Which city would you want to see the WTA Championships 2014 & beyond be held? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which city is the best option?

Kazan, Russia 30 13.16%
Mexico City, Mexico 84 36.84%
Singapore 82 35.96%
Tianjin, China 7 3.07%
These choices suck...I'd prefer Doha 25 10.96%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 28th, 2012, 03:24 PM   #16
Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which city would you want to see the WTA Championships 2014 & beyond be held?

Mexico is the only somewhat redeemable option. Plus it is huge so it would not be that hard to find 10 000 people to attend compared to the other cities.
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 28th, 2012, 03:24 PM   #17
country flag deboraski

deboraski is a glorious beacon of light deboraski is a glorious beacon of light deboraski is a glorious beacon of light deboraski is a glorious beacon of light deboraski is a glorious beacon of light deboraski is a glorious beacon of light deboraski is a glorious beacon of light deboraski is a glorious beacon of light deboraski is a glorious beacon of light deboraski is a glorious beacon of light deboraski is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Which city would you want to see the WTA Championships 2014 & beyond be held?

Mexico City! To promote women's tennis I think is worth taking the risk of choosing a country that have little tradition in the sport. This is the type of new frontiers that the WTA should aim for. Tournaments in Big Cities in Big Countries instead of the Bakus of this world.
deboraski is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #18
country flag andyjason

andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold

I just feel that WTA would choose Kazan
andyjason is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 04:36 PM   #19
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Светльо View Post
Mexico is the only somewhat redeemable option. Plus it is huge so it would not be that hard to find 10 000 people to attend compared to the other cities.
This.

I'm quite surprised to see the finalists.
You would think the WTA could get some bigger names.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 05:01 PM   #20
Stadia

Stadia has a reputation beyond repute Stadia has a reputation beyond repute Stadia has a reputation beyond repute Stadia has a reputation beyond repute Stadia has a reputation beyond repute Stadia has a reputation beyond repute Stadia has a reputation beyond repute Stadia has a reputation beyond repute Stadia has a reputation beyond repute Stadia has a reputation beyond repute Stadia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggly View Post
This.

I'm quite surprised to see the finalists.
You would think the WTA could get some bigger names.
I know right, I would have understood it if the 4 cities were the only ones who applied A WTA report said they had 43 interested cities, it's a little weird they came up with this list (Kazan? Tianjin?).
Stadia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 05:05 PM   #21
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stadia View Post
I know right, I would have understood it if the 4 cities were the only ones who applied A WTA report said they had 43 interested cities, it's a little weird they came up with this list (Kazan? Tianjin?).
43 cities and freaking Kazan is a finalist?
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 05:16 PM   #22
Viktymise
King

Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute

Kazan would be horrific. Moscow is bad enough.
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #23
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute

Players would never accept to play such an important tournament at an altitude of 2,240 metres (7,350 ft) as in Mexico City.

Unless Kazan or Taijin place a spectacular $$$$ bid it looks like Singapore is a safe bet.
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 05:31 PM   #24
country flag Wiggly

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceboy View Post
Players would never accept to play such an important tournament at an altitude of 2,240 metres (7,350 ft) as in Mexico City.

Unless Kazan or Taijin place a spectacular $$$$ bid it looks like Singapore is a safe bet.
Serena and even Sharapova would never go to Kazan or Taijin.
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 05:32 PM   #25
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
43 cities and freaking Kazan is a finalist?
Firstly 43 interested just means some may have made initial contact with the WTA, many then probably took the application no further.

I don't think Kazan, Tianjin would be good cities but I'd imagine they fulfilled everything the WTA was looking for up until this point. Something most of the other 30-something didn't.

If one of those 2 get it I will be shocked to be honest, Mexico City and Singapore are World Cities are far more deserving of such an event imo.
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 05:33 PM   #26
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Serena and even Sharapova would never go to Kazan or Taijin.
Probably. That's why Singapore is the best choice. And one of my favourite cities
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 05:33 PM   #27
country flag SAISAI-GOAT

SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Tianjin

and Shuai Peng to receive a WC
Tennis Tipping GOATs - HAOCHEN-GOAT SAISAI-GOAT, Doubles Champs XWTA Wuhan P5 900
Tennis Tipping Faves - Frederik Igorche Inger67 joe87 Kəv kfh_9118 Michael! M.P New_balls_please
Tennis Tipping GOAT Armada Inger67 SAISAI-GOAT, Doubles Champs Shenzhen AO WC Playoff
SAISAI-GOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 05:34 PM   #28
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Mexico City most convenient for Serena I'd imagine, she wouldn't even have to leave North American from Wimbledon onwards, well of course she would "plan" on playing Beijing
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 05:38 PM   #29
country flag Edy.

Edy. has a brilliant future Edy. has a brilliant future Edy. has a brilliant future Edy. has a brilliant future Edy. has a brilliant future Edy. has a brilliant future Edy. has a brilliant future Edy. has a brilliant future Edy. has a brilliant future Edy. has a brilliant future Edy. has a brilliant future

I would want Mexico City or Singapore. Kazan
Edy. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 05:38 PM   #30
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute
Don't care as long its not in CHINA.

Kazan please.
Wert. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote