WWW Istanbul FINAL(2004 YEC final rematch) [2] Maria Sharapova vs [3] Serena Williams - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who will win?

Maria Sharapova 47 21.76%
Serena Williams 169 78.24%
Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 27th, 2012, 06:10 PM   #136
country flag Halepsova

Halepsova has disabled reputation
Re: WWW Istanbul FINAL(2004 YEC final rematch) [2] Maria Sharapova vs [3] Serena Will

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
Neither has played their best tennis, and I can't just believe that Serena will win. I mean, if I did why even bother watching the match. As NID as it may seem, stranger things have happened in sport.

I'll say Maria in 3, or Serena in 2. If Serena loses at set I think that could be game over, just because it's been so long since Maria has challenged her, that she'd probably collapse due to shock.
If Serena loses a set, she's gonna be extremely mad and you know what's gonna happen.
Advertisement

Old Oct 27th, 2012, 06:10 PM   #137
country flag effedcamel

effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future
Re: WWW Istanbul FINAL(2004 YEC final rematch) [2] Maria Sharapova vs [3] Serena Will

I'd just like to see some actual tennis played.
effedcamel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 06:11 PM   #138
country flag jrm

jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute

i'm thinking tight but Serena in two, not a pretty tennis
Current crushes: Johannes STRATE Tom BATEMAN Éric BRUNEAU
Simply the best: Ole Einar BJØRNDALEN and JANNE AHONEN
jrm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 06:11 PM   #139
victory1

victory1 has much to be proud of victory1 has much to be proud of victory1 has much to be proud of victory1 has much to be proud of victory1 has much to be proud of victory1 has much to be proud of victory1 has much to be proud of victory1 has much to be proud of victory1 has much to be proud of victory1 has much to be proud of victory1 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
She was very young, she learnt from this.
That's true. She has not done this since so I agree, it was a display of youth in her break through year!
Serena should win this but I think it will be competitive 2 set. Good luck Serena! Win this tourney!

"Prejudice is a labor saving device-it enables you to form an opinion without having to dig up the facts"
"Just because we are equal, Does not mean we are the same"
victory1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 06:18 PM   #140
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT2009 View Post
If Serena loses a set, she's gonna be extremely mad and you know what's gonna happen.
She'll reduce Martha to tears like she did in the Olympic finals?
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 06:34 PM   #141
country flag jacobruiz
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradbury View Post
Best chance to beat Serena that Martha has had in a long time. Serena I subpar , it's her first tournament back sinc USO whileon Martha is riding super high confidence and from what I read playing at her peak. Shoul he a fun match, the surface and climate definitely helps neutralise serena's serve and hide Martha's serving blips.Wish I could see the final.

Maria is certainly playing well but only Williams' fans are saying she is "at her peak".
And you know Serena will be just fine tomorrow.
Who knows, maybe we will get a competitive match.

AT LONG LAST!!!! The DEMOCRATS BACK IN POWER!!!
OH, SAY DOES THE STAR-SPANGLED BANNER YET WAVE........ YES!!! YES!!!! YEESSSS!!!!! Don't waver, Mr. President - the people voted for you AND your agenda!!
Missouri State Fair - yet another reason to ban rodeos
jacobruiz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #142
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen_Vee_92 View Post
2 in the final that deserved to be there, which is a good thing. And imo the 2 best players in the world when both are completely on their game. So good for the WTA that we get this final.

However, it will be very bad for the WTA if Serena trashes Maria. It's getting kinda ridiculous how easy Rena is beating the others at the minute, and i really really hope we get a positive final with at least 2 close sets, but i highly doubt it.

Serena knows she's embarassed Maria many time already but i think the YEC 2004 will be remembered and she'll want to smash her at this venue as well.

Regrettably Serena 6-3, 6-1
i think it more of the Wimbledon final that anything else, much like Stosur and Vika when they beat Serena comprehensively, she just became more focused when facing them.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 06:44 PM   #143
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Serena is playing around 60% right now, the only chance Sharapova has to win, is if the Serena in the Li match is going to appear. around 20-25%.
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 06:47 PM   #144
country flag dencod16

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K.B. View Post
Serena in two CLOSE sets.
6-0, 6-1? or 6-2, 6-2?
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 06:49 PM   #145
country flag dencod16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLF View Post
Serena but with Maria improving her scoreline from the year's other matches.
I hope so for her own sake. or at least tie the amount of games she won in Madrid.
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 06:54 PM   #146
Tech1

Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute Tech1 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, Serena!!!
Tech1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 06:59 PM   #147
country flag TennisPhan

TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future

I think Sharapova will do much better than she did at the olympics. The match was closer than the 6-0 6-1 scoreline tells us. Sharapova was serving very badly, hitting 2 double faults in 1 game and the wind was a big problem.

Now at the YEC she is serving better and there will be no wind. I expect Serena to win of course, but it wont be as easy as it was at the olympics.
TennisPhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 07:11 PM   #148
country flag VIKANADAL01

VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all

Serena! but please no bagels and breadsticks...
VIKANADAL01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 07:13 PM   #149
country flag thommus

thommus is a glorious beacon of light thommus is a glorious beacon of light thommus is a glorious beacon of light thommus is a glorious beacon of light thommus is a glorious beacon of light thommus is a glorious beacon of light thommus is a glorious beacon of light thommus is a glorious beacon of light thommus is a glorious beacon of light thommus is a glorious beacon of light thommus is a glorious beacon of light

Like to see sharapova winning but the poll isn't promising.
thommus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 07:13 PM   #150
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Sarin to go Yaroslava on Pova.