What do you do when facing break points? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 1st, 2012, 10:49 AM   #16
country flag Yoncé
On His Mouth Like Liquor

Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What do you do when facing break points?

Turn into Niculescu and go all psychotic-slicer

Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 04:20 AM   #17
country flag Keegan

Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute Keegan has a reputation beyond repute

Go defensive and not let any ball get away no matter how shitty my return will be. Got to get them to hit an off balance one at some point, and then try hit a winner at some stage. I also avoid my backhand like the plague.
Wimbledon 2004
US Open 2006
Olympic Silver
Victoria Azarenka | Petra Kvitova | Angelique Kerber | Caroline Wozniacki | Serena Williams | Heather Watson | Eugenie Bouchard
Keegan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 01:19 PM   #18
country flag Grigorpova

Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of

Ace them.
Grigorpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:02 PM   #19
country flag The Bulldog

The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of

Grunt like crazy.
The Bulldog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 08:12 PM   #20
country flag GOATdin0931

GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Go for first serve (miss it most the time )

Then push, slice, push some more, and try to use a lot of topspin on my forehand and keep the balls high and in the corners or short on an angle
GOATdin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 06:50 PM   #21
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

Depends. If I have been serving to their weaker side a lot, I sometimes like to go for a shock factor and serve to their strength. But for the most part I make them try to win that point with their worst shot, constantly hitting into that corner of the court until I get a ball I can put away.

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2013, 03:52 AM   #22
country flag Povin
postcyber

Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future

I hit a safe first serve, because if it's a second serve, then because of nerves, it's easy to hit a DF, which would be super irritating on a BP
And body serves work too!
Povin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 06:10 AM   #23
country flag MMJSL

MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute

I like to go all out facing break points. I face them all the time lol. It makes me feel better that I can rely on a good return game for the next game.
MMJSL is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote