$25,000 Buenos Aires (ARG) 2012 | Oct 29 (Winner: Teliana Pereira) - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 31st, 2012, 08:14 PM   #76
country flag LightsOut!

LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: $25,000 Buenos Aires (ARG) 2012 | Oct 29 (Draws)

Do you have one of Timi?
JaJa / TaTo

LaraM / Cucumber / B
acs / Kennel

formerly known as Mr. Joyful, MUFFIN MONSTER, S.T.A.R. and Cucumber_Conny.
LightsOut! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 31st, 2012, 09:24 PM   #77
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Second Round

Raluca Olaru (ROU) d. (1)Julia Cohen (USA) 26 75 75
(7)Maria Irigoyen (ARG) d. (Q)Paula Cristina Goncalves (BRA) 36 64 64

Maria-Fernanda Alvarez-Teran (BOL) d. (4)Chanel Simmonds (RSA) 62 61
Amanda Carreras (GBR) d. (wc)Catalina Pella (ARG) 63 64

(6)Timea Bacsinszky (SUI) d. Elena Bogdan (ROU) 64 61
(3)Teliana Pereira (BRA) d. Maria-Fernanda Alves (BRA) 63 61

(5)Florencia Molinero (ARG) d. (wc)Tatiana Bua (ARG) 60 61
Eva Fernandez-Brugues (ESP) d. (wc)Nadia Podoroska (ARG) 60 64
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 09:28 PM   #78
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

GL Teliana!!! WIN IT ALL

Bally

goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 09:48 PM   #79
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerine_Timea View Post
Do you have one of Timi?
No, sorry.
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 10:22 PM   #80
country flag FiBeR

FiBeR has much to be proud of FiBeR has much to be proud of FiBeR has much to be proud of FiBeR has much to be proud of FiBeR has much to be proud of FiBeR has much to be proud of FiBeR has much to be proud of FiBeR has much to be proud of FiBeR has much to be proud of FiBeR has much to be proud of FiBeR has much to be proud of

Im back from the TCA. spent a lovely evening with Gaby Sabatini

Irigoyen's match was the thriller of the day.. Mery was 3-6, 1-4 down with double break in 2nd set.. came back to win 3-6, 6-4.. then in the final set she was down 2-4 in the decider.. and finally won 6-4.

Podoroska wasn't on her day.. she was missing close points, overpowering her rival who was more experienced and used pretty well the effects .. she didnt let Nadia think. In the final set, Nadia came from a 1-4 to serve 4-5.. only to get broken. Still, a lot of experience for the young talent.
Singles:WMemphis,Fes,Barcelona,SF Rosmalen, Istambul
CH Singles:WOpole, SF Belfort
Doubles(w/Hotzenplotz):WWimbledon,Indian Wells,Moscow,Fes,F Istambul,Silver Medalist Beijing (w/manu86) SF YEC Doha
CH Doubles(w/Hotzenplotz):WLas Vegas,Waikoloa,Perth,Sorrento,F Dothan,WSan Diego,F Opole
FiBeR is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 10:24 PM   #81
country flag FiBeR

FiBeR has much to be proud of FiBeR has much to be proud of FiBeR has much to be proud of FiBeR has much to be proud of FiBeR has much to be proud of FiBeR has much to be proud of FiBeR has much to be proud of FiBeR has much to be proud of FiBeR has much to be proud of FiBeR has much to be proud of FiBeR has much to be proud of

Julia Cohen's match.. around 4h of play!! a tough fierce battle!
Doubles(w/Hotzenplotz):WWimbledon,Indian Wells,Moscow,Fes,F Istambul,Silver Medalist Beijing (w/manu86) SF YEC Doha
CH Doubles(w/Hotzenplotz):WLas Vegas,Waikoloa,Perth,Sorrento,F Dothan,WSan Diego,F Opole
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 10:45 PM   #82
country flag LegionArgentina

LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute

Could you writes us something more about the matches about the game more than the scoreline if it is possible, you could write us in english,spanish,portugues and italian. Which player hits more aces,more DF,makes more winners,who moonball well, who goes to net quite frenquently,etc

MFAT was serving so well the previous week
Florcha and Mery
Teli
Nadia and Tati

*Peng*Tanasurgarn*SuarezNavarro*Duarte*Martic*Ryba rikova*
*Irigoyen*Botto*Ormaechea*Pella*Lucero*Pereira*Tow nsend*

*Kurata*Gamiz*Perez*SaiSai Zheng*Errani*Ce*ForetzGacon*
.Podoroska.Bonardi.HaddadMaia.PerezRojas.Gonzalez.
*Furlanetto*Goncalves*Pigossi*AlvarezTeran*DuqueMa rino*
LegionArgentina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 10:50 PM   #83
country flag LightsOut!

LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute

Timi/Flor won their doubles match
JaJa / TaTo

LaraM / Cucumber / B
acs / Kennel

formerly known as Mr. Joyful, MUFFIN MONSTER, S.T.A.R. and Cucumber_Conny.
LightsOut! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 11:31 PM   #84
country flag FiBeR

I only got to see glimpses of the matches because there were so many simultaneously and I was helping with the Gaby Sabatini event.

I watched the first set from Podoroska-Fernandez Brugues and the last 3 games of the match. Brugues is a grinder who played a really smart game against an inexperienced player like Nadia. She didn't let Nadia think and Podoroska was missing some clear winners by nothing. She would dominate the point then when going for the final hit, the ball would go long for inches, or sometimes wide. Brugues did well in variating her game and using topspin to neutralize the flat strokes from Podoroska. Nadia needs to work a bit more on her service and although did settle down in the 2nd set where she started to play a lot better (gaining momentum near the end of the match), it was a lil too late. Brugues broke herself when serving for the match (2 double faults) then a couple of nice exchanges decided to break to Nadia by hitting winners (same balls that in the first set were out, here they were in). In the final game, Nadia hit too many errors -she did miss a lot of easy balls- and found herself 0-40. 2 points later it was GSM.

Irigoyen-Gonzalves was a nice, full of come-and-go's. The match was basically between two players who are claycourters and dragged down the match to their comfort zone until the rival managed to turn things around. I only saw a couple of games in the 3rd set but it was enough. Goncalves seemed like she was dominating earlier but somehow lost the firepower at the end of 2nd and 3rd set. She would feel the pressure of being up and Maria Irigoyen would have to dig deep to win the points. She ran a lot, moved her rival around and outclassed Goncalves from the baseline as well as using well the drop shots. Irigoyen played very nicely: an example of this was the match point. At 30-30, she would bring Goncalves to the net, then execute a beautiful lob that would land in to grant her the Match Point. Then win by winning the rally in the next point.

the Cohen-Olaru match needs to be highlighted. Cohen seemed in control of the match but broke herself in the 2nd set to lose the set 7-5. She was pretty vocal about her game and was dragged down to Olaru's gameplan: long rallies and physical match. On papers, Cohen was the favourite but it is always a tough job against Raluca.. I believe the weather, the court conditions and everything just clicked for Olaru who outgrinded Cohen. The match was by far the longest I've seen in women's tennis and I came in right at the 5-5 in the 2nd set. Cohen seemed lost in her thoughts and wasn't focused. I haven't seen her play before but I must say props to the tidy web that Olaru knitt to trap Cohen. It really worked.

Talked to Nanda Alvarez Teran after her match (didnt make it) and she wasn't feeling well on the previous days. She told me she won in one leg yesterday but today she woke up feeling perfectly. No pain on her legs or shoulder (she had something bothering her when serving) so it was a quick faena. She's feeling confident and she told me she will be moving shortly to Boca Ratón with her family.

Bacsinszky-Bogdan match was hard to watch because it was right in the middle of the Podoroska-Brugues and the Irigoyen-Goncalves.. the view was awful and couldn't get any of the good stuff. Bogdan's mother reminds me a bit of Judy Murray but just because of the hairstyle and the fact that she's a tennis mom (sorry for the shallow analisis)

When I got to the club, Teliana had already won so no report on that either.

Molinero's match was harder than the scoreline suggests. There were long rallies, tons of games reached the 30-30, but Flor seemed to be a bit more in control in every game. She would win the crucial points and take the games one after another, even though Tati Bua never stopped fighting. I saw some parts of the first and second set and I couldn't believe the scoreline. Tati was winning 1 point, losing another in a rally, then winning another, then losing 2 points in a row and that was it: game for Molinero. So the 6-0, 6-1 wasn't a spanking...but you know, it's tennis.

Carreras and Pella have a very similar gamestyle. Carreras had a lil bit more of the edge (I only saw 4 games and managed to get a break from Carreras). Carreras would expose Pella when she wasn't doing well on confidence. I had to run to the Sabatini event (something about breast Cancer with Argentinian tennis legends playing a doubles match) so I wasn't really paying much attention but I can tell you Carreras played similar to Catalina who wasn't on her day. I've seen Cata play a lot of times and today Amanda was doing what Pella does but a bit better. That's the story about that match. I think she wasnt happy about the long wait (Pella-Carreras played on the 2nd match of the day, which was the Cohen-Olaru) and she had lunch like 1h before the match but I don't think that had anything to do with it, but who knows.. she seemed a bit off, or a tad slower.

anyway, that's all I can tell you from today.
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 11:46 PM   #85
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, FiBeR!
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 12:13 AM   #86
country flag FiBeR

Im not a photographer, and my camera isn't very good, but I upload pictures day after day here http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...9273553&type=3
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 02:48 AM   #87
country flag lucho_coria

lucho_coria has much to be proud of lucho_coria has much to be proud of lucho_coria has much to be proud of lucho_coria has much to be proud of lucho_coria has much to be proud of lucho_coria has much to be proud of lucho_coria has much to be proud of lucho_coria has much to be proud of lucho_coria has much to be proud of lucho_coria has much to be proud of lucho_coria has much to be proud of

The match between Cohen and Olaru lasted 4 hours! And Raluca saved a match point in the third set when she was down 4-5 30-40.
The match between Mery and Paula was really nice, long rallies and beautiful points, dropshots, lobs. It was a fight between Mery's drive and Paula's backhand.
Amanda Carreras really surprised me! Beautiful clay court game from her.

Paula Ormaechea - Flor Molinero - Pitu Salerni - Paola Suarez - Betina Jozami - Erica Krauth - Rossana De Los Rios - Verónica Spiegel - Ana Clara Duarte - Gisela Dulko
lucho_coria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 02:49 AM   #88
country flag JLNBolivia

JLNBolivia is a glorious beacon of light JLNBolivia is a glorious beacon of light JLNBolivia is a glorious beacon of light JLNBolivia is a glorious beacon of light JLNBolivia is a glorious beacon of light JLNBolivia is a glorious beacon of light JLNBolivia is a glorious beacon of light JLNBolivia is a glorious beacon of light JLNBolivia is a glorious beacon of light JLNBolivia is a glorious beacon of light JLNBolivia is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiBeR View Post
I only got to see glimpses of the matches because there were so many simultaneously and I was helping with the Gaby Sabatini event.

I watched the first set from Podoroska-Fernandez Brugues and the last 3 games of the match. Brugues is a grinder who played a really smart game against an inexperienced player like Nadia. She didn't let Nadia think and Podoroska was missing some clear winners by nothing. She would dominate the point then when going for the final hit, the ball would go long for inches, or sometimes wide. Brugues did well in variating her game and using topspin to neutralize the flat strokes from Podoroska. Nadia needs to work a bit more on her service and although did settle down in the 2nd set where she started to play a lot better (gaining momentum near the end of the match), it was a lil too late. Brugues broke herself when serving for the match (2 double faults) then a couple of nice exchanges decided to break to Nadia by hitting winners (same balls that in the first set were out, here they were in). In the final game, Nadia hit too many errors -she did miss a lot of easy balls- and found herself 0-40. 2 points later it was GSM.

Irigoyen-Gonzalves was a nice, full of come-and-go's. The match was basically between two players who are claycourters and dragged down the match to their comfort zone until the rival managed to turn things around. I only saw a couple of games in the 3rd set but it was enough. Goncalves seemed like she was dominating earlier but somehow lost the firepower at the end of 2nd and 3rd set. She would feel the pressure of being up and Maria Irigoyen would have to dig deep to win the points. She ran a lot, moved her rival around and outclassed Goncalves from the baseline as well as using well the drop shots. Irigoyen played very nicely: an example of this was the match point. At 30-30, she would bring Goncalves to the net, then execute a beautiful lob that would land in to grant her the Match Point. Then win by winning the rally in the next point.

the Cohen-Olaru match needs to be highlighted. Cohen seemed in control of the match but broke herself in the 2nd set to lose the set 7-5. She was pretty vocal about her game and was dragged down to Olaru's gameplan: long rallies and physical match. On papers, Cohen was the favourite but it is always a tough job against Raluca.. I believe the weather, the court conditions and everything just clicked for Olaru who outgrinded Cohen. The match was by far the longest I've seen in women's tennis and I came in right at the 5-5 in the 2nd set. Cohen seemed lost in her thoughts and wasn't focused. I haven't seen her play before but I must say props to the tidy web that Olaru knitt to trap Cohen. It really worked.

Talked to Nanda Alvarez Teran after her match (didnt make it) and she wasn't feeling well on the previous days. She told me she won in one leg yesterday but today she woke up feeling perfectly. No pain on her legs or shoulder (she had something bothering her when serving) so it was a quick faena. She's feeling confident and she told me she will be moving shortly to Boca Ratón with her family.

Bacsinszky-Bogdan match was hard to watch because it was right in the middle of the Podoroska-Brugues and the Irigoyen-Goncalves.. the view was awful and couldn't get any of the good stuff. Bogdan's mother reminds me a bit of Judy Murray but just because of the hairstyle and the fact that she's a tennis mom (sorry for the shallow analisis)

When I got to the club, Teliana had already won so no report on that either.

Molinero's match was harder than the scoreline suggests. There were long rallies, tons of games reached the 30-30, but Flor seemed to be a bit more in control in every game. She would win the crucial points and take the games one after another, even though Tati Bua never stopped fighting. I saw some parts of the first and second set and I couldn't believe the scoreline. Tati was winning 1 point, losing another in a rally, then winning another, then losing 2 points in a row and that was it: game for Molinero. So the 6-0, 6-1 wasn't a spanking...but you know, it's tennis.

Carreras and Pella have a very similar gamestyle. Carreras had a lil bit more of the edge (I only saw 4 games and managed to get a break from Carreras). Carreras would expose Pella when she wasn't doing well on confidence. I had to run to the Sabatini event (something about breast Cancer with Argentinian tennis legends playing a doubles match) so I wasn't really paying much attention but I can tell you Carreras played similar to Catalina who wasn't on her day. I've seen Cata play a lot of times and today Amanda was doing what Pella does but a bit better. That's the story about that match. I think she wasnt happy about the long wait (Pella-Carreras played on the 2nd match of the day, which was the Cohen-Olaru) and she had lunch like 1h before the match but I don't think that had anything to do with it, but who knows.. she seemed a bit off, or a tad slower.

anyway, that's all I can tell you from today.
Thanks for the reports Fiber! The only thing I didn't get is Carreras and Pella's gamestyle, you say they're similar, but what is their gamestyle like?? rsrs hardhitter, moonballer, variaty, netgame?
JLNBolivia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 12:06 PM   #89
country flag Jose.

Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute

Timea, Ralu Chanel
Jose. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 12:13 PM   #90
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute

Great report, Fiber!
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote