green clay is slowly getting irrelevant the past few years.
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 08:32 AM   #22
country flag austin_ap5

austin_ap5 is a name known to all austin_ap5 is a name known to all austin_ap5 is a name known to all austin_ap5 is a name known to all austin_ap5 is a name known to all austin_ap5 is a name known to all austin_ap5 is a name known to all austin_ap5 is a name known to all austin_ap5 is a name known to all austin_ap5 is a name known to all austin_ap5 is a name known to all

Brisbane
Australian Open
Miami
Family Circle Cup
Fed Cup
Madrid
Rome
Roland Garros
Wimbledon
Stanford
Rogers Cup
Cincinnati
US Open
Beijing
Istanbul

maybe one or two other tournaments added on should she go out early and want more play...

i desperately want serena to win AO & RG in mixed to get the box set. that would be fucking amazing. but if venus is healthy and feeling up to it, i bet theyll play doubles instead. who knows, maybe serena doesnt even care about getting a career slam in mixed?
and now with patrick on board, 2013 will be all about the majors, particularly RG. i think we all want a second RG title more then anything... so does she i think. but no no matter what happens - win, lose, or draw - i just want a HEALTHY 2013.
austin_ap5 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 11:54 AM   #23
country flag frenchie

frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute

My ideal schedule for her would be :
Sydney
AO
Doha
Miami
Stuttgart
Madrid
Rome
RG
Wimbledon
Stanford
Cincinnati
USO
Beijing
YEC

Radwanska - S. Williams - V. Williams - Kerber
frenchie is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 01:27 PM   #24
country flag Serena_Williams_

Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of

I hope she skips Charleston and plays either Doha or Dubai,i really want her to play there
“I'm not used to crying. . . . It's a little difficult. All my life I've had to fight. It's just another fight I'm going to have to learn how to win, that's all. I'm just going to have to keep smiling.”-Serena Williams
Serena_Williams_ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 04:53 PM   #25
country flag adamserenavenus

adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin_ap5 View Post
Brisbane
Australian Open
Miami
Family Circle Cup
Fed Cup
Madrid
Rome
Roland Garros
Wimbledon
Stanford
Rogers Cup
Cincinnati
US Open
Beijing
Istanbul

maybe one or two other tournaments added on should she go out early and want more play...

i desperately want serena to win AO & RG in mixed to get the box set. that would be fucking amazing. but if venus is healthy and feeling up to it, i bet theyll play doubles instead. who knows, maybe serena doesnt even care about getting a career slam in mixed?
and now with patrick on board, 2013 will be all about the majors, particularly RG. i think we all want a second RG title more then anything... so does she i think. but no no matter what happens - win, lose, or draw - i just want a HEALTHY 2013.
Serena does care about getting the Career Grand Slam in Mixed Doubles she said after the Olympics that winning the Australian Open & French Open in Mixed Doubles was one of her main goals.
adamserenavenus is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 07:22 PM   #26
country flag austin_ap5

austin_ap5 is a name known to all austin_ap5 is a name known to all austin_ap5 is a name known to all austin_ap5 is a name known to all austin_ap5 is a name known to all austin_ap5 is a name known to all austin_ap5 is a name known to all austin_ap5 is a name known to all austin_ap5 is a name known to all austin_ap5 is a name known to all austin_ap5 is a name known to all

Quote:
Serena does care about getting the Career Grand Slam in Mixed Doubles she said after the Olympics that winning the Australian Open & French Open in Mixed Doubles was one of her main goals.
then lets make it happen!!
austin_ap5 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 07:28 PM   #27
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree, Serena should be concentrating on singles. Play doubles at Wimbledon just because she can and probably at the US Open too as they should go for a third title there. But other than that I do think both Serena and Venus should benefit from focusing entirely on singles at this point.

Maybe she will play Mixed at the AO and FO instead of doubles but I hope not. I want 100% of her energy going into singles next year which if she stays healthy should be even better than this year.
Olórin is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 11:55 AM   #28
country flag Adi1987

Adi1987 has a brilliant future Adi1987 has a brilliant future Adi1987 has a brilliant future Adi1987 has a brilliant future Adi1987 has a brilliant future Adi1987 has a brilliant future Adi1987 has a brilliant future Adi1987 has a brilliant future Adi1987 has a brilliant future Adi1987 has a brilliant future Adi1987 has a brilliant future

Singles :-

Brisbane International :
After the off season she is bound to be rusty. This is a good tournament to start the year with, instead of Hopman Cup or Hong Kong

Australian Open :
Major is a Major is a Major.

Fed Cup :
Hell naw, this is not an Olympic Year. No need to waste energy on this shit.

Sony Ericsson Open, Miami :
Backyard tournament that she has to play.

Family Circle Cup, Charleston :
Every year she has won this, she has flopped at the French. She needs to go to Europe straight away.

Mutua Madrilena Madrid Open :
All the top players will be there and this time it is back on red clay.

Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome :
She loves Rome and this is a good time to snatch Martha's wig and accelerate her momentum towards the French.

French Open :
Please win this.

Wimbledon :
Break your aces record of 102.

Sony Swedish Open, Bastad :
WHAT THE F**K.Get the appearance money, tank in the first round and get your ass to North America.

Bank of the West Classic, Stanford :
Perfect start to the Hard Court season.

Roger's Cup, Toronto :
Reach the quater-finals and then tank this tournament. I don't want her to repeat the 2011 fiasco by overplaying.

Cincinnati Open :
Reach the quater-finals and then tank this tournament. I don't want her to repeat the 2011 fiasco by overplaying.

US Open :
WIN THIS SHIT !!!

China Open, Beijing :
She is so not going to play this.

Generali Ladies Linz Open :
She is so not going to play this.

Sony Ericsson Championships, Istanbul :
Perfect end to the year.

Doubles :-

Sony Ericsson Open, Miami :
I would rather prefer her to win the doubles title over singles, given a choice. It is amazing that the sisters have not won the doubles title here.

Wimbledon :
Doubles always improves her singles play here.

Bank of the West Classic, Stanford :
YEEEES.

US Open :
This is exactly why I want her to tank Toronto and Cincinnati. Playing singles and doubles would be tire some for any player and especially for a "veteran".

China Open, Beijing :
Not happening.

Sony Ericsson Championships, Istanbul :
Their doubles schedule is too light to qualify plus they have to defend Wimbledon and Olympics points.

Mixed Doubles :-

Australian Open :
Please LAWD let her win this.

French Open :
Play this only if, she wins in Australia. I don't want anything f**king up the French campaign.
Adi1987 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 01:08 PM   #29
country flag Justin SW
Member of Rena's Army

Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute

^ No points awarded for doubles at the olympics. only singles.

Justin SW is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 06:00 PM   #30
country flag swim4life227

swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope she doesn't do doubles at the US Open. Long Summer and pulling double duty will only tire her out more. She should just focus on singles. Her losing in the doubles this year at the US was the best thing that could have happened to her.

Oh and she can do doubles at AO. The start of the year, she should be fresh, and if anything she'll be undercooked so that will help her fine tune her game.

I also hope she doesn't try to win the US Open Series. She already did that once so it's checked off the bucket list and it doesn't need to be done again. She can win at Stanford if she wants just to start the HC season out right but she needs to tank one of Canada/Cinci. Preferably Canada. None of these HC tournies outside of the slams have any prestige because they have *warm-up* status (except Miami and IW, and Beijing which sucks and isn't worth it). So none are really worth going the extra mile except for Miami (and IW, if she played there anymore).
swim4life227 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread