What do you do when facing break points? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 25th, 2012, 05:49 PM   #1
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future
What do you do when facing break points?

Do you continue as you are going, hoping it will work? Do you take more risks and play more aggresively to get a winner? Or do you play with caution, and try minimise the chance of a UE?

For me, i generally play an aggresive and attacking game. If faced with BP's i normally try for an aggressive first serve, but if i fault then i'm more cautious on my 2nd because i don't want to hand it them on a plate with a DF. The rest depends on the opponent. If he's aggressive then i go with a little more caution and try to force and error. If he's defensive and plays safe, then i add a little more aggression.

What about you?

Supporter of the 2 best smiles on tour
nazzac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 25th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #2
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What do you do when facing break points?

If he wants to get it, come and get it, I won't give away the point for free. I play with less risk though.

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 10:28 PM   #3
country flag Cheda 16.17

Cheda 16.17 has much to be proud of Cheda 16.17 has much to be proud of Cheda 16.17 has much to be proud of Cheda 16.17 has much to be proud of Cheda 16.17 has much to be proud of Cheda 16.17 has much to be proud of Cheda 16.17 has much to be proud of Cheda 16.17 has much to be proud of Cheda 16.17 has much to be proud of Cheda 16.17 has much to be proud of Cheda 16.17 has much to be proud of

I use variety sometimes... Sometimes I play very offensive on my serve, sometimes I play defensive, and if I have a chance, I'll risk on my backhand or forehand or I'll play agressive on forehand, and where are going the ball, it is.
Doubles: 2013 ITF Koksijde w/TheJoh, ITF Westende-Middelkerke w/TheJoh; 2014- WTA Auckland w/TheJoh, ITF Tinajo II w/TTomek, ITF Osprey w/TheJoh, WTA s'Hertogenbosch w/TheJoh, ITF Contrexeville w/TheJoh

Wimbledon 2013: #BestCarrer Entrance: as Alt Played R3
Cheda 16.17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 02:06 AM   #4
country flag Moveyourfeet

Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future

In general, I play breakpoints with courage. I want to make sure I'm dictating the point so big flat first serve out wide, or heavy deep kick second serve. I'm aggressive with my feet and making sure I'm taking the ball early. If my opponent can handle it, good on him.

That being said, this approach can change if I'm struggling with my timing. In that case I will play with a bit more margin.
Moveyourfeet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 02:20 AM   #5
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

1. Take my time.

2. Don't exaggerate the importance of the point. Treat it like a standard point in the match.

3. Hope my fugly technique doesn't bite me in the ass.
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 05:50 AM   #6
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

Collapse in on myself like a dying star.
petra
•••••
maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 06:32 AM   #7
country flag hautecouture

hautecouture is just really nice hautecouture is just really nice hautecouture is just really nice hautecouture is just really nice hautecouture is just really nice hautecouture is just really nice hautecouture is just really nice hautecouture is just really nice hautecouture is just really nice hautecouture is just really nice hautecouture is just really nice

I slam dunk the tennis ball into his face for a winner
hautecouture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 12:03 PM   #8
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

I play pretty aggressively, and I know that pushing and waiting for the error is NOT something I can outdo my opponents with most the time. Why bother giving them what they want?

I go for it, serve, second serve, FHs BHs I play aggressively and MAKE myself save the point. It's better mentally to have dictated that point, than thinking you opponent was too good.
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #9
country flag doktor

doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dawntreader View Post
1. Take my time.

2. Don't exaggerate the importance of the point. Treat it like a standard point in the match.

3. Hope my fugly technique doesn't bite me in the ass.

I try to treat every point the same, to the extent of reminding myself before each point 'deuce court point, my serve' or 'ad court point, his serve' to try remove the importance of score.

Works sometimes, but not enough
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #10
country flag dynamoRockstarr
Venus Fan

dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute

I just take it as one more point. And it depends on the person I'm playing. If I can be aggressive, I'm going to be. If the other person is more aggressive than me, then I play with caution. But I remind myself, it's just a point and Imma take it.

Planet Venus

[SouthSide, Duval, Keys, Stephens]
dynamoRockstarr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 05:22 PM   #11
country flag fast lefty

fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all

Play the game,not the scoreboard. A good rule this but I tended to ignore it in crucial points.and attacked.
fast lefty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 06:04 AM   #12
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

Double-fault
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 01:44 PM   #13
country flag Adrian.
Let's have a kiki!

Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute

Folding like a cheap tent

---

Trying to go for the Ace, then a pussy 2nd serve, which is in 50% a DF and when I'm in the rally, I'm pushing harder than Wozniacka

Adrian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 06:35 PM   #14
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

1. Get the first serve in
2. Get a mid-court forehand and follow it into the net
3. Botch easy volley

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 05:17 AM   #15
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Push

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote