NBA thread 2012-13 - Page 18 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 21st, 2013, 08:56 PM   #256
country flag Mynarco
Zoooooooooom

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute
Re: NBA thread 2012-13

Tony Parker BB

Suicide: 08 Montreal 08 Stuttgart 09 USO 11 Eastbourne Stanford 13 Sydney Highest ranked #03
Tennis Tipping: 09 Cincy D 10 Brisbane D Copenhagen SD 11 Palermo D Beijing S 12 Pattaya S Stuttgart Baku D 13 Palermo D 14 Monterrey D(SCHR: 17 DCHR: 10)
Mynarco is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 03:19 AM   #257
country flag Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer16 View Post
Sick to my stomach.
Do you hate the Heat that much? Or are you a Spurs fan?

It will be interesting to see what the Spurs do this off-season. To be honest I thought their "window" had closed already but they could (should) have won the championship this season. Although the West was won perhaps thanks in part to Westbrook getting injured.

Will the Spurs keep their old guys? - Duncan and Ginobilli. Duncan could still play a few more years at a decent level I guess while Manu looks done. If they don't have Manu and/or Duncan will they have to try and get some star power with Parker? I wonder how good Green and Leonard would be - are they true stars or just very good role players?

Congrats to Miami who's off-season activities will also be interesting. Lebron might not get MJ's 6 titles but at least he's trying
Also happy for one of my all time favourite players - Ray Allen. He could also keep playing - just bring him in his wheelchair and he'll knock down the 3

All time favourite: Anna Chakvetadze

Will my weakness for an hour, make me suffer for a life time?
Invisible Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 02:52 PM   #258
country flag Frederik

Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute

I lost all my respect for Ray Allen when he decided to join a conference rival and become a ring whore to get his 2nd ring.
Frederik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 03:24 PM   #259
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder who will join the Heat next season Fellowship of the Ring continues!

Also is it true that Manu was the MVP for the Heat? Haven't seen one game, so..

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Jun 22nd, 2013 at 03:44 PM.
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 06:58 PM   #260
country flag Archer16

Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible Fan View Post
Do you hate the Heat that much? Or are you a Spurs fan?

It will be interesting to see what the Spurs do this off-season. To be honest I thought their "window" had closed already but they could (should) have won the championship this season. Although the West was won perhaps thanks in part to Westbrook getting injured.

Will the Spurs keep their old guys? - Duncan and Ginobilli. Duncan could still play a few more years at a decent level I guess while Manu looks done. If they don't have Manu and/or Duncan will they have to try and get some star power with Parker? I wonder how good Green and Leonard would be - are they true stars or just very good role players?

Congrats to Miami who's off-season activities will also be interesting. Lebron might not get MJ's 6 titles but at least he's trying
Also happy for one of my all time favourite players - Ray Allen. He could also keep playing - just bring him in his wheelchair and he'll knock down the 3
I hate the Heat that much And after the joy of 2011 (poetic justice) must come suffering.
I'm not a Spurs fan but I appreciate what they're doing. The contrast in building the two teams' rosters is quite striking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederik View Post
I lost all my respect for Ray Allen when he decided to join a conference rival and become a ring whore to get his 2nd ring.
Much like Invisible Fan, Ray Allen is also one of my all time favorite players (the fact that he shared the backcourt in college with perhaps my all-time favorite local player might have helped).
He didn't exactly spend most of his NBA career in Boston so that he joined one "big 3" then another to get a couple of rings after more than 10 seasons in the league is understandable.
I don't feel he should feel obligated to the Celtics. Had Pierce done that move, it would have been a different story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Also is it true that Manu was the MVP for the Heat? Haven't seen one game, so..
Not far from it... I've always thought he was robbed of the finals MVP in '05 when despite good numbers Duncan was shaking in crunch time game after game, Parker decision making was questionable to say the least (improved a lot since then) and he made most of the big plays when it counted, but Manu was more like the LVP these finals.
Archer16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 09:51 PM   #261
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

yeah I meant MVP FOR the Heat Manu he was so good back then..

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 04:24 AM   #262

Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future

In the coverage they said Ray Allen had played (or won?) more Game 7s than anyone in NBA history. Pretty impressive considering he spent time in Milwaukee and Seattle (after they were good).
I stand to be corrected if that's wrong

Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 10:00 AM   #263
country flag Archer16

Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In the coverage they said Ray Allen had played (or won?) more Game 7s than anyone in NBA history. Pretty impressive considering he spent time in Milwaukee and Seattle (after they were good).
I stand to be corrected if that's wrong
Maybe most game 7s played - he's 7-4 for his career (and has another decider, a R1 game 5 in his first postseason with the Bucks in 2000).
As for most game 7s won, I think most of you can take a guess who's on top

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
yeah I meant MVP FOR the Heat Manu he was so good back then..
Yeah I got what you meant, but I'd say LeBron and D-Wade still contributed more to their team, so LVP better suits his performance.
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 10:16 AM   #264

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer16 View Post
Maybe most game 7s played - he's 7-4 for his career (and has another decider, a R1 game 5 in his first postseason with the Bucks in 2000).
As for most game 7s won, I think most of you can take a guess who's on top

Bill Russell?

Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 12:33 PM   #265
country flag Archer16

Quote:
Bill Russell?
Correct
An astonishing 10-0 in game 7s, half of them in championship games

Another legend who played the same amount of game 7s is the one on the NBA logo, and he's 5-5, but 0-4 in the finals (three of them to Russell and co., the last one to the Knicks). Also 1-1 in deciding game 5s early in his career.
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 12:50 PM   #266

Jordan didn't play many game 7s as the Bulls were rarely extended in their era of dominance.
Magic and Bird met in 1984s Game 7 of the finals - and Magic's lakers went to 7 vs Detroit in 1988.
Don't know exactly Magic and Bird's overall game 7 performances.

Old Jun 24th, 2013, 12:41 AM   #267
country flag Archer16

Quote:
Jordan didn't play many game 7s as the Bulls were rarely extended in their era of dominance.
Magic and Bird met in 1984s Game 7 of the finals - and Magic's lakers went to 7 vs Detroit in 1988.
Don't know exactly Magic and Bird's overall game 7 performances.
The 1984 finals was their only game 7 H2H.
Larry was 6-2 in game 7s and Magic was 3-1 - all three coming in succession: the conference semis, conference finals and NBA finals (vs Detroit as you mentioned), an NBA record not equaled since.

Jordan was 2-1 in game 7s.
Dominant as the Bulls were, and while it is true they never needed a game 7 in any of their finals, all of their game 6s save the one vs the Sonics (1996) were very close with some of these four bordering on miracles:
  • They trailed Portland by 15 entering the 4th.
  • Home team Phoenix led by 4 with possession with a minute left, after the Bulls scored only 7 points (all by Jordan) in 11 minutes (note: despite Jordan's driving lay-up and Paxson's famous series winning 3-pointer, the 12 points scored by the Bulls still were an NBA record-low for the 4th quarter in the finals at the time).
  • And, of course, the game winning shots of Kerr and Jordan respectively in the two series vs Utah, who led for most of both game 6s.

Back to the painful present, here's a thought: the Spurs had just acquired Tracy "one-and-done" McGrady entering the playoffs. The poor guy has such a bad karma, he could have probably turned Russell's Celtics into a bunch of chokers had he played then.
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 02:23 AM   #268

Magic didn't play many game 7s either.
NBA draft this week - who will the Cavs pick?
Doc Rivers goes to the Clippers!

Last edited by Invisible Fan : Jun 25th, 2013 at 03:09 AM.